How does Pauling's therapy work so quickly?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: How does Pauling's therapy work so quickly?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:53 am

Actually a good question - I wrote a book about it :D (Which is now available on kindle).

The effect was first reported by Linus Pauling (on video and in published case reports) after Linus was asked by a fellow scientist with heart disease (with intractable angina pain), and who was already taking 5 grams of vitamin C daily, "What else do you recommend?" Pauling told him "Try adding lysine" and the result, as they say, is history. Full story: http://vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11598

LESSON #1: While Vitamin C May Keep You Alive with Heart Disease - By Itself, Vitamin C Won't Relieve Angina (Chest) Pain.

So the answer to your question is that there is "something" about adding "enough" of the amino acid lysine to high dose vitamin C that relieves intractable chest pain, from reports, within 2 weeks.

I don't pretend to know why pain rapidly subsides, BECAUSE NO ONE I KNOW IS STUDYING THIS (with the possible exception of Matthias Rath's team).

What do we know?

#1 - Lysine was recommended by Pauling because the Lp(a) molecule which initiates atherosclerotic plaques does so using a "lysine binding site" on the Lp(a) molecule. Pauling's invention to "deactivate" Lp(a) - so called "Lp(a) Binding Inhibitors" - was to add lysine to the blood stream to react with Lp(a) before the molecule could stick to the arterial wall.

So a theory (guess) is that over the course of 10 days, enough of the atheroclerotic plaque is dissolved from the "clogged" arterial wall by the addition of the solvent lysine, that more blood begins to flow - making the blood starved heart happier.

Other ideas have to do with the increased production of collagen.. as lysine, proline (and glycine I think) are the basic components of collagen.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”