Bummed out, Angina still getting worse

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Bummed out, Angina still getting worse

Post Number:#46  Post by Joanna45 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 am

I have lots of fillings and the Pauling therapy worked for me but I had no blockages that were complete and mine were 50% superior mesenteric artery and mesenteric celiac artery that were narrowed..

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#47  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:37 am

I don't have any complete blockages either, but had a 90% back in 2009 when I had stent. I guess I'll give it 12 months to see if I get some plaque reversal.
Thx
Ken

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#48  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:47 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:I don't have any complete blockages either, but had a 90% back in 2009 when I had stent. I guess I'll give it 12 months to see if I get some plaque reversal.
Thx
Ken
I've been reading through your posts and I see you've never reached bowel tolerance. I think that is a key point. Just because you're taking 20 grams doesn't mean you're getting all you need. You may have other issues that are gobbling up the C you're taking. I think you should make an effort to find your bowel tolerance level. You may need a lot more C and this could be what's holding back your progress. Just my two cents, trying to help.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#49  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 am

Thank you I appreciate that, but should we feel stomach upset every time or just find how much it takes then take a little less. For instance I took my normal cardio-C this morning on empty stomach. Then ate breakfast around 2 hours later and my stomach was upset. Most of the time though I don't have stomach upset. Maybe I need 25 grans
Thanks for your help

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#50  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm new here, just learning, so I'm not the guy to ask. But I know there is a bowel tolerance thread that has lots of info. I know 20g sounds like a lot but if you're not having diarrhea it's going somewhere. When I caught the flu I was taking 70-80g a day with no diarrhea. Hopefully someone will weigh in on bowel tolerance.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#51  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Wow ty

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#52  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:02 pm

confused1 wrote:I'm new here, just learning, so I'm not the guy to ask. But I know there is a bowel tolerance thread that has lots of info. I know 20g sounds like a lot but if you're not having diarrhea it's going somewhere. When I caught the flu I was taking 70-80g a day with no diarrhea. Hopefully someone will weigh in on bowel tolerance.

Can you provide link

thx
Ken

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#53  Post by francisunderwood » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 pm

confused1 wrote:I'm new here, just learning, so I'm not the guy to ask. But I know there is a bowel tolerance thread that has lots of info. I know 20g sounds like a lot but if you're not having diarrhea it's going somewhere. When I caught the flu I was taking 70-80g a day with no diarrhea. Hopefully someone will weigh in on bowel tolerance.

How much if any did the extra c help your symptoms and recovery time?

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#54  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm

francisunderwood wrote:

How much if any did the extra c help your symptoms and recovery time?
It kept me from even really getting sick. It keeps it in the background if you jump on it right away. You know you're sick but it doesn't bother you, just fatigue. If you let up on the C at all bam! You're sick. Within 3 days I was fine. My 21 year old son who thinks I'm crazy for taking so much C, spent two days laying on the couch moaning and missed work. The rest of my younger kids loaded up on C and were running around playing within half a day.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#55  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:38 pm

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#56  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm no scientist but I am formulating some theories. Cathcart lists amounts for various maladies, but those have to be averages. Some of those people may have had other, underlying problems. He doesn't say if you have two or three conditions if he stacks them together to come up with a higher amount. Just me, but if I had a heart condition, I would shoot for bowel tolerance every day. Do we know how the body allocates C? Is there a hierarchy? Would arterial repair take precedence over immune function or vice versa? If you need 10 grams for your arteries and then you catch the flu and your immune system demands 100 grams, who wins? Since our bodies have developed another method of repairing arteries, albeit a poor one, does it deprioritize this? We don't have a system capable of maintaining a dynamic flow like most mammals. The very fact that we die of heart attacks makes me think the body places a lower priority on this. After all, you can go for decades with narrowing arteries, but an infection can wipe you out in days. Just thinking out loud. Hopefully Owen or someone more knowledgeable weighs in.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#57  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:32 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:Just facts, where are all these people that have had reversal
I believe Owen moved all the success stories due to pressure from the FDA. They're on a different website.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#58  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 pm

zarfas wrote:sour grapes
Sour grapes!?! The man is fighting for his life. I think we can cut him some slack. Surely it's not your goal to drive away people like him that need help?

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#59  Post by confused1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#60  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:21 pm

confused1 wrote:
zarfas wrote:sour grapes
Sour grapes!?! The man is fighting for his life. I think we can cut him some slack. Surely it's not your goal to drive away people like him that need help?

Thank you !!!!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”