Calcium deposits causing aortic valve stenosis

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Calcium deposits causing aortic valve stenosis

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 01, 2017 2:40 pm

My mother has aortic valve stenosis and the doctor says it is probably because of calcium deposits on the valve.

I have read "Practicing Medicine without a license" and others describing the Pauling therapy for heart disease but I can't recall any of them mentioning that it helps heart valve problems. Have I missed something?

Is a calcium deposit the same or different from fat deposits?
Have you had any cases where the Pauling therapy helped anyone with valve problems?

Thank You,

In the free download from the book,
http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/
it mentions vitamin K, and if you go to the heart disease section of the Vitamin C Foundation forum,
one of the topmost articles is about the reasons why we added vitamin K to the protocol.
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11891

In a nutshell, after Pauling died, the Life Extension published Japanese research findings which showed that vitamin K acts like a hormone, moving calcium from soft tissues into bones.

Turns out that many common heart medications, including so-called "blood thinners", e.g. warfarin, work by blocking vitamin K to stop blood clotting. These drugs, commonly given to heart patients, lead to a rapid build-up of calcium in the soft tissues, including I'm quite sure, heart valves.

The work-around seems to be to supplement vitamin K2. I am no vitamin K expert, but we keep hearing that this form (K2) is not part of the anti-clotting mechanism the drugs are using, so vitamin K2 will not interfere with the common heart drugs, but it does retain the hormone activity to move calcium from soft tissue back into bones.

I know that long ago, M.D and author Thomas E Levy investigated vitamin K in one of his patients with heart valve calcification, but the results were inconclusive. The problem may be that it can take a long time, perhaps as long as a year, to resolve these calcium issues.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Calcium deposits causing aortic valve stenosis

Post Number:#2  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 am

My Blood test I had last year told me to take vitamin K. I purchased the kind from Life Extension. I'm wondering if I should take 2 a day as opposed to the recommended 1 a day since it supposedly helps remove calcium from arteries

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”