Newbie Cholestrol Question Introduction

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

bjcbrenda

Newbie Cholestrol Question Introduction

Post Number:#1  Post by bjcbrenda » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:59 pm

I have been taking premvastin 40mg for several years. I am 60 and when around 35 (Military doctor) believed anyone 35 and over should take statins and I didn't question. Cholesterol was 200. Took meds off and on trying to get off but everytime I quit cholestrol went up dramatically. Last time it went up it was around 346 and this last time 306. I had issues with some of the meds so doc changed to 40 mg premvastin but cholesterol nevercame down. Started ultra fine china free VC 3000 mg twice a day/l lysine @ 2700 mg divided and l proline @ 4800 mg divided along wth unique E and K2 plus all my other supplements (no nician). A couple months ago started having tingling/numbness/cramps in feet and now hands especially at night. A1C is 5.6 fasting glucose 115 and started keto 8 weeks ago dropping 30 lbs.

Latest #s ldl/169, hdl/44, triglycerides 200 and what is weird is I exercise HITT and resistance...hdl was 79 last time dropped after taking VC regime and total cholestrol dropped 56 points ldl went down and triglycerides went up...lol...results were on statins and VC mentioned above which were based on packaging dosing recommendations.

I go may 12th for results from functional doctor who does a VAP type testing so will know more then. Before keto very little carbs and sugar and now no sugar and only pure keto.

Not sure how much VC to take and the ratio to L lysine and L proline or if need to add anything...very concerned abou the feet/hand thing as when sitting or lying dow the toes always on verge of cramping...I now weigh 172 and thyroid test normal. Pretty much stay in ketosis and do intermittent fasting a couple times a week...and take magnesium, calcium ad vd3. So much to say can't wait till May 12 to find out more. Any clarity or dosing suggestions appreciated thanks brenda

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Newbie Cholestrol Question Introduction

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:47 pm

“thyroid test normal”

Big Question mark on what is considered NORMAL????

If your TSH is over 1 to 1.5 mIU/L you have a under active thyroid!
Did they do a t3 and t4 test and a Thyroid peroxidase antibody test??

On your last test did they do a free calcium level check ???
Usually on the comprehensive metabolic panel list.

If you got them handy, could you post these tests and when you get the next test we can see if there is a pattern.

I’m also suspecting your Blood Pressure is a little high also in combination with all the other symptoms which we can put a name on!
Better known as, “Sub clinical Hypothyroidism metabolic syndrome.”

As far as what to do on your supplements since you don’t have any other problems such as a heart condition a maintenance dose of V-C and L-Lysine and L-Proline and your pretty close on what your taking to hold this.
This figures out to, given your weight to about 4000mg V-C per day along with about 3600mg L-Lysine and about 400 mg of Proline.

What I would advise at this point is to add some Selenium about 200 mcg. Per day. This is a dirt cheap supplement which has many positive effects on the thyroid.

Hope this helps
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

bjcbrenda

Post Number:#3  Post by bjcbrenda » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks so much for responding and I'll look at my thyroid test tomorrow but what they gave me seem very simplistic and hopefully my functional doctor did a more in-depth test and yes my blood pressure has recently went from 117 / 70 to around 128/83 and it has always been low and very good till just recently. The doctor told me she was very concerned about my HDL being so low when the last test was much higher so I was concerned about that and the tingling things in my feet and the numbness but I will check my thyroid test tomorrow but I bet it did not involve all the things you mentioned and I'll probably have to wait for those results from a functional doctor.

bjcbrenda

Post Number:#4  Post by bjcbrenda » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Calcium was 9.1
Thyroxine free is 1.3
Thyroid stimulating hormone sensitive 3.72 and they say the range is between 0.3 -4.5 and they call it thyrotropin sensitive
I will copy the full test tomorrow and upload it but they do not do the cholestrol
where you break down the particles and everything.... and the metabolic panel said my glucose is 105 not 115

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Joanna45 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 am

Hi.
I am hypothyroid and I keep my TSH numbers between 1-2. I know they say anything up to 5 is normal but it's not..in a healthy functioning thyroid the TSH is 1-2 ..when my numbers get above 3, I have all the symptoms of being hypothyroid..and the medicine I take is Aemour thyroid.

bjcbrenda

Post Number:#6  Post by bjcbrenda » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:11 am

Joanna45 I went out and looked this up and you're right....trying to change the standards to 2.5 or 3 is apparently a difficult task which is what is recommended ...and the doctor that I have my primary care doctor at the military base is not going to do or say anything about this and is very difficult to deal with. So hopefully my functional doctor tested for this and can give me some information. She was so dead set against me going off of statins that I just let her go ahead and fill the prescription so she would leave me alone. All the symptoms that I mentioned above and am experiencing now started taking after taking statins again.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by Joanna45 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:44 am

My doctor wanted me on statins also but I have normal cholesterol my numbers are

Total. 187
HDL. 74
LDL. 102
Tri. 53
Lpa. 12

I had to go to a private lab to have the Liprotein a test done doctor wouldn't do it.
Had some superior mesenteric artery narrowing ..which I reversed on vitamin C and Lysine.
Just added niacin and hope to lower it the Lipoprotein a even more

bjcbrenda

Post Number:#8  Post by bjcbrenda » Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Johnwen I have received my full panel numbers for cholestrol and thyroid and blood sugar

Total 293
LDL 197
HDL 57
Non hdl 236
Plaque marker is good 14.2
Apolipoprotein is high 174
VLDL 79
TOTAL LDL Particles 1613
Total hdl particles 7184
Remant protein 344
Dense LDL 639
DENSE LDL IV 111
BOUYANT HDL 2b 2261
Not-hdl,particles 1692
Cardio Risk Assementb - high
Omega 6 to 3 high and I do not eat omega 6 much at all
Arachidonic acid 13.9 high
Linoleum acid 24.3 high
TRIGLYCERIDES 121. - Doc UPPED NICIAN AGREED NO STATINS and thinks once hormones in shape cholestrol will b better

Insulin 7.9
Glucose 92
A1C 5.2
LEPTIN 9.7
DIABETES RISK LOW

Barely any traceable estrogen or testosterone - doc GAVE ME BIO IDENTICAL PELLET and progesterone

TSH 3.02 UIU/ML Standard 0.5-1.5
Free t3 2.4 pg/ml standard 3.5-4.2
Free T4 1.15 ng/do standard o.80-1.70
Thyroid peroxidase AB 16 IUML SHE LABELED AUTOIMMUNE - doc GAVE ME westhyroid and adrenal supplements

Taking your advised dose of c lysine and proline however i've been taking it first thing in the morning last At night and is causing (never did before) burning/rashing with BM ...and I just had a major diverticulitis attack....no hormones thins the intenstines ....so need to adjust c might need lipsonel but it is very expensive and I also take l glutamine for intenstines as well

How should I adjust VC protocol for the cholestrol issues any advice?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”