Liver enzymes AST/ALT increased to out of range on PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Liver enzymes AST/ALT increased to out of range on PT

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 am

Hello,

I am new to the forum however decided to join because the information that I have read so far make sense in regards to the Pauling Method and Vitamin C.

I have been on the Cardio C (3-4 scoops daily) + Vitamin C 3-5000mg daily) supplementation now for about 3 months and have noticed the following;

My Cholesterol (LDL) has increased 43 point from 85

My Triglycerides has increased 31 points from 65.

My Liver enzymes AST and ALT have increased to out of range levels where prior it had not been out of range.

I am not too concerned with the Vitamin C but and concerned about the Proline and Lysine doses.

Is there any info suggesting why I have these elevations in regards to the supplementaions?

I read that taking Lysine without also supplementing with L-Arginine can be detrimental to the liver.

Also wondering if plaque is being removed from arteries and as a by process elevating my blood serum levels with that removed plaque? Does Lysine and Proline elevate cholesterol on its own?

Thank you,

ERIK

3 to 4 scoops is 7.5g to 10 g of of lysine.

We generally recommend a maximum lysine around 5-6 grams. I might cut back on the Cardio-C to 2 scoops, replace the vitamin C by adding more C powder. And let us know what happens. Hopefully, johnwen will have some thoughts about this.

Are you on statin cholesterol-lowering drugs? Searching for reasons ALT/AST would be high, google told me

Common causes of mild increases in AST and ALT levels include non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), hepatitis C, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and medication effect (e.g., due to statins).

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Liver enzymes AST/ALT increased to out of range on PT

Post Number:#2  Post by Frodo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:31 am

owen
Johnwen recommended Lysin 90 % of V-C, for me about 8000 mg. Do you think, it‘s to much? My blood values (liver) are OK. I‘ve no problem with 8000 or more.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am

Here’s a pretty comprehensive article about the liver and the tests and causes.

https://www.medicinenet.com/liver_blood ... _the_liver

Frodo;
8 Grams L-Lysine is not overdoing it if your not getting any GI issues or any other type of effects from it. Especially if your physically active! Most Body builder’s do about 20-30 grams a day.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by Frodo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Johnwen wrote:Here’s a pretty comprehensive article about the liver and the tests and causes.

https://www.medicinenet.com/liver_blood ... _the_liver

Frodo;
8 Grams L-Lysine is not overdoing it if your not getting any GI issues or any other type of effects from it. Especially if your physically active! Most Body builder’s do about 20-30 grams a day.

Yes, you are right (or well remembered), I am physically very active. I was an ultra runner. After my heart attack I do body building.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”