I read that Ascorbic Acid is not good for the body

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

I read that Ascorbic Acid is not good for the body

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:40 am

I have stopped buying "Cardio C Vitamin" and I would like it again.
But I want to know if the effect of vitamin C is good. From what I read, I noticed that Ascorbic acid of synthesis is not good for the body. I expect you tell me your opinion and I to make a decision.

We are interested in what you read. The entire vitaminCfoundation.org web site is devoted to providing truthful information about the health benefits of vitamin C. I am guessing that you have found the material on the supposed "natural" form of vitamin C. As far as we can tell, this is a hoax, sometimes by well intentioned people.

This is our "white paper" on the appealing idea of a Natural Vitamin C Complex.
https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm

And here is a video lecture by a vitamin C expert Suzanne Humphries on the same topic
https://youtu.be/QMULeO4sR3I

If there is some other concern, let us know.

And by the way, here is a record of people that have been helped by the Linus Pauling invention, i.e., the ingredients in Cardio-C.
https://vitaminccures.com/blog/index.php/heart-disease-testimonials/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: I read that Ascorbic Acid is not good for the body

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:50 am

Thank you!
It's very interesting what you sent me.
One last question: in short, is it possible kidney stones? I have found pros and cons.

Vitamin C causes kidney stones is largely a myth. Dr. Robert Cathcart, a physician who put thousands of patients on high dose vitamin C, reported not a single case of a kidney stone is his practice. Cathcart felt vitamin C was probably protective of kidney stones.

Linus Pauling addressed the issue in his book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER. Some kidney stones form in acidic pH urine, and about half form in alkaline urine. Stones don't form in pH neutral urine. If the early morning urine is alkaline, then ascorbic acid is probably the best way to prevent stone formation. If early morning urine is acidic, then the sodium ascorbate (alkaline) form of vitamin C would be best. If a person has a propensity for a certain type of stone, (as identified in Pauling's book), then they should take either ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate, depending on the type of stone they are prone to form.

There was a large Harvard study that looked into this issue, and vitamin C was not correlated with kidney stones. However, low levels (a deficiency) of vitamin B6 was correlated with kidney stone formation.

Over the years as we have discussed this topic, we gained the knowledge that magnesium can usually dissolve and prevent most kidney stones.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”