lipitor

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

lipitor

Post Number:#1  Post by hvc » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:12 pm

I had a stent put in at the end of February. The doctor put me on 75mg plavix and 10 mg lipitor. He had wanted me to increase the lipitor but, I am not tolerating it well. I am afraid to go off of it as he said that other than the cholesterol lowering effect, it has a secondary effect as well. I don't know if that is plaque stabalization or anti-inflammatory or something else.
Could someone please elaborate on the secondary effect notiuon as the drug is not treating me well. Johnwen, any insite would be very much appreciated.

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: lipitor

Post Number:#2  Post by hvc » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Just as an addendum. I believe the idea is that the lipitor helps keep the arteries open.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:10 pm

I know despite statin treatment CAC score (ie. total calcified coronary plaque) usually grows at in average about 30% per year! So it must be an anti-inflammatory effect your doc had in mind.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:30 am

The statin cholesterol-lowering drugs, first derived from plant-poisons, See: THE HIDDEN ORIGIN OF STATIN DRUGS https://www.newswithviews.com/Ellison/shane16.htm do in fact lower cholesterol very well. This is the classic treatment of a symptom, elevated cholesterol, and not the underlying issue (which we know is a vitamin C deficiency).

The body is producing cholesterol in its attempt to combat heart disease. Cholesterol-lowering drugs thwart the body's effort to heal itself, and it is a wonder that any study shows any benefit from a statin drugs. Truth be told, no study (save one called Jupiter - which as cut off early to preserve the "win") shows any real benefit from statins, other than lowering cholesterol. TV commercials claim that there have been over 500 studies on Lipitor alone, yet none of these studies prove that there is any real benefit of these drugs, other than lowering cholesterol. Now all these studied have reportedly found some "phony" benefits, such as "lowering inflammation" that I believe these so-called secondary findings are entirely bogus, but it helps them sell drugs.

So why isn't "lowering cholesterol" good for heart patients? See this wonderful article ONE PHARMACIST’S VIEW OF CORONARY HEART DISEASE: COMPARING THE “LIPID THEORY” WITH THE “UNIFIED THEORY”
http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/pdf/MikeCi ... theory.pdf

To your questions, at least you are only on 10 mg of lipitor! That is the good news, and remember, these drugs deplete the body of CoQ10 (why they are plant poisons), so make sure if you are on a statin that you supplement CoQ10.

Now the Plavix also has a "wonderful" history of clinical studies. In at least two studies of Plavix, the studies were halted early because the placebo group was faring much better! (Yet this drug is approved and widely used.) Turns out that after a decade, is it difficult to find the information on the early "failed" trials, but I did find this FDA warning. Note that Plavix goes by another name - Clopidogrel.
ACCF/AHA Clopidogrel Clinical Alert: Approaches to the FDA “Boxed Warning” : A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents and the American Heart Association
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 9710019972
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”