Recent MI, starting PT with questions

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Recent MI, starting PT with questions

Post Number:#16  Post by pamojja » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 am

skwoodwiva wrote:So you take all your IR niacin at one time per day?
How much?
Hmmm, I spread my 7 gr out with my AA doses. Yet I did have this recent liver rebellion & pain. I went off it for a week. Now I am good(liver stats too) but a single dose per day may reduce the risk of this strange reaction....

The important part is to start low dose and go slow for avoiding a too unpleasant flush. Since it really is important to like to take your supplements in the long run. Within time your at the required dose. Mostly I took upto 3.5 g niacin per daily dose. Because the flush with slowly titrating becomes very soon unnoticeable, I started to miss the warmth and tingling, therefore at one point even took up to 7 g every second day to get it back (because I read every other day would work just as well with half that dose - though didn't make a difference in my case).

However, at the beginning I too had a very unpleasant flush with 150 mg only. That is 9 years ago. But again, don't use sustained release at higher doses at all, to not harm your liver.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Recent MI, starting PT with questions

Post Number:#17  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:55 am

I have stopped spiking my IR with 1-2 gr Niaspan 3 months ago.

9 months continuous when my drama came like a gallbladder stone.
I could be a limited group cannot do continuous niacin. I still have not found the blog that got me started ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13618&p=50802#p50802 ).

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”