Question

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Question

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm taking between 17000 to 18000 mg of vitamin C
2 scoops per day of cardiovascular C and the rest is made of powder vitamin c that I got from you guys. I rarely get bowel intolerance, do I need to take more?

Also August of 2016 I had a $5000 blood test that my insurance paid for I guess since I had a Stent in 2009. It's extremely detailed, you basically get a book of your results. Before I started watching the Dr.Rath videos I new nothing about lipoprotein (a) my Lpa number is 59, according to report it should be under 30. I'm in the high risk range.im having a blood test in next 2 weeks cause I'm seeing cardiologist May 23. Wonder if this more traditional lipid profile will look at lpa and if so will it change after 6 weeks of vitamin c protocol.

Thanks
Ken

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Question

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 am

You sound like me. My first question: Are you diabetic? (We have learned that if you are low on insulin, then the timing of your vitamin C w/r to your insulin, will determine whether even large amounts can enter certain cells.)

One of the things you can do is try the Russell Jaffee C Calibration. http://www.perque.com/lifestyle/self-tests/ascorbate-cleanse/

In a nutshell, determine the largest one-time dose of vitamin C that will not cause gas and loose stools. (For me that amount was at least 9,000 mg. but please check the protocol link above for dosages.) The Calibration is to take this amount every 15 minutes... until (at about the two hour point) you have watery stools. Alt. Doctors consider about 75% of the total amount consumed to be your "calibrated" daily requirement of ascorbate. I know a woman who calibrates to more than 60,000 mg daily.

A nice side-benefit of the procedure is a colon cleanse.

Regarding Blood work: It is hard to believe that a blood test would cost $5,000 (my recent sojourn into the Emergency room for 2 hours cost $19,000) and it would be interesting to see a synopsis. What are the Lp(a) units. Usually these days they are nmols/l - where 70 is okay, so 50 would be good.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:00 pm

This blood test was done my Boston medical group, again according to my cardiologist it's a super expensive blood test but I have very good ins and they covered. They look at some many different things, they break down all your cholesterol types into particle size and many other things, BTW I;n nit a diabetic..My A1C was elevated to 6.1 a few years ago, when i cut out white flour and even Whole Wheat products and stuck to rye bread and pumpernickel since I love bread my A1C went back down to 5.7...I have a feeling its elevated again since I haven't been eating as clean.I'll be getting blood work in next week or 2. On the Mcdoughall Starch solution diet i had lost 15 pound pounds in 5 months not that i was fat but at 5'4 and 160...I used to workout quite a bit so had alot of muscle...Now that I went back to eating animals I put 10 pounds back on so probably weigh between 155 and 160
ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm

One more question, I purchased the Ultra fine L-Ascorbic acid from Vitamin C foundation..It says 1/2 teaspoon is 1000 mg so I've been taking a full teaspoon at a time which should be 4000 mg correct? I usually take that 4 times a day plus 2 scoops of Cardio C
Thx
ken

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 01, 2017 6:55 am

Re: A1C - it is an indicator of glycation. If A1C high, read about (and you might try supplementing) carnosine. But I was referring to your actual blood sugar level. I assume that a $5,000 blood test measured your blood glucose. What was your blood glucose?

Did they MEASURE Lp(a). What was it?

And what was the total cholesterol?

Units please.

Gaining weight on an Atkin-like diet implies that you are cheating to some extent. Taking in too many carbs.

This heart doctor (Grundy) developed an Atkin-like diet, but not as severe, which he claims corrects all his patient's lab numbers.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Gundrys-Diet-Evolution-Waistline/dp/0307352129/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493643258&sr=8-1&keywords=dr+gundrys+diet+evolution
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 01, 2017 7:09 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:One more question, I purchased the Ultra fine L-Ascorbic acid ....It says 1/2 teaspoon is 1000 mg so I've been taking a full teaspoon at a time which should be 4000 mg correct? I usually take that 4 times a day plus 2 scoops of Cardiovascular C
Thx
ken

It should say 1/4 teaspoon is 1 gram, so yes a full teaspoon is roughly 4000 mg (or 4 grams).

So 4 times 4 grams is 16 grams from UltraFINE

2 scoops of Cardiovascular C would be 5000 mg or 5 grams

So you daily total is roughly 21 grams of vitamin C, or a very good amount if the last 20 years of case reports mean anything.

However, if you are diabetic or prediabetic, not making a lot of insulin (hmmm you gained weight, so that argues against you not making insulin) then the timing of this large vitamin C intake matters. Correct me if I am wrong johnwen, but both vitamin C and insulin are of short duration, i.e., they both have short half lives in the blood. For vitamin C to be absorbed, at least for white blood cells, and perhaps other cells, insulin must be present. We believe that most of the vitamin C enters these cell via the Insulin Mediated GLUT mechanism through the lipid membrane. So the idea is to make insulin and vitamin C levels peak at the same time, preferably keeping your blood sugar low (glucose competes with the vitamin C).

First, in my lay opinion, you should reduce carbs. (They are turned into sugars/glucose during digestion)

Second, when you eat, that is when your pancreas releases its stored insulin supplies into the blood stream, and I am rusty on the timing, but the insulin probably peaks in 30 minutes to one hour after eating.

The idea is to make sure your high vitamin C is also high about 30 minutes to an hour after eating, to match the high levels of insulin.

Getting complicated, lot of speculation, but this is all predicated on the fact that you are able to consume 21,000 mg of vitamin C - without bowel issues. Bottom line: Take some of your ascorbic acid just before or with every meal.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:26 am

Are you talking about Glucose or A1C, my glucose which to me changes every time you eat means nothing..but when i had my test done last August it was 73, I'm sure thats after fasting and my A1C was 5.7 LP(a) was 59 total cholesterol was 133 ...this is while being on the Mcdoughall Starch Solution...Whole food carbs are the main meal...Rice,corn,potatoes of all kinds,beans...then vegetables on the side My insulin was 13 which says was in normal range.
Thanks

Ken

PS I've gone back to eating animals like stated and gained back the 10 plus pounds I lost while eating starch...I'll be getting a typical blood test in next 2 weeks for my cardiologist..I'm sure my cholesterol has gone back up along with triglycerides and possibly my A1C

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:40 am

You should watch this just so you know how the other side thinks and the research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYTf0z_zVs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N3KDq3jvCE&t=1197s

Dr. Esselstyn and Dr. Mcdoughall

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”