Aspirin and PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#1  Post by Frodo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:16 am

Hello,
I (German with Lp(a) query at the Forum) have yet another question. Because of my heart attack and 4 stents I should take aspirin lifelong, according to the doctors. I want it no longer because I have intense side effects like headache, dizziness and nausea. Although I only take 75 mg aspirin. My question: Can I replace aspirin by PT? Perhaps by vitamin e and other nutrients?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Aspirin and PT

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm

I hope johnwen sees this because I am interested in his thoughts (at least they don't have you on Plavix, right?)

If you continue on at least a good strong dose of Pauling/Rath's therapy, your stents should stay clean, otherwise about 40% grow back and the plaque narrows the stents. Maybe your stents are undersized, I'm not sure why they are worried about you clotting with stents - johnwen?)

With that much of an issue with aspirin I would at least look for an alternative, and depending on why they want you on "aspirin for life" we could probably recommend something. But yes, if you can afford Unique-E I would definitely add that (and magnesium, coQ10, and vitamin K) to the regimen.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by Frodo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:07 am

Hello Owen,
thanks for your answer. Yes, the doctors have prescribed a second bloodthinner - Efient (Prasugrel). That is a controversial successor of Plavix (Clopidogrel). I should take it for 12 month, but I've stopped it after 5 month. As well I should take the pharma blockbusters: statins, beta-blocker and medicine for the blood pressure. I haven't. For all of these products of the pharmaceutical industry I haven't found a convincing study. But after heart attack and stenting (particularly drugs eluting stents) you have to take all these "pharmas" and espicially the bloodthinners - aspirin for life time, according to international rules.
I take the complete PT-program and omega3 and pycnogenol in addition. And therefore I want to cut aspirin. But you'll find no doctor who is willing (better not able) to advise you.

ddimeo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by ddimeo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello Frodo,
What I'm about to write is MY OPINION.
I've had a stroke with one stent and they told me after 3 months that I would have to be on aspirin of 80mg for the rest of my life and on a statin. 3 months later and NO PILLS I got on to PT and DMSO (5ml/1x/day). The PT to keep my arteries healthy and reduce the cholesterol and DMSO as a pain killer, has additional benefits for the heart and is also a great to scavenger free radicals and so on. Read the book called "DMSO:Natures Healer " by Morton Walker.
My cholesterol went down from TC 244 down to 168, LDL 178 down to 107, HDL UP from 47 to 57 and the Trigs down from 91to 24 but that's not the best part. The Lp(a) went down from 10.4 to 3.8!!! All in 15 months!

This is what I'm doing on a regular basis with the supplements:
Vit C 2.5gr 4x/day
Lysine 1.5gr 4x/day
Proline 350mg 3x/day
Magnesium NeuroMag 3x/day (good for the brain)
Vit E (800IU), D (5000IU), K2 (200mcg) and A (30,000IU)
CoQ10 200mg
Niacin dropped down to 2grms a day divided up into 3 doses
B Complex 3x/day
MSM 4-6gr/day
Multi Vitamin 1x/day

As a side note my MD didn't even ask what supplements I'm on. Can you believe that?!?! So I went to my Naturopath and he says that what I'm doing is fine. Whew!! :) :) :)

ddimeo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by ddimeo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 pm

I forgot one thing. You need to get on a low carb high fat diet.
www.dietdoctor.com

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by Frodo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks for your useful informations and advices, ddimeo. They bolster me up. My Lp(a) hasn't decrease in the last years, as I like. It is fluctuating from 60 to 100. Since 2 months I have added 2g prolin. And according to your advice, I'll try to add msm too. Next week I'll take a new blood-check. And after that I'll stop taking (the Big Pharma-) aspirin.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by Frodo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:49 am

Sorry, I've forgotten to say. We only eat the foods we're designed to eat (according to Lorain and others). Absolutely n o c a r b s.

ddimeo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by ddimeo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:14 pm

It may be the units that are getting mixed up. So my reading was 38 mg/L or 3.8 mg/dl so if you have 60 mg/L it maybe it all likelihood be 6.0 mg/dl which means you are in the GREEN!!

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by Frodo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:24 am

Unfortunately not. The blood value is fluctuating between 60 to 100 mg/dl. The reference blood value of the laboratory is <34 mg/dl. But I'm sure to achieve it with PT.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by Frodo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:52 am

Today I had a new blood test for the blood clotting values (INR, PTT, blood sedimentation rate and fibrinogen). Depentent on the results I want to reduce or to cut taking aspirin. I'll report it on the forum.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by Frodo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:38 am

I've got my new blood values today. INR 1,03 (ref. 0,90-1,15), PTT 29,4 sec. (ref. 21,6-28,7), fibrinogen 244 mg/dl (ref. 170-420), blood sedimentation rate 2 mm/h (ref. 2-37). I think, that's OK. Although I only took 75 mg aspirin (baby aspirin) and not any other bloodthinners (like clopidogrel, prasugrel, and so on).And of course I took the PT nutrients. What do you think? Can I cut taking aspirin - under control?

ddimeo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by ddimeo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 pm

I really can't tell you what to do but I shared with you what I do and I take DMSO instead of aspirin. Good luck!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am

Question about the "DMSO" you take. In your list of supplements, you mention MSM. I didn't see the amount of DMSO dimeo.

By the way, your protocol is close to ideal, in my opinion.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by Frodo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:08 am

Thanks for your answers! Where can I find out informations and experiences about DMSO? I don't know DMSO until now. And do you know that aspirin inhibits the vitamin C intake?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by Frodo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:45 am

Addition: "Aspirin inhibits Vitamin C" according Norman Cousins in his book "Anatomy of an Illness as Perceived by the Patient".

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”