81 year-old, stents and on Warfarin, looking for advice

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

81 year-old, stents and on Warfarin, looking for advice

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 am

I am emailing on behalf of an elderly friend, Don. Several years ago he was admitted to hospital for stents and a new valve (which he thinks was his aorta). Since then he has been on a beta blocker and warfarin. Needless to say he isn’t faring so well and is interested in the Pauling Protocol.

Given that he is new to all this, and aged 81, I thought it best to start him off on the Basic Protocol of Vitamin C (6,000 to 18,000mg) and Lysine (5,000 to 6,000mg).

I would be grateful for your opinion, given his current medications.

Also, we live in the UK (Wales) and it is expensive to import cardio C. As such I will be directing him to take these components separately. I am assuming this is OK?

Sincerely,

You are a good friend... Vitamin C is the key, and he can start slowly with pills, per this post for "newbies"...
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11577

The amount of vitamin C that people can take without issues varies over a wide range. If he can work himself up to 10,000 mg of vitamin C daily, he should feel much better.

The drug warfarin blocks vitamin K - which leads to calcium buildup in soft tissues (eg. the heart valve). The answer is to take vitamin K2 - which shouldn't interact with the anti-clotting function of Warfarin, but will work to move the calcium from soft tissue back into bones. (We have one case of a gentleman who visits our store whose doctor (a former Navy doctor) recommended he substitute Unique-E (vitamin E) for the warfarin. Many many moons ago. He was lucky, and is now close to 70. Most people aren't that lucky (to find a doctor like that.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”