I never get Bowel intolerance, is that a issue

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

I never get Bowel intolerance, is that a issue

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:50 am

Maybe why I don't see any results yet.
I take a scoop of cardio C twice a day and 1 gram of China free Vitamin C several times a day. The China free says 1 gram is 4000 mg so I take around 17000 to 19000 per day.... just wondering if i don't get that rumble in stomach am i not taking enough?

Thanks
Ken

My Angina seems to be getting worse as opposed to better :(

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: I never get Bowel intolerance, is that a issue

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:16 am

Wow I reached bowel tolerance at 14000 and that was with just pure ascorbic acid from the health food store and 6000 Lysine.i took that for about 1 month to see if it was going to work..it got rid of the angina in about 4 days. I currently use heart tech from tower labs. I also had superior mesenteric artery narrowing at almost 50%..do you have blockages what is the extent of your narrowing..

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:25 am

How long have you been diagnosed with CVD. my angina has been getting worse. ..been on Pauling therapy for 12 weeks.... no sign of improvement yet unfortunately.

Ken

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by Frodo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 am

Hello Ken an Joanna
I have also artery narrowing at 50% and 4 drugs eluting stents after mci. I have no angina, but a strong anxiety disorder (need help!). And I'm on PT since 3 months. I take 10 - 20 grams C and do not reach bowel intolerance, only a liitle bit floating/gas. I think my intolerance begins at 50 grams. My lp(a) is elevated. But on PT it dropped down from 110 to 47.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:34 am

Wow that's great that your Lpa dropped so much

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Guitar player
They did not find any narrowing in the arteries of my heart and the stress echo was normal. But still had angina pain when excercising. Or doing strenuous excercising. But that all went away on the PT. Anxiety is going to cause you pains that feel just like angina so stressing out about this artery narrowing only makes it worse..my LPa is now 12 would like it to be even lower ..now my superior mesenteric artery and the mesenteric celiac artery which supplies blood to the stomach was almost 50% blocked.so lost weight as had severe pain after eating..now that is all gone and life is much better..but like you I tend to have anxiety over this. And all the negative press about Vitamin c and my friends and doctors not believing that Victamin c is responsible for my good health..
Johnwen said I should add niacin 500mg and k2 which I'm now doing

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:Maybe why I don't see any results yet.
I take a scoop of cardio C twice a day and 1 gram of China free Vitamin C several times a day. The China free says 1 gram is 4000 mg so I take around 17000 to 19000 per day.... just wondering if i don't get that rumble in stomach am i not taking enough?

Thanks
Ken

When you say "I take 1 gram" I believe you meant that "I take 1 teaspoon" of the vitamin C powder.

Not seeing any normal bowel tolerance issues at that dosage is a strong indicator that your body is absorbing - and using - all the ascorbate you are giving it, implying that it could use more. This is the major point of the Cathcart BOWEL TOLERANCE paper/finding. Over the years, I think we have learned from case reports, that after the underlying issues are corrected, or stress is reduced, Bowel Tolerance goes down to more normal levels.

Since there is no known toxicity or other harm from taking large dosages of vitamin C, it makes sense to increase. (If you haven't read Cathcart's paper, or even if you have you should read it again.: https://vitamincfoundation.org/www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

Sorry for having to re-ask questions, but are you diabetic?

One reason for such high Bowel Tolerance could be dental toxicity.

And there is another measure of need that may help you decide on a more correct dosage of vitamin C - the Jaffee Cleanse/Calibration. Search forum for "perque" to find the link directly to the protocol, but from memory, you find the largest one-time dose you can take.. In my case, I can take at least 9000 mg at one time without any issue. During the calibration, you begin taking this dosage every 15 minutes, until the watery discharge, usually around the 2 hour point. The amount of vitamin C taken is the calibrated amount. In your case this will be some very large number, lets say 100 grams to make the math easy. The recommended amount is around 75%, so this procedure (with these numbers) would indicate a daily need for 75 grams of vitamin C. (And added benefit from this procedure is a colon cleanse. Dr. Levy once told me that he does this once per week.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:20 am

Frodo wrote:Hello Ken an Joanna
I have also artery narrowing at 50% and 4 drugs eluting stents after mci. I have no angina, but a strong anxiety disorder (need help!). And I'm on PT since 3 months. I take 10 - 20 grams C and do not reach bowel intolerance, only a liitle bit floating/gas. I think my intolerance begins at 50 grams. My lp(a) is elevated. But on PT it dropped down from 110 to 47.

I had great bouts of anxiety after my CABG. I narrowed the cause to be the beta blockers, carvedilol & variants. It is a rare effect & my Dr thinks me nuts, lol. I started Moringa and never looked back.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by Frodo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 am

skwoodwiva wrote:
Frodo wrote:Hello Ken an Joanna

I had great bouts of anxiety after my CABG. I narrowed the cause to be the beta blockers, carvedilol & variants. It is a rare effect & my Dr thinks me nuts, lol. I started Moringa and never looked back.

I think you've found a way, that is good for you. But I don't take beta blockers or other medications. Only baby aspirin, every second day - I'm going to cut it, too. I threw away all the blockbusters from BigPharma. My mci is now one year ago. I think my anxiety is caused by a traumatic effect. Because I broke down running a race.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:28 am

ofonorow wrote:

Thanks
Ken

When you say "I take 1 gram" I believe you meant that "I take 1 teaspoon" of the vitamin C powder.

Not seeing any normal bowel tolerance issues at that dosage is a strong indicator that your body is absorbing - and using - all the ascorbate you are giving it, implying that it could use more. This is the major point of the Cathcart BOWEL TOLERANCE paper/finding. Over the years, I think we have learned from case reports, that after the underlying issues are corrected, or stress is reduced, Bowel Tolerance goes down to more normal levels.

Since there is no known toxicity or other harm from taking large dosages of vitamin C, it makes sense to increase. (If you haven't read Cathcart's paper, or even if you have you should read it again.: https://vitamincfoundation.org/www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

And there is another measure of need that may help you decide on a more correct dosage of vitamin C - the Jaffee Cleanse/Calibration. Search forum for "perque" to find the link directly to the protocol, but from memory, you find the largest one-time dose you can take.. In my case, I can take at least 9000 mg at one time without any issue. During the calibration, you begin taking this dosage every 15 minutes, until the watery discharge, usually around the 2 hour point. The amount of vitamin C taken is the calibrated amount. In your case this will be some very large number, lets say 100 grams to make the math easy. The recommended amount is around 75%, so this procedure (with these numbers) would indicate a daily need for 75 grams of vitamin C. (And added benefit from this procedure is a colon cleanse. Dr. Levy once told me that he does this once per week.)

Hi yes I meant 1 teaspoon not 1 gram...I will try what you recommended, but I'm definitely not removing my fillings and root canals...Dr. Rath never mentions that in any of his books does he? Wonder if I need like 25000mg perday

Lunes Payling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by Lunes Payling » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:41 am

I don't know how many dentists with this knowledge Rath interacts with. Dr. Levy was a board-certified cardiologist minding his own business knowing little to nothing about vitamin C. As Levy relates in his books, especially UNIFORMED CONSENT co-authored with Hal Huggins, DDS, Levy himself started having symptoms of heart disease, e.g. elevated BP and cholesterol. His dentist, Huggins, told him that he could correct these issues with dental "revisions." I am quite sure that Huggins used intravenous vitamin C for detox as the mercury was removed.

Apparently the dental "revisions" (removal of at least mercury fillings, perhaps root canals) worked and his cholesterol declined. Levy sent his patients to Huggins, and the same thing happened to them. Levy is a serious man with a healthy scientific curiosity. He wanted to know why, and parked himself at a medical library. There Levy discovered that there is a wealth of science showing that cholesterol is one of the main detoxification systems in the body. As the toxic load increases - in animals and man - the cholesterol level increases, and visa versa.

I think it is fair to say that Levy's idea on dental toxicity are based on the thoughts and research of his friend and dentist the late Hal Huggins. Levy went on to write the book "THE TOXIC TOOTH"
https://www.medfoxpub.com/medicalnews/product/S-TOX/
based on the finding that EVERY root canal that has ever been removed and sent to a lab contains the most highly toxic substances known. This is the basis for Levy's idea that if you have a "stream" of dental toxicity, using the vitamin C "hair dryer" isn't going to do much to stem the tide.

My counter would be that a) most people probably have amalgam fillings and b) some or most probably have root canals, and yet almost everyone who has adopted the Pauling therapy has relieved their major symptoms of heart disease in ten days, and started painting their homes in 30 days (present company excepted.) So I think the high dosages that Linus Pauling recommended can overcome the dental toxicity, but obviously the vitamin C has to be maintained at a high level.

We used to have forum member David who told us that he took 100,000 to 150,000 mg of vitamin C daily. Said he felt fine, but he did have a mouth full of mercury (and possible root canals.)

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:47 am

Well then I'm screwed because I don't have the money nor the patientsame to have even filling removed. I have fillings in every molar and have 2 root canals. I guess that's why I'm also enrolling in the Dean Ornish heart disease reversal program starting July 6th. My teeth would probably fall apart if you tried to replace all my fillings. Is talked about in the book practicing medicine without a license?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:05 am

Joanna45 wrote:Wow I reached bowel tolerance at 14000 and that was with just pure ascorbic acid from the health food store and 6000 Lysine.i took that for about 1 month to see if it was going to work..it got rid of the angina in about 4 days. I currently use heart tech from tower labs. I also had superior mesenteric artery narrowing at almost 50%..do you have blockages what is the extent of your narrowing..

How can Vitamin C make Angina go away in 4 days? You have Angina because your arteries are narrowed with Calcium, your telling me in 4 days your arteries healed and got wider?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 am

ofonorow wrote:

Thanks
Ken

Thanks for the link, Wish he had mentioned CVD :)

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”