World Renowned Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

World Renowned Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:26 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: World Renowned Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease

Post Number:#2  Post by Frodo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 am

ofonorow wrote:http://healthyantidote.com/2017/11/02/world-renowned-heart-surgeon-speaks-out-on-what-really-causes-heart-disease/

Owen,
what's the name of the doctor? I don't know him. And... Heart disease is caused by our diet (especially highly processed carbos and omega-6 vegetable oils)...??? Of course, it isn't good to eat so, but I think it isn't the real cause. We know from Matthias Rath that atherosclerosis and heart disease is caused by a lack of vitamin c and other nutrients.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:43 am

Ever get one of those Nasty Cold Sores??
HMMM ! Could this be a problem??

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4853930/

What can make that Nasty thing on your LIP, GO AWAY FASTER???

Of course a good dose of L-Lysine! :)

Pauling Therapy makes heart disease go away, Right!!
It has, what as one of the main ingredient’s??? L-Lysine!!!
See the connection here??? :shock:
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by Frodo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Hmmmh. May be there is a connection. But the c a u s e of atherosclerosis and heart disease are never viruses, bacteria, toxins or carbos. Nor cholesterol, oxid. cholesterol or saturated fat

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by francisunderwood » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Johnwen, I was getting a cold sore every 2 to 3 months after none for nearly 10 years. I tried several prescriptions and finally found out about lysine. I started taking it when I felt I was getting a cold sore and it helped symptoms and healed faster. I wanted to start taking it daily but let silly articles scare me away. I found this site while doing more lysine searches and since taking 3 grams per day have been able to keep them away. Is there anything else besides the 6 grams of vitamin c I should take to keep them away and reduce my risk of he disease?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:29 pm

By following Paulings rec’s on taking his therapy method it figures out for your intake of 6 grams of V-C.

VC = 6000mg.
L-Lysine = 5400mg. (90% of V-C amount)
L-Proline = 600mg. (10% of V-C amount)

These are the basic ingredients he has recommended. Most of the marketed commercial products based on his theory have additional ingredients such as sweeteners and other vitamins which are sold as a powder to be mixed in water to be drank as a liquid.

On the L-lysine our experience has shown us that a Max. intake a day should be limited to about 6Grams a day. The reason being is that over this amount stomach related problems start to occur. This is not always the case, some people can take higher amounts but the 6Gram has proven out to give zero side effects. Now this is for the powder form taken with water mix.

Well on the powder form, most of the L-Lysine powders sold are lysine hydrochloride, now this is not a bad thing but does reduce the amount of Lysine to about 80% of the total weight. So to get 5400 mg. you would have to take 6800mg. Of this powder. Which gives you 5440mg. Close enough!
The hydrochloride part is expelled by the kidney’s and has a slight diuretic effect.

On pills and capsules they contain a lot of fillers that could cause these types of problems at even lower doses.
Example; I once bought some L-Lysine pills at a big box store and the pills were 500mg. L-Lysine. However the pill itself weighted 1200mg. And started giving me problems after taking just 3 of them a day.
So using your need of 5400mg. (Say 5500mg) you would have to take 11 pills. That would give a total pill weight 13.2grams
13200-5500= 7700mg. Of fillers that would definitely cause some problems.

So there it is, remember this based on a daily consumption amount taken in smaller amounts throughout the day to equal your total daily requirements.

Remember also what Pauling said;
“don’t miss not even a single day!”

Hope this helps!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Thank you Johnwen, you brought up something as important as dosing to me. I will get lysine powder to cut down on fillers for every day use.

I also need to go back and read part of Owens chapter on the pauling therapy and maybe even read the Pauling book! I was thinking you could take less lysine if it were preventative.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”