Aspirin and PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#16  Post by Frodo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Yes, you are right. I should have to say "relatively" no carbs. Of course veggies and salad, berries, some fruits and nuts etc. But no cereals, potatoes, rice, pasta, sugar and so on. "The foods we are designed to eat" is part of the title of Loren Cordains book "Paleo Diet". And I think, that's a good definition.

ddimeo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by ddimeo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Owen,
I just started with MSM and in fact I'm considering dropping it once I finish it because of the DMSO.

ddimeo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by ddimeo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Zarfas,
That link is anecdotal and simply NOT true.
Please read the books I've referenced below.
The Obesity Code - Dr Jason Fung
Good Calories Bad Calories -- Gary Taubes
Fat Chance - Dr Robert H. Lustig

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#19  Post by Frodo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:47 am

Hello ddimeo
I would like to complete your references with these very interesting books:
Protein Power/Michael and Mary Eades
The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living/Volek, Phinney
The Paleo Solution/Robb Wolf
and The Stone-Age Health Programme/Eaton, Shostak, Konner.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#20  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:50 pm

ddimeo wrote:Hello Frodo,
...I got on to PT and DMSO (5ml/1x/day). The PT to keep my arteries healthy and reduce the cholesterol and DMSO as a pain killer, has additional benefits for the heart and is also a great to scavenger free radicals and so on. Read the book called "DMSO:Natures Healer " by Morton Walker.

I used to use DSMO externally for muscle pain (not any more now that I take Dribose).
Is it safe to swollow?

My Lpa went from 30 to 13 in 3 mo of PT. My EF is 50-55 from 30-35 (1 mo out from CABG on Nov 3,16)
Intrigued....

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#21  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:59 pm

zarfas wrote:
Frodo wrote:Sorry, I've forgotten to say. We only eat the foods we're designed to eat (according to Lorain and others). Absolutely n o c a r b s.

so no veggies?
or fruit?>

yeah, NO, there is a flaw in your thoughts
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... eally-eat/

The Paleo diet not only misunderstands how our own species, the organisms inside our bodies and the animals and plants we eat have evolved over the last 10,000 years, it also ignores much of the evidence about our ancestors' health during their—often brief—individual life span
Closely examining one group of modern hunter–gatherers—the Hiwi—reveals how much variation exists within the diet of a single small foraging society and deflates the notion that hunter–gatherers have impeccable health. Such examination also makes obvious the immense gap between a genuine community of foragers and Paleo dieters living in modern cities, selectively shopping at farmers' markets and making sure the dressing on their house salad is gluten, sugar and dairy free.

I see you have blinders on.
Please cease-and-desist on this no fat tirade.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#22  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:30 pm

ddimeo wrote:I forgot one thing. You need to get on a low carb high fat diet.
http://www.dietdoctor.com

I am on the 23 and me, tweaked swami (Dr Dadamo, ERFYBT). I AM an O. I thought I was low enough carbs but after the 23&me update it is no grains at all. Yet fruits are allowed.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#23  Post by Frodo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:56 am

skwoodwiva wrote:
ddimeo wrote:Hello Frodo,
...I got on to PT and DMSO (5ml/1x/day). The PT to keep my arteries healthy and reduce the cholesterol and DMSO as a pain killer, has additional benefits for the heart and is also a great to scavenger free radicals and so on. Read the book called "DMSO:Natures Healer " by Morton Walker.

I used to use DSMO externally for muscle pain (not any more now that I take Dribose).
Is it safe to swollow?

My Lpa went from 30 to 13 in 3 mo of PT. My EF is 50-55 from 30-35 (1 mo out from CABG on Nov 3,16)
Intrigued....

What have you done, to increase your EF?

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by TommyTurtle » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:51 pm

After a TIA late last year I was automatically put on aspirin. I've taken myself off aspirin and taking 1,000mg Krill Oil instead. I have very sticky platelets, probably due to high Lp(a) levels. I'm figuring that with niacin & arginine my vessels are well dilated and the krill oil should improve blood viscosity? I'm not totally sure I'm doing the right thing however I don't like the idea of continuing with aspirin

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#25  Post by Frodo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:32 pm

TommyTurtle wrote:After a TIA late last year I was automatically put on aspirin. I've taken myself off aspirin and taking 1,000mg Krill Oil instead. I have very sticky platelets, probably due to high Lp(a) levels. I'm figuring that with niacin & arginine my vessels are well dilated and the krill oil should improve blood viscosity? I'm not totally sure I'm doing the right thing however I don't like the idea of continuing with aspirin

I take 3 gram Omega-3 and 1,5 gram niacin. Arginine 6 gram and taurin 5 - 10 gram.

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#26  Post by TommyTurtle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Frodo, instead of aspirin I assume? For CVD? Do you have high Lp(a) too?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#27  Post by Frodo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:28 am

TommyTurtle wrote:Frodo, instead of aspirin I assume? For CVD? Do you have high Lp(a) too?

I would like to cut off aspirin, but still I haven't. I had two heart attacks (during runnings) and 4 stents. And Lp(a) is high - between 60 and 100. I'm trying to decrease it with PT.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#28  Post by Joanna45 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:46 am

For me the Pauling therapy is working my lpa is 12 but am still trying to get it lower. They wanted me to take an aspirin also..I do not have any stents though ..so I am not taking aspirin

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#29  Post by Frodo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 am

Joanna45 wrote:For me the Pauling therapy is working my lpa is 12 but am still trying to get it lower. They wanted me to take an aspirin also..I do not have any stents though ..so I am not taking aspirin

How long did it take to decrease your Lp(a)? And how much was your value?

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#30  Post by Joanna45 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:19 am

Frodo
I have been on Pauling Therapy since last June..my Lipoprotein a was above 100 the doctors wouldn't goive me the exact number...2 months ago I had it redone at a private Lab. My doctor would not order it..because he did not want me on the Pauling Therapy..but it was the only thing that worked ..I was quite sick and needed help fast ..so glad I found this site it saved my life..so I'm not sure how long it took for the Lpa to come down but it was that low after 8 months.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”