Familial Hypercholesterolemia?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Familial Hypercholesterolemia?

Post Number:#16  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:34 pm

Pamojja;
Seeing the readings and your calculations on A1c and the difference between a lab test on A1c a thought came to mind!
Did you calibrate your test strips to your meter??

Another question is during your fasting are you sure you were consuming a sufficient amount of water to keep you hydrated??
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by pamojja » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:22 am

Calibrated it and it gave the same readings as the one at my GPs office (+/-5 mg/dl). What I'm not sure is how accurate is my calculation of 'mean' glucose, since I don't have a continuous meter and therefore always took the mean between the lowest (fasted) and highest postprandial (after my daily 2 meals) for about a month. Without really knowing how low it would go during sleep - I do have some dawn-phenomena.

The second question is a bid more difficult to answer, since that fast is already 8 years ago and I don't remember that clearly. I assume I drunk enough since I've been aware of the importance of lots of water during a water fast. And remember not having had constipation at all.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by ofonorow » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:21 am

Day three of fasting. I find my sugar readings somewhat remarkable (steady around 140 mg/dl) over the 3 day period, using the Libre. The line is flat. From the discussion above , I assume the same liver mechanism that keeps sugar elevated during sleep is in play. However, I stopped taking any insulin, fearing that might make glucose levels go too low.

At this point, there is no issue with glucose levels going too low, per johnwen's concern.

So far, so good. w/10,000 mg of B5 (2,500mg 4 X daily). No hunger. Minor weakness. I changed the vitamin C to all sodium ascorbate. Still having a cup of coffee in the a.m. and all my supplements.

I have cut 5 mg from my daily cortisol, so far without any adverse effect, and I am hoping to cut more.

It makes a great deal of sense that our bodies, after evolving for billions of years, would find famine more common than a refrigerator full of food.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by pamojja » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:47 am

Well done. Am surprised you had no hunger, usually that stops only after day 3. Though it probably doesn't concern you at all, since you keep taking supplements, here a concise summary of refeeding syndrome: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/

cylon75

Post Number:#20  Post by cylon75 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:27 am

pamojja, thank you for the links. you are probably right for not taking statins and your view about also not taking PCKS9 inhibitors.

Found a nice link about FH:

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2016/11/fami ... olemia-fh/

and also http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2013/10/how- ... -at-a-time

I have to get more cholesterol instead of trying to lowering it if I really have a genetic defect.

I am currently also reading https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2016/01/1 ... t-disease/ and following parts which is also very informative. He also mentions the PKCS9 inhibitors and why it is a bad idea.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have my Lp(a) score.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by pamojja » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 am

Glad it helped you to search in the right directions.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”