76-year-old Male, after initial PT success - just had heart attack

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

76-year-old Male, after initial PT success - just had heart attack

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 23, 2017 8:19 am

I admit to being a "slacker"...I was on the Pauling Therapy some time ago but when the pain went away and I could actually walk 22 blocks without a problem I figured I was cured....wrong guess!

05/23/2017

Hi Owen,

It's been a while. This is an update!

I lived in the US as a Permanent Resident until October 2015 when I returned to Australia. I was doing the Pauling Therapy as I indicated to you in earlier emails but after an initial elimination of Angina pain it returned and gradually got worse. All the time I kept up the Pauling Therapy.

I sought diagnostic medical advice and an Angiogram confirmed major arterial blockages - 97%,50% and 50%.

Obviously the therapy was not working in the 97% blocked major artery. I noted in your book (or on the forum,I forget which) that the therapy does not work in almost completely blocked arteries so no surprise.

I resisted conventional medication (statins etc) but to no avail.

As part of the monitoring process for the disease I agreed to a "chemical" stress test. I misunderstood what it was - a treadmill stress test.

Two minutes into the test I had a major heart attack which put me into hospital on March1,2017.

When I was stabilized I was informed that I needed a quadruple bypass. It was either that or die. I opted for the bypass - which took place on Mar 9th.

I want to continue Pauling Therapy and I tried searching the forum for info. on PT after a heart attack but I'm not very good at it.

Could you please point me to the relevant section in the forum (if there is one!)

Thank you in advance
Best Regards

I'll copy some of your earlier messages below for context. I would like to know how consistently you have take vitamin C and lysine over the years, as it won't help you or what happened to you, but the information may help others. The reason I wrote the book (Now Vitamin C Cures: Heart Disease) was because of case after case like yours... Feeling better, stopping vitamin C, and six months later, having another heart attack.

Although in your case, it sounds like the medical procedures induced your heart attack.

And I see that you are on statins - what other medications.

So before we analyze, what has your vitamin C and lysine intake been since 2015.

8/24/2015

Dear Mr Fonorow,

I'm a 74 yr old male caucasian.

I'm controlling T2 Diabetes with diet and exercise. I am successful at maintaining fasting BG at 83 mg/dl and under 100 mg/dl after meals.

I just began using the Dr Pauling's protocol for heart disease because I have angina. It works for me, and very quickly - no pain after 3 days on the protocol - bowel tolerance levels of Vit C.- 10gms/day, 6gms Lysine, 1gm Proline.

On the morning of 8/25/2015 my FG read 93 gm/dl after 3 days using the Pauling Therapy.

I carried out your recommended "experiment" on the meter to check if it read Vit C as glucose. (1gm Ascorbic Acid dissolved in 1 quart water).
The reading was 173 gm/dl.

Q. Can I conclude that my meter is reading my blood glucose at 11% higher because of the Ascorbic acid and if so use that fact to interpret
my actual glucose response to be 83 gm/dl.
If that is the case can I reduce all my readings by 11% on the TRUEtest meter to monitor my glucose levels?

I could not find any recent references to this issue in the forum.

Hello Again Dr Fonorow

Here are links to the meter and test strips that I use....IMO it is an "El Cheapo" meter that I purchased from Amazon about 2 years ago. I bought the meter because the test strips are the cheapest that I could find - about $20 incl. postage for 100 strips. I use a lot of them.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=true+test+meter

http://www.amazon.com/Truetest-Test-Str ... A4EA8I58CV

Even though it is a cheap meter I have had accurate results from Day 1-tested against my other, older meter.

I have not always had a FG of 83 mg/dl nor the relative consistency that I now enjoy.
My good results are achieved by diet and 600mg/day of Alpha Lipoic Acid to guard against neuropathy.

I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes in 2006. I did not exercise good control and I began to deteriorate.
I got serious and read many,many diabetes books and papers.

I finally found "Dr Richard Bernstein's Diabetes Solution - The complete guide to achieving normal blood sugars" ( Amazon). I adhere strictly to his protocols. Being human there has been some "slippage"; the excursions being in the order of 126mg/dl.

I have customized my diet - each person aught to do the same - just read the book - it is a big,detailed read!

Dr Bernstein practices in NYC. He has a couple of websites and a monthly webcast. It goes for an hour and is free. For me, his info. is invaluable.

http://www.askdrbernstein.com/

http://www.diabetes-book.com/

I don't think that I could take 10 gms Vit C at one time without getting Diahorrea -

My current regimen is 2gms at 7am, 3gms at 11.00am, 2gms at 3pm and 7pm and 1gm at pm - total 10gms.
This schedule varies with changes in bowel tolerance.

I could probably do the 40 pricks in 40 minutes.

I noticed tonight's reading was 86 mg/dl - 2hours after the 3pm Vit C.

Yes, I get a reliable reading every day and there is some little variance - between 1-3 mg/dl.

I did not think my simple question would generate so much interest!
t
My diet almost never changes so for the moment I'll go with the supposition that my meter is reading 11% higher because of the Vit C.

In any case my priority is to clear my arteries! I use the method from your book "Practicing Medicine without a license"

BTW one week ago at work I had to take 4 Nitrostat tabs for angina...not all at once of course!
Since I'm back on the Vit C etc...no pain.

I admit to being a "slacker"...I was on the Pauling Therapy some time ago but when the pain went away and I could actually walk 22 blocks without a problem I figured I was cured....wrong guess!

Best Regards
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”