need advice

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

krd046

need advice

Post Number:#1  Post by krd046 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:30 am

Sent: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:26 am
Recipient: ofonorow

I have wrote you a few times without a responce. If you cant help me let me know please. I have paste my recent lab results. Im on vit c and lysine about 7 grams each day. i had stents on left side back 6 yrs ago and told im clogged up on right side 2 yrs ago. im off meds but still take blood psi meds. im 56 yr old male. vaping trying to quit smoking. im 5'8" 245lb. please any type of direction would help. thank you Kevin. heres test info from 11-28-17 right side numbers are mine and left is average per there scale.
LDL-C is now calculated using the Martin-Hopkins
calculation, which is a validated novel method providing
better accuracy than the Friedewald equation in the
estimation of LDL-C. Martin SS et al. JAMA. 2013;310(19):
2061-2068 (http://education.QuestDiagnostics.com/faq/FAQ164)
Total HDL-C Direct 31 mg/dL >40 mg/dL
Sum Total Cholesterol 230 mg/dL <200 mg/dL
REAL-LDL Size Pattern B Pattern A Pattern
Risk: Optimal Pattern A; High Pattern B
Triglycerides 573 mg/dL <150 mg/dL
Total Non-HDL-Chol (LDL+VLDL) 199 mg/dL (calc) <130 mg/dL (calc)
For patients with diabetes plus 1 major ASCVD risk factor,
treating to a non-HDL-C goal of <100 mg/dL (LDL-C of <70
mg/dL) is considered a therapeutic option.
Chol/HDL Ratio 7.4 calc <5.0 calc
LDL Particles, Total 1902 nmol/L 1016 - 2185 nmol/L
Risk: Optimal <1260; Moderate 1260-1538; High >1538
LDL Particle Size 207.4 Angstrom > OR = 218.2 Angstrom
Risk: Optimal >222.5; Moderate 222.5-218.2; High <218.2

Adult cardiovascular event risk category cut points
(optimal, moderate, high) are based on adult U.S. reference
population. Association between lipoprotein subfractions and
cardiovascular events is based on Musunuru et al. ATVB.
2009;29:1975.

This test was developed and its analytical performance
characteristics have been determined by Quest Diagnostics
Nichols Institute San Juan Capistrano. It has not been
cleared or approved by FDA. This assay has been validated
pursuant to the CLIA regulations and is used for clinical
purposes.
hdl 2b Large 5778 nmol/L 4334 - 10815 nmol/L
Risk: Optimal >9386; Moderate 9386-6996; High <6996
LDL III Small 509 nmol/L 123 - 441 nmol/L
Risk: Optimal <162; Moderate 162-217; High >217
LDL Medium 257 nmol/L 167 - 465 nmol/L
Risk: Optimal <201; Moderate 201-271; High >271
Apolipoprotein B 125 mg/dL 52 - 109 mg/dL
Risk: Optimal < 80 mg/dL; Moderate 80-119 mg/dL; High > or =
120 mg/dL Cardiovascular event risk category cut points
(optimal, moderate, high) are based on National Lipid
Association recommendations - Davidson et al. J Clin
Lipidol. 2011;5:338
Lipoprotein(a) <10 nmol/L <75 nmol/L
Risk: Optimal < 75 nmol/L; Moderate 75-125 nmol/L; High >
125 nmol/L Cardiovascular event risk category cut points
(optimal, moderate, high) are based on Marcovina et al. Clin
Chem. 2003;49:1785 and Nordestgaard et al. European Heart J.
2010;31:2844 (results of meta-analysis and expert panel
recommendations).
Test performed at QUEST DIAGNOSTICS/NICHOLS SJC
33608 ORTEGA HWY
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA 92675-2042
JON NAKAMOTO, MD PHD

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: need advice

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:57 am

You need to be taking way more vitamin C than the 7 grams you are taking now take it to bowel tolerance ..when I first was on LP I was taking 14 grams a day , 6 grams of Lysine and 1 gram of proline..also have your Lipoprotein a tested ..and you have really high triglycerides ..I also would add niacin ..you don’t say what meds you are on ..and start eating healthy. And if you are not excercising star by doing a little walking each day.
Maybe Johnwen can help out here..
I see you did have your Lipoprotein a tested an it is in the normal range.
Last edited by Joanna45 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:32 am

Joanna45 wrote: ..and you have really high triglycerides ..I also would add niacin

For high trigs also at least 3 g/d of EPA/DHA (read the ingredients label carefully to know the particular EPA/DHA content). But with out going grain-free and reducing carbs (if necessary down to 15g per meal only) I don't believe these high trig number could be lowered substantially.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 am

If your total cholesterol is 230 mg/dl - that is about 50 points higher than it would be (180 mg/dl) if you were on optimal vitamin C. So i agree that you should consider increasing your daily vitamin C until the total cholesterol is closer to 180 mg/dl. (The reference to the cholesterol studies are contained in a discussion in Linus Pauling's book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, 1986)

I don't trust that Lab's Lp(a) number.

The high triglycerides indicate that you are a high-carb eater. The Late Dr. Atkins discovered that when people adopted a low-cab diet, their triglycerides dropped dramatically. Another problem with eating carbs is that they effectively break down any vitamin C you are taking at the same time, making the vitamin less bioavailable.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 pm

I punched your info into our computer and let it do the work!!

Calculation
The calculation of the body mass index is based on a height of 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) and a weight of 245 pounds (111.1 kilograms). BMI = 37

Your body mass index (BMI) is calculated as exactly 37.3 kilograms per square meter.

Health Aspects
Your weight is at a high level, it can contribute towards health problems. By classification of the WHO, you are "OBESE".

Your body fat mass seems to be rather high. It may have raised your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, or affected the way your body handles blood sugar. Your doctor could tell you whether you are at risk for heart disease, stroke, or diabetes, or not.

Weight stability
At this weight level, you are at risk of gaining more weight. If you manage to maintain your current weight, you have reached your first and most important goal. Next you may want to lose weight: Do this slowly but surely.

Weight Management
The best you can do is eat healthy food and increase your fitness. This will boost your health, whatever the case. If you reach your weight target, all the better.

With a weight loss of 20 pounds kilograms down to a target weight of 225 pounds kilograms, your health would benefit.

By the way, being fat without tobacco is better than being slim due to nicotine. The best advice for smokers is to postpone the weight loss and stop smoking first. To curb a weight gain, the following suggestions may be helpful.

Nutrition
Eat a variety of foods that you like, optimally including five servings of fruit and/or vegetables a day. Avoid eating too sweet, too fat and too much.

Physical Activity
Do physical exercise at least for half an hour daily at moderate to vigorous intensity. Walking or cycling may be better for your joints than jogging.

Important to know
This feedback can only be based on the inevitably limited extent of the data that you have entered here. This data has been evaluated by comparing it with the results of the most comprehensive study published so far on the BMI and its associated health risks.
The results and comments above can only give you an estimate that applies to all men at 56 years of age with a body mass index of 37, as a statistical group. They are non-personal. They should never replace medical advice

This is what I suspected! Well with the new year upon us it would be a good goal for the new year to shed about 20 to 25lbs.
Your tri’s kind of tell the whole story it looks like you love the sweet life!
Cutting down on regular sugars and looking for, like the report says Sweet fruits! Would help a lot! Water is a must and NO sodas!!!

On the V-C if your not having any major problems I wouldn’t change the dose till you loose about 50% of your target weight or about 10 to 15 lbs.
Not knowing what kind of work you do, exercise is a must!! Just don’t over do it let your body tell you when you did enough.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”