Questions on whether PT alone is enough and dosage

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Questions on whether PT alone is enough and dosage

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:53 am

Hi,

One more question please.

So I had a stent in 2009 so obviously I have CVD. I was looking at the different products, I just want to make sure that the Cardio C is the right one for me, if I’m going to give this a try which I am . I received the Cardio –C on Friday and started taking it yesterday. I also bought CoQ10… is it necessary to take the magnesium and vitamin E as well? Or is just taking the Cardo-C enough to reverse the disease? In addition the therapy says to take between 6000 and 18000 mg of vitamin C. Each scoop is 2500 mg, yesterday I took 5 scoops so not sure if I should get close to 18000mg.

Thanks

k.

Good questions.

The basic therapy invented by Linus Pauling is vitamin C and lysine, while the additions are based on my 20-year experience. Vitamin E is probably close to being as important as vitamin C for a heart patient, and if you are taking the standard heart medications, then they are depleting your system of CoQ10. Magnesium is another substance that has been shown to reduce death by heart attacks by 50% if given to ER patients (versus placebo).

Now Linus Pauling recommende up to 18,000 mg of vitamin C daily, but we don't generally recommend more than 6000 mg of lysine, so the proper thing to do is take 2 or 3 scoops of Cardio-C, and if you have not reached bowel tolerance, then use a pure vitamin C powder for the additional 12,000 mg (of C) and sodium ascorbate isn't a bad choice.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Questions on whether PT alone is enough and dosage

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Maybe also good to remember what Linus Pauling recommended as basics for good health in his 1986 book: 'How to Live Longer and Feel Better':

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 miligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

Personally consider vitamin D3 to get serum levels at least above 60 ng/dl, as much vitamin K2 you can get, the larger portion of Vitamin E as Gamma Tocopherol (as well as Tocotrienols), and CoQ10 also very important. All additions which haven't been well known or available at Pauling's times. Though why he only recommended 25 mg/d of magnesium is incomprehensible to me. Magnesium deficiency is very widespread and difficult to ever correct with that tiny bid.

With multi-vitamins and minerals it's important that one either tested serum ferritin and copper, or choose one without iron and copper. Also manganese better below 2 mg/d. Ideally it comes with methylfolate instead of folic acid (up to 50% of the population can't metabolize synthetic folic acid to active folate, where it even blocks receptors and creates a deficiency. Read above 1 mg/d). LifeExtension sells inexpensive Two-Per-Day capsules or pills as well as a B-Complex complying with all these precautions.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:05 am

Good post pamojja

This in the email.

Thank you, so which Vitamin C should I use to make up the difference. Regular Vitamin C or the Sodium Ascorbate?

The answer may depend on your age and "stomach" issues. Either is fine, however as we age, we tend to get a raw esophagus - commonly called GERD or heart burn. If pain when you swallow is a problem, then in my opinion, you should take at least half of the extra vitamin C as sodium ascorbate because it won't irritate the throat.

Ascorbic acid is what was used in the majority of the testimonials
. http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/#TESTIMONY
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:19 am

Thanks, So I bought some Vitamin C powder last night, it says 1000 mg per teaspoon. So I guess I should take 2 scoops of Cardio C which will give me 5000mg and make up the rest with the C I purchased? I really haven’t has any stomach issues, I also got the ascorbic acid type of C.

I was reading the protocol, I really don’t use salt on anything, but is it really necessary to use sea salt instead?

I also see he wants a clean diet, no junk food. Do you think that being a vegan would increase the chance of reversal?

Thanks for all your help, this is a serious undertaking as my CVD has gotten worse in the last 6 months , btw I’m 57 had my 1 stent put in 2009

The highly refined salt versus sea salt issue is covered in a book by David Brownstein, MD entitled SALT. You don't want to avoid salt, as Brownstein found research that doing that causes a hormone imbalance that can increase the risk of heart attack by 400% (This reference is in his book.) So since salt is necessary (the blood has the salt consistency of the ocean) why not use a healthy salt - as unrefined sea salt has something like 80 minerals.

No junk food is an excellent idea (anything that avoids trans fats) but in my opinion, there is little benefit from a vegan-style diet. First, you aren't likely to get the amino acids you can get eating meat, e.g. lysine, and second, a vegan diet would be mostly carbohydrates, thus they would increase your sugar levels. Pauling his his book mentions that meat, eggs, etc. are good foods.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

Have you ever read Dr. Mcdoughall’s books, especially the starch Solution or Colon Campbell China study that has proven Whole food plant based diets reduce heart disease and even reverse it as report in peer reviews like the Lancet by Dr. Dean Ornish and Caldwell Esselstyn .

We have had many spirited discussions with people who believe the idea that "whole food plant based diets" are related or may help heart disease. To some extent this could be true, but Linus Pauling and Mathias Rath, in their unified theory, identified the root cause of what we call cardiovascular disease - a vitamin C deficiency. Dr. Thomas Levy, MD, JD, board certified cardiologist, analyzed all 28 known CVD risk factors, and logically reduced them to one factor - a vitamin C deficiency, usually focal in the tissues. Then he wrote the book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER. So to the extent that a diet helps the body absorb and use more vitamin C - it can help, and avoiding trans fats does help in this regard (allows glucose and vitamin C through cell membranes.)

The’ve known since 1925 that sugar isn’t the cause of type 2 diabetes but in fact it’s insulin resistance due to animal fat.

I believe this is false, i.e,, the assertion that insulin resistance is due to animal fat. I believe it has more to do with hydrogenated fats (e.g. trans fats) as clearly explained in this article http://healingmatters.com/deception.htm

And if you look at Japan and China before they started eating like Americans their diet was 90% white rice yet had almost no Type 2 diabetes. When I went on all starch based diet with fruits and vegetables my A1C went down.

Probably true, but the change to an "american diet" also includes hydrogenated (e.g. trans) fatty acids.

Dr. Neil Barnard wrote a book that as well as Mcdougall that proves type 2 diabetes is 100% reversible though diet, a starch based diet

If you read Thomas Smith's article (heallingmatters.com) you will see that you can reverse Type 2 by avoiding trans fats entirely. So yes, to the extent that a "starch only" diet avoids trans fats, your assertion would be true. The misunderstanding is that ALL fats are evil, and far from it as every cell in the body has a lipid component and requires essential fatty acids. (You can live forever without any carbohydrates)

Anyway I have been eating animal products again and my angina has gotten worse, that’s why I’m going with this Vitamin C protocol since I have a hard time living the Starch based lifestyle. When I did do it for 5 months my cholesterol level dropped from 168 to 133 in 5 weeks. Anyway I hope to god this Vitamin C therapy works and reduces the plaque in my arteries. Btw I’ve been studying this since 2009 and so far the only thing I’ve seen that’s documented in study after study to stop and ever reverse CVD is whole food plant based diet, as in New England Journal and the lancet with angiography done in triplicate …But again I can’t sustain that way of eating so hopefully this vitamin C therapy works .

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate, right now the heart disease is winning

Dr. Atkins was a cardiologist, and he noticed that on a high fat, protein, low carb diet, his patient's heart indicators all improved. I know that different people require different diets, depending in large part on their ancestry. So a diet good for you may not be the right diet for me. There are ways to help determine this, but getting back to the general principles. Yes avoid fast food, anything in a box, and that has zero or more trans fats listed (you want No Trans Fats). Eating natural fats and proteins is generally fine (given various other concerns, such as hormones and antibiotics in meats, milk, etc.) Eggs are terrific foods.

Final word - the key is and always will be vitamin C - as well as your ability to utilize that vit. C which makes it into the blood stream.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 am

I started reading your book, I also was directed to website from the Pauling site about a book by a Dr. levy? I also read that this therapy probably won’t work on an artery if it’s 90% blocked, unfortunately I had a stent put in 2009 that was 90% blocked. I felt better for a little while but the Angina came back and I feel it’s still probably 90% blocked. It this a true that it doesn’t work on 90% blockages ?

PS I started the Therapy on 3/27/17

Thanks for your answers

We believe there has to be blood flow, so a 10% opening will probably work, but take more time.

Higher dosage of vitamin C and lysine may help, as would a good vitamin E - such as Unique E from AC Grace.

And to cover all bases, a form of vitamin K (e.g. Super-K from LEF.ORG). The Japanese work on vitamin K and calcium was published after Pauling's death. It showed that vitamin K acts as a hormone moving calcium from soft tissue into bone. (And conversely, common heart medications, e.g. so-called blood thinners, that work by blocking vitamin K lead to a rapid calcification of arteries and soft tissues.)

We just received another report yesterday, of someone with high Lp(a), who is taking Cardio-C and a vitamin K-2, and her calcium scan was Zero
. :D )
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 am

I just ordered the Super K, do we just take 1 per day, I haven’t looked the protocol yet for it…I hate being a pain but this is literally life and death. In addition what do we do as far as diet, just cut out trans fats and saturated fats? I would assume if I can try and stay vegan most of the time it may speed it up recovery . Right now I feel like my angina is getting worse. I was reading some stuff on the site about people who’s calcium got worse while doing this because they were taking the wrong kind of vitamin C?

Anyway I feel like I may not even be able to play golf this season as I normally walk when I play but Angina seems come on rather easily in my face when walking hard.

Thanks again for your constant help with this, after today I won’t be using this email since I’s my last working from here as my job has been displaced.

Hopefully in next several months I will feel my angina diminish

My wife and I have taken 1 Super-K for years - both of us have zero calcium scores.

Nothing wrong with "saturated" fats, especially natural saturated fats (thank you Linus Pauling!) . The extra hydrogen atom "saturates" the fat making it more stable. Fact is, hydrogenation (making a trans fat) is done to emulate a saturated fat to extend shelf life.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 am

. Just a couple more questions. I got the vitamin K life extension, is there a standard dose? I'm taking 800 vitamin E. As far as magnesium, I have magnesium citrate, is that the correct kind? I notice the Cardio C has a slight orange look and taste, yet the vitamin C powder ascorbic acid I bought at Vitamin Shop is white and doesn't have any hint of orange flavor like Cardio C.

I also watched that amazing video of Dr.Rath from 2015 about the studied with mice. I'm a believer now, hopefully I can reduce my plaque over time. I've been averaging about 14000 mg a day.

Thanks for your information

Cardio-C has a little Riboflavin (vitamin B2) that gives it a yellow/orange color. (We use a vitamin rather than food coloring to make it look like o.j. :-)
What is the vitamin E? I think there is a difference between ld - and d- vitamin E. We recommend the Natural - D-alpha-tocopherol rather than the synthetic DL-alpha-tocopherol, if at all possible. Both forms probably work, but our experience is with Unique-E from A. C. Grace.
Sounds like a good (absorbable) form of magnesium.

Can you send us the link to the Rath lecture (I think I heard this on audio tape years ago, but I would appreciate a link to the video.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”