Leaving Meds Behind

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

tpedry

Leaving Meds Behind

Post Number:#1  Post by tpedry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:15 pm

I am 43 and have high cholesterol. I have received 3 stents in the last four years and I was taking the medications of : Metoprolol 50 mg, Atorvastatin 20 mg and Clopidogrel 75 mg, daily. However, I ordered your Cardio C and started taking it a week ago. After a couple days of taking everything together, I scraped my shin and bled slowly for three hours. I have always had trouble clotting since being on the meds, but I thought the combination of all four was probably not healthy, so I quit taking the prescribed meds. I have not had any side effects that I know about, but I decided I better check with you about my decision to quit the meds. I know what my heart doctor would say!

I have been taking 3 scoops a day, but after doing some more reading it appears that I need to order some plain vitamin C to increase my intake.

Also, what tests would you recommend to monitor the progress of the plaque buildup (or hopefully the lack there of) in my arteries? Any other tests I should take that will give good information?

tpedry

Re: Leaving Meds Behind

Post Number:#2  Post by tpedry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

The Cardio C is 2.5 G a scoop, so 7.5 G a day. The first time I found out I had problems was about 4 years ago when I woke up from an angiogram and the doc said I had 2 new stents and very clogged arteries. No hereditary history, but very high cholesterol

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:26 pm

First I would advise staying on the plavix since you already have stents!
This is a anti platelet medicine used to keep clots from forming and with stents your at risk! V-C does not interfere with the action of this med but as good practice always allow at least an hour between scripted meds and supplements!
With your age your also getting into Blood Pressure elevation stage in your life which is among other reasons I presume your doc had you on the Metoprolol which is a Beta Blocker med. If your BP is up a little bit and he want’s you on a BP med. See what he thinks about Diltiazem which gives the same effects as Metoprolol without the adverse results that beta blockers are known for and it’s also good at controlling vasospasms.
Which after 4 years your moving into an area when if they used Drug eluding stents the effects of the drugs on the stents is just about gone and the body is going to be looking at getting this foreign object out.
Which is the arteries start to spasm (vasospasms) and this results in chest pain. Angina! Then your doc will say “If you would have stayed on the poisons I gave you this wouldn’t have happened!” When in reality it’s the stents he put in that’s causing the problem!
Now mind you! I hope you don’t experience this but the possibility is now there and even taking what he gave you won’t have helped and only would have done more damage!
Now on to the V-C your dose is pretty good if that’s about the best you can handle.
Since I don’t know your weight and if your weight is in pounds just divide it by 2.24 which gives the results in Kg then multiply that figure by 100 and that gives you the best amount of V-C given your condition to take.

Example: If you weight a 185lbs. Then 185/2.24=82.58 or 83 then
83 X 100 = 8300mg VC divide over the day.

>100mg/Kg is what is considered a therapeutic range. Just go with the V-C figures the other supplements in the Cardio will then follow with this amount as needed to help you!

If you get cold sores or have gotten them pick up some 1000mg. L-Lysine pills and add one a day along with the drink!

Hope this helps!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

tpedry

Post Number:#4  Post by tpedry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:35 pm

So you recommend not taking a statin drug? Any recommendations on tests?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”