Heart palpitations due to lysine?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Heart palpitations due to lysine?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:43 am

A new customer says that the Cardio gave him heart palpitations at the amount recommended and he needed hospitalization.

The hospital reportedly told him large amounts of Lysine may do that.

Fortunately, something like this is rare, and it is important for us to understand what else you were taking, what the diagnosis was, etc. A professor of Cardiology and medical doctor monitors our forum, and his experience has been invaluable. But the more details you can provide, the better.

As our customer base grows, it is hard to "educate" everyone, especially since Pauling's invention (high dose vitamin C and lysine) has NEVER been studied (or lets say, a study has never been published - begging the question, how would the hospital know that high lysine caused your problem?)

Lysine may have, but we have been advised that 10% of the population reacts to the medicinal herb stevia. There is NO research to back up a statement that lysine caused the problem.

We just posted an answer to another potential customer who is worried about lysine here:

https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13993&p=53236

Now if we had spoken with you, we would have advised to work up slowly (although most people that adopt the maximum dosage to start have no problems.). See:
https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11577

We look forward to details of your case/incident.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Heart palpitations due to lysine?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:01 pm

High amounts of L-Lysine tends to increase the amount of free calcium in the body. This in turn can lead to heart palpitations but if the persons parathyroid glands are functioning properly there should not be a problem as the body will adjust.
If there is a parathyroid problem which would be indicated by a blood level above 9.9mg/dL, contrary to the range of (8.4-10.6). They have a problem with one of their 4 parathyroid glands.

When this person was checked at the hospital, My bet would be that his calcium levels were in the 10’s and the doc’s said no problem there!

One should then limit their amount of L-Lysine intake because with the high blood calcium, Heart Palpations can and do occur!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by AngieLynn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:29 pm

My calcium is 9.8 but I’d like to go on the c/lysiene protocol. Is that a problem? Is there something I can do to mitigate the effect of lysine on calcium?

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by AngieLynn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:06 pm

It just occurred to me that I’ve had to be taking tums for bad acid reflux and esophageal burning. Could that be the cause? Also please advise on exactly how to take the vitamin c without causing acid in my esophagus. Thank you!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:46 am

AngieLynn wrote:It just occurred to me that I’ve had to be taking tums for bad acid reflux and esophageal burning. Could that be the cause? Also please advise on exactly how to take the vitamin c without causing acid in my esophagus. Thank you!

Probably. You should read the book WHY STOMACH ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU by Jonathan Wright and Lane Lenard, and learn why he GIVES ACID (betaine HCL) to people with GERD... Here is an archived article on how I cured my GERD.. http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11177

The answer is to take vitamin C mostly as the alkaline sodium ascorbate. At least until the bottom of your throat heals

I just noticed johnwen's post on how/why lysine might interact with calcium... poor parathyroid function... As per Dr. Levy, there is no reason to supplement calcium in most people. Except children growing bones... Even women later in life do not need to supplement calcium (as osteoporosis is more bone scurvy (vitamin C deficiency) than anything else.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”