Does sodium ascorbate work with lysine to clear arteries as well as ascorbic acid?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Does sodium ascorbate work with lysine to clear arteries as well as ascorbic acid?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks Owen.

Can you tell me does sodium ascorbate work with lysine to clear arteries as well as ascorbic acid?

Best regards,

S

Great question, unfortunately no studies and all we have to go on is the weight of the anecdotal evidence, which has mostly been with ascorbic acid. So the answer is we don't know and recommend as much ascorbic acid as you can tolerate, then using sodium ascorbate for the rest of the dosage.

There is a difference between how ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate enter the blood stream. Ascorbic acid is fast and almost immediate, and would be in the blood stream before the vitamin has a chance to break down.

Sodium ascorbate, while easier on the lower throat, is released into the blood stream more slowly, so there is time for the vitamin to break down before it reaches the blood stream. I think higher dosages of sodium ascorbate should compensate.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does sodium ascorbate work with lysine to clear arteries as well as ascorbic acid?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 am

Thanks for your reply Owen,

The reason I prefer sodium ascorbate is that for some reason ascorbic acid gives me this heavy feeling in my head and mild stiffness and with sodium ascorbate I feel fine. Maybe I have problem with ascorbic acid being too acidic

Best regards,

S

Or maybe, ascorbic acid is causing a detox reaction because more vitamin C is getting into your system quickly.

If it were me, I'd reduce AA now, and work up ascorbic acid until these reactions go away.

You can always add baking soda to ascorbic acid in water - to increase the pH (reduce the acidity)

You might enjoy Sherry Roger's books on detoxing.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”