Bloating presses on the heart

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Bloating presses on the heart

Post Number:#1  Post by Frodo » Mon May 29, 2017 7:29 am

Since two weeks I've great problems with bloating. It presses on the heart and makes me crazy. I don't know what's the root cause. My doctors and I are searching (And always the first control: Was that a heart attack?). It can not be the diet (since 5 years on Paleo). Is it possible, that the high vitamin c intake is the reason, although I haven't reached the bowel tolerance?
(I take 10-25 grams ascorbic acid)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Bloating presses on the heart

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 29, 2017 11:37 am

Vitamin C intake can create gas/bloating, and authors suggest adding an anti-gas charcoal supplement to "suck up" the methane and other gas.

Try the lower 500 mg amount every 3 to 4 hours. (How are you taking your vitamin C now?)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by Frodo » Mon May 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Thank for your answer, Owen. It's really a problem. Heart pain isn't a good feeling. I take vitamin C powder. 3 to 4 times 5 to 7 grams. And sometimes Lipo C additional.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:34 am

7000 mg versus 500 mg.. I think this is your problem.

You can reach a steady state taking 500 mg, or perhaps even as high as 1 gram (1000 mg) every 3 to 4 waking hours. In other words, keep your blood levels at maximum, given the 30-minute half-life.

If you tried this, lower dose more frequently, it would be interesting to know whether that resolves the bloating problem. (The reasoning behind this dosing can be found in the discussion of Dynamic Flow theory in the book ASCORBATE: The Science of Vitamin C by Hickey/Roberts.)

If your tissues still need more vitamin C, you could find this out using the urine test strips . No vitamin C spilling into the urine means the tissues are presently soaking it all up from the blood.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by Frodo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:01 am

Thank you for the answer, Owen. I'll try the lower dose more frequently. But I have to take at least 10.000 mg, decreasing my Lp(a) furthermore. Therefore I'll try 5-7 times 1500-2000 mg, every 2 to 3 hours. And I'll see, to buy the test strips. I've only read Hickeys book "Vitamin C - The Real Story". "Ascorbate" will follow.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”