Well its been almost 13 months on the LP therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Well its been almost 13 months on the LP therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 am

And my CVD is getting worse not better unfortunately. My Angina comes on a lot easier now then it did 12 months ago, basically sometimes just taking the garbage out which is not strenuous at all and I feel some pressure in my jaw/face...That's my typical Angina feeling . And from the looks on this forum which is always so quiet I would say most people have the same result as I do.
Looks like I have to try whole food plant based diet again, its my last hope at having a someone what normal life :(
Ken

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Well its been almost 13 months on the LP therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:39 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:And my CVD is getting worse not better unfortunately. My Angina comes on a lot easier now then it did 12 months ago, basically sometimes just taking the garbage out which is not strenuous at all and I feel some pressure in my jaw/face...That's my typical Angina feeling . And from the looks on this forum which is always so quiet I would say most people have the same result as I do.
Looks like I have to try whole food plant based diet again, its my last hope at having a someone what normal life :(
Ken

I actually went through a bout of angina (mild in arms-a nitrostat confirmed it. I took ~ 5 that one week.) a few months back see My Journey.
It was due mostly to (anxiety induced-maybe) hyperventilation. The serrapeptase has helped me to breathe normally. Also NO produced by nose breathing, alone calms me 24/7

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:43 am

I heard that Serrapeptase is good for removing plaque but I'm getting diem on all these natural therapies, they don't seem to work

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:I heard that Serrapeptase is good for removing plaque but I'm getting diem on all these natural therapies, they don't seem to work

Try 1 then up to 2 million spu
Women take 1 mill for infertility with no side effects.
KAL brand is cheap, but you need to convert to spu

tjallen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by tjallen » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 pm

guitarplayer007, it's a shame that vitamin C, proline and lysine aren't working for you, but very few things work for everyone who tries them. I'd try skwoodwiva's suggestion of serrapeptase, as well as chondroitin sulfate, in addition to the vitamin C, proline and lysine. I found improvement with blood flow after adding these two things to Pauling's suggestions, so it might work for you.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks tjallan

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Read here what's the deeper problem why it isn't working for Ken: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13608&p=50662#p50662

He still believes Linus Pauling therapy is just high-dose vitamin C and l-lysine. Or a Dr. Rath version of that. He hasn't followed what Linus Pauling recommended just for maintaining good health in his '86 book:

How to Live Longer and Feel Better
  • Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 milligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family

I tried to explain repeatedly in the past. But till now he doesn't understands that vitamin C and lysine, or Rath's approach, isn't what others here understand as being part and parcel of PT.

He really is in such a tiresome situation that he can't understand.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:57 pm

pamojja wrote:Read here what's the deeper problem why it isn't working for Ken: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13608&p=50662#p50662

He still believes Linus Pauling therapy is just vitamin high-dose vitamin C and l-lysine. Or a Dr. Rath version of that. He hasn't followed what Linus Pauling recommended just for maintaining good health in his '86 book:

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 milligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.

I tried to explain repeatedly in the past. But till now he doesn't understands that vitamin C and lysine, or Rath's approach, isn't what others here understand as being part and parcel of PT.

You have no fucking clue, im.taking everything LP says to take in his book!!!!! Btw how many studies on humans did LP do? None!!!! How many did Rath do, at least 1 because they show is plaque gone after 12 month's, of course that patient had mine plaque. I have severe.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:15 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote: Btw how many studies on humans did LP do? None!!!!

As already said in that other thread, find something you could give all your attention to, in all its details. If you don't believe it could work from the beginning, you wont, and it can't work in that haphazard way.

I also have it very severe, with a 80% blockage at my abdominal aorta. And it took more than 5 years to reverse a 60% walking-disability from it.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:38 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:
pamojja wrote:Read here what's the deeper problem why it isn't working for Ken: http://www.vitaminc.foundation/forum/vi ... 662#p50662

He still believes Linus Pauling therapy is just vitamin high-dose vitamin C and l-lysine. Or a Dr. Rath version of that. He hasn't followed what Linus Pauling recommended just for maintaining good health in his '86 book:

You have no fucking clue, im.taking everything LP says to take in his book!!!!! Btw how many studies on humans did LP do? None!!!! How many did Rath do, at least 1 because they show is plaque gone after 12 month's, of course that patient had mine plaque. I have severe.

Ken,
Except for the crond... stuff I take much more than even pamo mentioned!
I was adding Ala & more right about the same time the angenia quit.
True I do report less need for supplements after the serrapeptase but that conjecture on my part not yet verified. I may need all this just not 3 times a day. CVD has made me waco careful.

From another forum heart life talk
http://www.heartlifetalk.com/forums/def ... post133973

Don't wade through all this

Here
What have you done for your mitochondria today?Restoring mitochondrial antioxidant defenses, supporting respiratory chain integrity, preserving mitochondria membrane function, and enhancing mitochondrial biogenesis. How? At a minimum...
R(+)-Alpha Lipoic Acid
NAC Sustained(N-Acetyl Cysteine)
CoQ10 (Ubiquinol)
PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone)
GliSODin
Magnesium
Carnitine
Resveratrol
I add also
Niacin
Fish oil 5 gr
Fermented Garlic
Lipo AA 3 gr min
logodonate My Profile My Inbox My Topics Logout Logged in as: skwoo ForumSearchHelp Search SearchHeart LifeTalk » ADVANCED TOPICS » Cell & Mitochondria Health » Back to the Future: Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) and Arterial Calcification Tag as favoriteNew TopicPost ReplyBack to the Future: Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) and Arterial CalcificationShareOptionsGo to last post Go to first unreadPrevious TopicNext Topicslimjohn #1 Posted : 13 days agoslimjohnRank: Advanced MemberMedals: Century Award: 100+ posts!Joined: 7/20/2012Posts: 2,477ManUnited StatesLocation: Southern Plains, USAThanks: 237 timesWas thanked: 1117 time(s) in 778 post(s) HLT has numerous articles on how to prevent vascular cell macrophages from becoming foam cells (dead macrophages), the primer, or foundation, of plaque formation and growth (do search here for 'macrophage efflux'). This is where the battle of atherosclerosis if fought. Arterial calcification is an artifact of continued atherosclerosis (i.e., foam cell, plaque generation). While arterial calcification is not the disease, per se, it can contribute to arterial blockages.What do we do to manage and control arterial calcification? Mostly, we take Vitamin D3/A and Vitamin K (Mk-4/Mk-7). These substances control the process of calcification. Ks are especially important since carboxylation of matrix GLA protein on artery surfaces minimizes formation of mineralization "deposition" of calcium compounds (the beginning of arterial calcification).What about the product -- the calcification material? Medical sciences informs us that this calcification consists primarily of calcium phosphate. What do we do to manage and control the chemistry of the calcification material, calcium phosphate? Of course, minimizing phosphate intake is important (note: phosphorus + oxygen = phosphate). In addition, we know that magnesium inhibits calcium phosphate. Niacin does also and so do statins. What else?Often overlooked, even forgotten, is Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), however, it is just as important as the other supplements we take to manage calcification.This is a topic post from four years ago (my, how time flies!). If you have atherosclerosis and concerned about arterial calcification, this post is worth a re-read -- back to the future!sj Is Atherosclerosis the Consequence of Mitochondria Dysfunction?You bet. The article abstract make it clear: "...the role of mitochondria goes beyond their capacity to create molecular fuel, to include the generation of reactive oxygen species, the regulation of calcium, and activation of cell death." See Figure 4 below. Mitochondria in Vascular Disease Cardiovascular Research, Euopean Society of Cardiology April 11, 2012 Authors: Emma Yu, John Mercer, and Martin Bennett Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Box 110, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK Abstract: Mitochondria are often regarded as the powerhouse of the cell by generating the ultimate energy transfer molecule, ATP, which is required for a multitude of cellular processes. However, the role of mitochondria goes beyond their capacity to create molecular fuel, to include the generation of reactive oxygen species, the regulation of calcium, and activation of cell death. Mitochondrial dysfunction is part of both normal and premature ageing, but can contribute to inflammation, cell senescence, and apoptosis. Cardiovascular disease, and in particular atherosclerosis, is characterized by DNA damage, inflammation, cell senescence, and apoptosis. Increasing evidence indicates that mitochondrial damage and dysfunction also occur in atherosclerosis and may contribute to the multiple pathological processes underlying the disease. This review summarizes the normal role of mitochondria, the causes and consequences of mitochondrial dysfunction, and the evidence for mitochondrial damage and dysfunction in vascular disease. Finally, we highlight areas of mitochondrial biology that may have therapeutic targets in vascular disease. "Recent work suggests that endurance exercise can confer a partial rescue of the pathology with reduced apoptosis in multiple tissues. Increased mitochondrial biogenesis, decreased mtDNA damage, and improved respiratory chain capacity were demonstrated. Similarly, calorie restriction has been shown to reduce mitochondria respiratory chain activity and ROS generation." Full article Is Vascular Calcification a Product of Mitochondria Dysfunction?You bet. While arterial calcification is somewhat complex mineral compound (calcium-phosphate) deposition involving phosphate and osteopontin levels, magnesium, Vitamin D3, Vitamin A, and Vitamin Ks (K1, Mk-7, Mk-4) and degree of carboxylation, recent research has shown that mitochondrial dysfunction may play a significant role in vascular calcification! J Cell Mol Med. 2012 Feb;16(2):273-86. doi: 10.1111/j.1582-4934.2011.01294.x. α-Lipoic acid attenuates vascular calcification via reversal of mitochondrial function and restoration of Gas6/Axl/Akt survival pathway. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21362131 Kim H, Kim HJ, Lee K, Kim JM, Kim HS, Kim JR, Ha CM, Choi YK, Lee SJ, Kim JY, Harris RA, Jeong D, Lee IK. Author information Department of Microbiology, Aging-associated Vascular Disease Research Center, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea. Abstract Vascular calcification is prevalent in patients with chronic kidney disease and leads to increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Although several reports have implicated mitochondrial dysfunction in cardiovascular disease and chronic kidney disease, little is known about the potential role of mitochondrial dysfunction in the process of vascular calcification. This study investigated the effect of α-lipoic acid (ALA), a naturally occurring antioxidant that improves mitochondrial function, on vascular calcification in vitro and in vivo. Calcifying vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) treated with inorganic phosphate (Pi) exhibited mitochondrial dysfunction, as demonstrated by decreased mitochondrial membrane potential and ATP production, the disruption of mitochondrial structural integrity and concurrently increased production of reactive oxygen species. These Pi-induced functional and structural mitochondrial defects were accompanied by mitochondria-dependent apoptotic events, including release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria into the cytosol, subsequent activation of caspase-9 and -3, and chromosomal DNA fragmentation. Intriguingly, ALA blocked the Pi-induced VSMC apoptosis and calcification by recovery of mitochondrial function and intracellular redox status. Moreover, ALA inhibited Pi-induced down-regulation of cell survival signals through the binding of growth arrest-specific gene 6 (Gas6) to its cognate receptor Axl and subsequent Akt activation, resulting in increased survival and decreased apoptosis. Finally, ALA significantly ameliorated vitamin D(3) -induced aortic calcification and mitochondrial damage in mice. Collectively, the findings suggest ALA attenuates vascular calcification by inhibiting VSMC apoptosis through two distinct mechanisms; preservation of mitochondrial function via its antioxidant potential and restoration of the Gas6/Axl/Akt survival pathway. Full ArticleAll of which begs the question:What have you done for your mitochondria today?Restoring mitochondrial antioxidant defenses, supporting respiratory chain integrity, preserving mitochondria membrane function, and enhancing mitochondrial biogenesis. How? At a minimum... R(+)-Alpha Lipoic Acid NAC Sustained(N-Acetyl Cysteine) CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) GliSODin Magnesium Carnitine ResveratrolOur Battle Against Atherosclerosis IS the Battle to Preserve Our Mitochondrial Health! This is were we should focus our attention!Recommended Reading: Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life. Edited by user 11 days ago | Reason: typosBack to top thanks 1 user thanked slimjohn for this useful post. lconnolly on 3/26/2018Sponsor HLT Common Sense Guidelines: The advice and information offered in Heart*LifeTalk (HLT) Forums is for support purposes only. Any information posted here is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The information offered on this site by members is the opinion of the individual posting it and not intended for diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition and should not be construed as medical advice. Advice given on this forum is not a substitute for a licensed physician’s medical advice. Under no circumstances will Heart*LifeTalk Forums, site management, and moderators be liable for any damage caused by reliance upon information obtained on this website. Any reliance upon any information obtained from this website is at user's own risk.Heart*LifeTalk Administration has the right to edit, close or remove any post or thread that is deemed inappropriate. The decision to edit, close or delete a Post/Thread is solely ours. We have a strict policy of keeping the posts in this community constructive. There is a zero tolerance policy regarding personal attacks and insults. If a member is warned about verbal attacks or insults toward other members and persists in this behavior it may result in a permanent ban from HLT forums.The main focus of HLT Forums is to provide a supportive place for people affected by cardiovascular disease and related conditions. To do this, sometimes we must limit the scope of the permitted topics, in order to foster a supportive environment. It is against HLT Guidelines to discuss religious and political matters on the forums.Please remember that HLT Forums is a place for support and learning. All members should feel comfortable in posting their questions and opinions and in sharing their experiences. Please be respectful to one another and treat your fellow members with courtesy (especially if you disagree with them). People come from all different backgrounds and knowledge bases. Regardless of where we have started out, we all have the shared goal of living healthier lives. Constructive comments and lively discussion are welcomed and encouraged! Let's always strive to be gracious hosts -- and to be respectful guests. Fair Use: Members of Heart*LifeTalk (HLT) Forums may post information containing copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The information and material is considered to be part of HTL's efforts to promote and advance understanding of issues of significance. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the information and material on Heart*LifeTalk Forums is made available without profit for educational purposes.Members should always include website links (URLs) in posts containing both copyrighted and non-copyrighted information.Back to top skwoo #2 Posted : 13 days agoskwooRank: MemberJoined: 12/1/2016Posts: 18United StatesThanks: 6 timesWas thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s) Hmm tough read.So epa dha 3 to 2 is not enough?Need ala too?What is best dose? I take 5 to 7 ml NutraSea fish oil dropped down due to serrapeptase & fermented Garlic& all you list too, k & mk7 @ 500mc min.Edit no nac , ...qq stuff or ...gillsod... What the heck...Plus the biggy serrapeptase it is amazing And of course PT 16 gr now, dropped from 75 (I hope to replace my 6 amalgams w/ gold)The 8 gr of lipo & serrapeptase may be the reason BT is now at 20 gr.Oh yea, salt, what a fool I was listening to mainstream med. That and water, plus keeping K & Mg in my pocket is the key to managing HD.Edited by user 13 days ago | Reason: Not specifiedOn PaulingT4.30.14MI Stents11.3.16CABG4.17 EFwent 55,was35,Lpa <10 nowRunners high is backUp to 50g AABack to top slimjohn #3 Posted : 13 days agoslimjohnRank: Advanced MemberMedals: Century Award: 100+ posts!Joined: 7/20/2012Posts: 2,477ManUnited StatesLocation: Southern Plains, USAThanks: 237 timesWas thanked: 1117 time(s) in 778 post(s) Hi!1. Fish oil EPA:DHA, 3:2 DOES passify plaque (make less likely to rupture) and is a powerful inhibitor of inflammation (eicosanoids). However great it is, it is not a complete solution (is there one?). Fish oil EPA does inhibit ABCA1 (macrophage efflux 'port').2. You need ALA to inhibit the formation or deposition of calcium phosphate (arterial calcification). Magnesium helps but based on research ALA seems especially well-suited for this task. Not mentioned in the post is that ALA does upregulate ABCA1 and ABCG1 efflux (HDL).3. (R) Alpha Lipoic Acid is available in 100mg-600mg capsules. It's effect is dose dependent (and probably phosphate level) so 600mg/day may be best.4. About Vitamin K. You don't want to ever be low on Vitamin K since is is essential in carboxylation of matrix Gla protein that is formed on artery walls (upregulated by Vitamin D3). Otherwise, the matrix Gla protein is like a primer for calcification. Here is what I take:LEF Super K with Advanced K2 Complex. 1 cap/dayK1: 1500mcgMk4: 1000mcgMk7: 100mcgI take this primarily for K1 (the Mk4 and Mk7 are cis, not trans formulations)Relentless Improvement Vitamin K2 (all trans Mk4+mk7). 3 caps, 2x/dayMk4: 15,000mcgMk7: 60mcgI take this for Mk4, 45mg am, 45mg pmDoctor's Best Natural K2 iwth MK-7 (MenaQ7), trans. 1 cap, 2x/dayMk-7: 100mcgThis combined with above yield Mk-7, 420mcg/day5. Supplements to support mitochondria function. NAC. Powerful antioxidant; probably want to be careful with this supplement especially older folk; it may promote tumor growth. CoQ10 essential for mitochondria ETC (electron transfer chain) function the leads to ATP (energy) generation. PQQ support function of mitochondria. GliSODln provides antioxidant SOD to prevent ROS mitochondria stress. All else supports mitochondria function.Serrapeptase. I've not seen any research on this substance related to atherosclerosis, plaque formation, or calcification. It is apparently an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial substance. If one has stent it may prevent buildup of biofilm. Apparently decreases mucus viscosity related to sinus issues. Modest pain reduction. Said to have blood-thinning effect (anti-platelet).sjBack to top skwoo #4 Posted : 11 days agoskwooRank: MemberJoined: 12/1/2016Posts: 18United StatesThanks: 6 timesWas thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s) Originally Posted by: slimjohn Go to Quoted PostHi!1. Fish oil EPA:DHA, 3:2 DOES passify plaque (make less likely to rupture) and is a powerful inhibitor of inflammation (eicosanoids). However great it is, it is not a complete solution (is there one?). Fish oil EPA does inhibit ABCA1 (macrophage efflux 'port').2. You need ALA to inhibit the formation or deposition of calcium phosphate (arterial calcification). Magnesium helps but based on research ALA seems especially well-suited for this task. Not mentioned in the post is that ALA does upregulate ABCA1 and ABCG1 efflux (HDL).3. (R) Alpha Lipoic Acid is available in 100mg-600mg capsules. It's effect is dose dependent (and probably phosphate level) so 600mg/day may be best.4. About Vitamin K. You don't want to ever be low on Vitamin K since is is essential in carboxylation of matrix Gla protein that is formed on artery walls (upregulated by Vitamin D3). Otherwise, the matrix Gla protein is like a primer for calcification. Here is what I take:LEF Super K with Advanced K2 Complex. 1 cap/dayK1: 1500mcgMk4: 1000mcgMk7: 100mcgI take this primarily for K1 (the Mk4 and Mk7 are cis, not trans formulations)Relentless Improvement Vitamin K2 (all trans Mk4+mk7). 3 caps, 2x/dayMk4: 15,000mcgMk7: 60mcgI take this for Mk4, 45mg am, 45mg pmDoctor's Best Natural K2 iwth MK-7 (MenaQ7), trans. 1 cap, 2x/dayMk-7: 100mcgThis combined with above yield Mk-7, 420mcg/day5. Supplements to support mitochondria function. NAC. Powerful antioxidant; probably want to be careful with this supplement especially older folk; it may promote tumor growth. CoQ10 essential for mitochondria ETC (electron transfer chain) function the leads to ATP (energy) generation. PQQ support function of mitochondria. GliSODln provides antioxidant SOD to prevent ROS mitochondria stress. All else supports mitochondria function.Serrapeptase. I've not seen any research on this substance related to atherosclerosis, plaque formation, or calcification. It is apparently an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial substance. If one has stent it may prevent buildup of biofilm. Apparently decreases mucus viscosity related to sinus issues. Modest pain reduction. Said to have blood-thinning effect (anti-platelet).sjThanks a lot, John...Where do I pay, lol.On PaulingT4.30.14MI Stents11.3.16CABG4.17 EFwent 55,was35,Lpa <10 nowRunners high is backUp to 50g AABack to top skwoo #5 Posted : 11 days agoskwooRank: MemberJoined: 12/1/2016Posts: 18United StatesThanks: 6 timesWas thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s) Originally Posted by: slimjohn Go to Quoted PostHi!1. Fish oil EPA:DHA, 3:2 DOES passify plaque (make less likely to rupture) and is a powerful inhibitor of inflammation (eicosanoids). However great it is, it is not a complete solution (is there one?). Fish oil EPA does inhibit ABCA1 (macrophage efflux 'port').2. You need ALA to inhibit the formation or deposition of calcium phosphate (arterial calcification). Magnesium helps but based on research ALA seems especially well-suited for this task. Not mentioned in the post is that ALA does upregulate ABCA1 and ABCG1 efflux (HDL).3. (R) Alpha Lipoic Acid is available in 100mg-600mg capsules. It's effect is dose dependent (and probably phosphate level) so 600mg/day may be best.4. About Vitamin K. You don't want to ever be low on Vitamin K since is is essential in carboxylation of matrix Gla protein that is formed on artery walls (upregulated by Vitamin D3). Otherwise, the matrix Gla protein is like a primer for calcification. Here is what I take:LEF Super K with Advanced K2 Complex. 1 cap/dayK1: 1500mcgMk4: 1000mcgMk7: 100mcgI take this primarily for K1 (the Mk4 and Mk7 are cis, not trans formulations)Relentless Improvement Vitamin K2 (all trans Mk4+mk7). 3 caps, 2x/dayMk4: 15,000mcgMk7: 60mcgI take this for Mk4, 45mg am, 45mg pmDoctor's Best Natural K2 iwth MK-7 (MenaQ7), trans. 1 cap, 2x/dayMk-7: 100mcgThis combined with above yield Mk-7, 420mcg/day5. Supplements to support mitochondria function. NAC. Powerful antioxidant; probably want to be careful with this supplement especially older folk; it may promote tumor growth. CoQ10 essential for mitochondria ETC (electron transfer chain) function the leads to ATP (energy) generation. PQQ support function of mitochondria. GliSODln provides antioxidant SOD to prevent ROS mitochondria stress. All else supports mitochondria function.Serrapeptase. I've not seen any research on this substance related to atherosclerosis, plaque formation, or calcification. It is apparently an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial substance. If one has stent it may prevent buildup of biofilm. Apparently decreases mucus viscosity related to sinus issues. Modest pain reduction. Said to have blood-thinning effect (anti-platelet).sjOne more thing you may know about. I gave up the time released niacin for IR. But the K tabs are convenient is there any down side to them as likethere is with other TR meds?On PaulingT4.30.14MI Stents11.3.16CABG4.17 EFwent 55,was35,Lpa <10 nowRunners high is backUp to 50g AABack to top slimjohn #6 Posted : 11 days agoslimjohnRank: Advanced MemberMedals: Century Award: 100+ posts!Joined: 7/20/2012Posts: 2,477ManUnited StatesLocation: Southern Plains, USAThanks: 237 timesWas thanked: 1117 time(s) in 778 post(s) Here's my story on niacin, skwoo:I used to take Slo-Niacin (3g), supposedly the safest non-prescription niacin with slow release. I did not want to take a drug like Tricor. Years later I changed to nicotinic acid (IR or pure niacin). Cheap, cheap, cheap. The flush with nicotinic acid (3g) was not any different than Slo-Niacin which was mild and kinda felt good. Note: it takes a minimum of 1g-3g niacin to have any effect on lipids.Other TR meds? Nicotinic acid and Slo-Niacin are the only non-prescription formulation that work to control lipids, especially triglycerides. Other formulations such as niacinamide have no effect on lipids and may create health issues (liver).I discontinued the higher dose niacin about a year ago. I took it to control triglycerides which it did. However, niacin "robs" methyl groups and presented problems with my COMT gene mutations which process methyl groups slowly anyway. The result was improved triglycerides at the expense of methylation issues (e.g., homocysteine) requiring offsetting methyl containing supplements like TMG. Still, there were variations of COMT mutations that affected me (neurotransmitter swings, dopamine, etc.). Discontinuing nicotinic acid reduced the methyl group losses and adding taurine seemed to calm the neurotransmitter swings. In addition, high dose niacin is a heavy load on the liver so long-term it may not be too good especially since I started taking high-dose curcumin and high-does EGCG to dampen cancerous B-cell lymphocyte growth. I get ALT/AST every three months and all good. Although the values were well within the reference ranges discontinuing niacin resulted in significantly lower ALT/AST values with curcumin/EGCG.In the meantime, I started taking NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) which is precursor to NAD; NR is said to mimick that benefits of nicotinic acid without the flushing. I suppose. I am not sure how to measure outcome or NAD level due to many variables but will find out with next lipid lab report. Interestingly, niacin is also a precursor to NAD but somewhat less effective in NAD production. In the meantime my triglycerides have been pretty good. If it happens that triglycerides become an issue not corrected by diet/exercise, I would not hesitate to take nicotinic acid again.sj Edited by user 11 days ago | Reason: add, rephrase two sentences for clarityBack to top skwoo #7 Posted : 11 days agoskwooRank: MemberJoined: 12/1/2016Posts: 18United StatesThanks: 6 timesWas thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s) Originally Posted by: slimjohn Go to Quoted Post Here's my story on niacin, skwoo:I used to take Slo-Niacin (3g), supposedly the safest non-prescription niacin with slow release. I did not want to take a drug like Tricor. Years later I changed to nicotinic acid (IR or pure niacin). Cheap, cheap, cheap. The flush with nicotinic acid (3g) was not any different than Slo-Niacin which was mild and kinda felt good. Note: it takes a minimum of 1g-3g niacin to have any effect on lipids.Other TR meds? Nicotinic acid and Slo-Niacin are the only non-prescription formulation that work to control lipids, especially triglycerides. Other formulations such as niacinamide have no effect on lipids and may create health issues (liver).I discontinued the higher dose niacin about a year ago. I took it to control triglycerides which it did. However, niacin "robs" methyl groups and presented problems with my COMT gene mutations which process methyl groups slowly anyway. The result was improved triglycerides at the expense of methylation issues (e.g., homocysteine) requiring offsetting methyl containing supplements like TMG. Still, there were variations of COMT mutations that affected me (neurotransmitter swings, dopamine, etc.). Discontinuing nicotinic acid reduced the methyl group losses and adding taurine seemed to calm the neurotransmitter swings. In addition, high dose niacin is a heavy load on the liver so long-term it may not be too good especially since I started taking high-dose curcumin and high-does EGCG to dampen cancerous B-cell lymphocyte growth. I get ALT/AST every three months and all good. Although the values were well within the reference ranges discontinuing niacin resulted in significantly lower ALT/AST values with curcumin/EGCG.In the meantime, I started taking NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) which is precursor to NAD; NR is said to mimick that benefits of nicotinic acid without the flushing. I suppose. I am not sure how to measure outcome or NAD level due to many variables but will find out with next lipid lab report. Interestingly, niacin is also a precursor to NAD but somewhat less effective in NAD production. In the meantime my triglycerides have been pretty good. If it happens that triglycerides become an issue not corrected by diet/exercise, I would not hesitate to take nicotinic acid again.sj I was a short mentionK-tabs are they a safe TR form for potassium vs No Salt, wbick is K only!ThanksOn PaulingT4.30.14MI Stents11.3.16CABG4.17 EFwent 55,was35,Lpa <10 nowRunners high is backUp to 50g AABack to top slimjohn #8 Posted : 11 days agoslimjohnRank: Advanced MemberMedals: Century Award: 100+ posts!Joined: 7/20/2012Posts: 2,477ManUnited StatesLocation: Southern Plains, USAThanks: 237 timesWas thanked: 1117 time(s) in 778 post(s) I have no experience with K-tab which is potassium chloride (KCl) extended release formulation. "Safe" is a relative term since it depends on your own need for potassium as well as the supplement. I really can't speak to its safety or even if the extended release is at constant rate or not, so best to check with the manufacturer. As for salt which is sodium chloride (NaCL). If you suspect a potassium deficiency it might be best to check with doctor since there may be othere associated issues.Since I exercise and do monthly 5-day mimicking fasting I take Sunergetic Premium Electrolyte Formula. So, I get potassium and other electrolytes in a capsule instead of electrolyte drinks or even sweetened electrolyte drinks.Well, we have wandered a bit off the topic -- okay but would like to keep the topic on the rails (i.e., mitochondria and arterial calcification). :-)sj Edited by user 11 days ago | Reason: typosBack to top pamoja #9 Posted : 10 days agopamojaRank: Advanced MemberJoined: 10/13/2012Posts: 213AustriaThanks: 91 timesWas thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s) Quote:Well, we have wandered a bit off the topic -- okay but would like to keep the topic on the rails (i.e., mitochondria and arterial calcification). :-)Electrolytes or mass minerals are important to mitochondria and arterial health too. Water too. So give me just a minute or two.. Found I need at least 2.4 g/d of oral Magnesium to keep pain-full muscle cramps away. About the same supplemented Potassium to just keep it in the optimal range. At the moment at 3 g of supplemental sodium, still my lab test certify I'm still short on it, as with the Mg.Now there is a reason why Potassium is limited to 99mg in supplement, because in high concentration it could cause serious damage to the stomach walls. Therefore recommend to get higher amounts of supplemental Potassium always as powder (citrate, bicarbonate, chloride) very well dissolved in a glass water. I wouldn't trust any Potassium slow release formulation on that.Back to top thanks 1 user thanked pamoja for this useful post. slimjohn on 3/31/2018Quick Reply Show Quick Reply Tag as favoriteNew TopicPost ReplyHeart LifeTalk » ADVANCED TOPICS » Cell & Mitochondria Health » Back to the Future: Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) and Arterial CalcificationForum Jump You can post new topics in this forum.You can reply to topics in this forum.You can delete your posts in this forum.You can edit your posts in this forum.You cannot create polls in this forum.You can vote in polls in this forum.Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2018, Yet Another Forum.NETThis page was generated in 0.911 seconds.
Last edited by skwoodwiva on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm

I take everything that's in the book that Owen wrote

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by pamojja » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:02 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:I take everything that's in the book that Owen wrote

In August last year you said on being asked, that you use what Dr. Rath recommends in his book. After which the enormous differences to Linus Pauling's therapy was pointed out to. Therefore, the longest time you could've taken Linus Pauling therapy till now is 7 months.

As already pointed out many times before, that might not cut it if it is very severe. In my severe case it took almost as many years to reverse a 60% walking-disabilty. Though already after 1 year I had clear sign of progress (intermittent claudication having improved from 3-400 meter to being able to walk 1 hour).

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:54 am

I take all the supplement LP says to take as well as what Rath recommends. I average between 15 and 20 grams of vitamin C a day. Maybe it's my fillings,my root canals who the hell knows anymore. I guess when I first started after reading all the testomonials I thought I would feel a difference quickly, boy was I wrong

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#14  Post by skwoodwiva » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:48 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:I take all the supplement LP says to take as well as what Rath recommends. I average between 15 and 20 grams of vitamin C a day. Maybe it's my fillings,my root canals who the hell knows anymore. I guess when I first started after reading all the testomonials I thought I would feel a difference quickly, boy was I wrong

I am divorcing , not related, well yea it is, to my better health, no more enablers in my life lol...

Anyway I will use the property settlement to go to the best LA school where thet want gold patients because no one in LA ever wants gold & they must train...cheap for me!

sammy12345
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#15  Post by sammy12345 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:28 am

/
Last edited by sammy12345 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”