Got my Blood work back

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Got my Blood work back

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Went off of Whole foods diet aka the starch solution by Dr. Mcdoughall

Total Cholesterol went up from 133 to 212...That's a huge jump in in 5 months, need to start eating better. been eating to much crap.

Also it shows this

LIPOPROTEIN (A) 118 nmol/L <75 nmol/L H
Not sure if that's the same as Lipoprotein little a that Dr. Rath talks about.

When I had a more comprehensive test done last August it showed my LP (a) as 59 I can't believe thats the same protein, if it is why would it go up so much, thought Vitamin C and Niacin helps bring it down.
ugh

Seeing Cardiologist Tomorrow , see what he says when I tell him I don't believe that high cholesterol cause heart disease anymore :0
Ken

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Got my Blood work back

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Sun May 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Huch, that's a huge increase in Lp(a). If you tell that to your doc, he will probably say you're a suicidal. Happened multiple times to me.

Vitamin C and Niacin never brought Lp(a) down for me. Only normalization of hormones, DHEA and Testosterone, did.

Total Cholesterol went up from 133 to 212...That's a huge jump in in 5 months, need to start eating better. been eating to much crap.

TC means little even to docs. In observational studies it was shown that between 180-250 is where about the lowest mortality is. Cholesterol is needed, the more in inflammation, the more for hormone production. Could all be temporary issues in your case.

Where is your LDL, and where your triglycerides? How are your liver enzymes doing? Kidney health? free Tyroid hormones? Insulin resistance? Inflammation markers? - It all plays together and the more you know the more you'll understand.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Guess it's time to go back on the Starch Solution, my Lpa increased so much since I went off it

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Sun May 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Where is your LDL, and where your triglycerides? How are your liver enzymes doing? Kidney health? free Tyroid hormones? Insulin resistance? Inflammation markers? - It all plays together and the more you know the more you'll understand.

???

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:32 pm

My kidney function improved a lot when I was eat in whole foods, now it went back down from 66 to 59, should be 60 or higher for my age.
Triglycerides is 112
LDL 125
HDL 65
Glucose was 100

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Sun May 21, 2017 3:51 pm

riglycerides is 112
LDL 125
HDL 65
Glucose was 100

A fasting glucose of 100 could mean you're entering dangerous pre-diabetic terrain. And become diabetic in some years down the road, if you don't take precautions.

Usually docs don't consider trigs below 150 high. However, those who do test for LDL subclasses found, that with trigs near 50 your LDL would be mostly of the fluffy benign kind. While closer to 150 the more of the small-dense dangerous kind. Your about in the middle, and therefore your LDL could mean risk. Trigs are easily lowered by lowering carbs.

guitarplayer007 wrote:Guess it's time to go back on the Starch Solution, my Lpa increased so much since I went off it

If you do, do it the following way: Buy a cheap glucose-meter, best one with which you can get test-strips the cheapest. Then test each morning fasting, as well as after each meal post-prandial blood glucuse for some weeks. Post-prandial is first checked by testing a couple of times 45 min, 60 min and 75 min after having had a meal. And from then onward always after the time you had in average your highest blood-glucose spike.

While testing this way try whatever modification to your diet, if you like more starches, and see yourself where it leads. Good luck.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:10 pm

While on starch diet my A1C dropped from 6.1 to 5.7

Most people get type 2 diabetes because they have to much fat in their blood causing insulin resistance. When I ate more complex carbs and cut the animals out my A1C dropped. Look at Asians, they've been living on white rice for 90% of diet for 1000'a of years and used to have the lowest rate of type 2. Now that they started eating like Americana it's gone though the roof. Any even Dr.Rath in his book states several times eat a diet rich in plant foods and grains

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Sun May 21, 2017 4:31 pm

You don't know if you react overly sensitive to carbs, like for example me, if you don't monitor your blood glucose. We are all different.

I got pre-diabetic by eating vegan and avoiding fat since age 10. I can now keep my HbA1c with low carb/high fat at about 5%. If I go to India, even without eating rice and chapatis, just pulses, after only 6 weeks I come back with a HbA1c of 6.2 (from which one off measurement I've got a T2D diagnosis).

You are totally free to disbelieve me. I'm just saying by testing blood-glucose the way described you would know first-hand (not from authority Linus Pauling advised always to listen to, but disbelieve) what kind of food does what to you. Again, you are free to ignore the red flags of fasting glucose, trigs, and as you now admitted diabetic HbA1c. It's your life.

On the other hand, you could so easily prove me wrong with simple blood-glucose monitoring :wink: (since you're more concerned with your believe in authorities being right, and not were your health is heading).

But as always, do as you like.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:41 pm

My glucose was 80 last August while eating the whole food way and AIC was 5.7. They've known for a 100 years that sugar does not cause type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance does. That's cause by to much fat in the blood. Anyway buy the book the Blue zones, where people live on primarily whole food diets they have the lowest rates of heart disease, cancer and diabetes . It makes sense since every plant basically has vitamin C in them. During WWII when certain countries had livestock taken away by Nazis their heart disease plumetted. ....just saying it's all realated

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by pamojja » Sun May 21, 2017 4:51 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:While on starch diet my A1C dropped from 6.1 to 5.7

Incidentally +/- 0.4% was the average variation of each HbA1c I tested on the same diet, you are too much disturbed by everyday fluctuations, but don't see the elephant in the room due to ideology.

Your arguing for your authorities, sorry I'm not interested in that. I became diabetic by being vegan most my life, period. You are pre-diabetic with what-ever you've done. And you're on your own now, since I'm not here to argue theories, but working methods. Bye.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:59 pm

First I was pre-diabetic before I was vegan, being a vegan helped and it helps everyone, if you cut out animal products and white flours

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by pamojja » Mon May 22, 2017 4:58 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:First I was pre-diabetic before I was vegan, being a vegan helped and it helps everyone, if you cut out animal products and white flours

Unbelievable. I tell you, eat whatever you want, but go sure to test your postprandials to be enabled to single out those foods offending.

You tell me, eat what I ate and made me diabetic without any further testing - because 'it helps everyone'. Unbelievable.

Contrary to me, you are still prediabetic with an HbA1c of 5.7, which usually correlates to a mean blood glucose of 126 mg/dl. Unless you prove otherwise with simple repeated testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qav1a9t859mdba/A1c_vs_average_BG.jpg?dl=0

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:15 am

My glucose last August 2016 was 80 while on starch solution, now that I started eating animals it's gone up.I'm also 57years old , been hovering around 5.7 sometimes a little higher sometimes a little lower for last 7 years

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:20 am

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by pamojja » Mon May 22, 2017 5:25 am

Pragmatism meets dogmatism. :lol:

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”