Question about Cardio C, Chinese Vit. C,

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

t05

Question about Cardio C, Chinese Vit. C,

Post Number:#1  Post by t05 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:50 am

I've been on the protocol for 8 months. Now I am wondering if what I am taking is best. Been taking Natures Way Vit. C. in capsules.

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Vitamin-1000-Capsules/dp/B003B3OOS2/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1545237579&sr=8-4&keywords=natures%2Bway%2Bvit%2Bc%2B1000mg&th=1

Question #1.

When looking at purchasing Cardio C (which is obviously recommended on this forum, I see that each scoop contains 2,500 mg of C, 2,500 mg of Lysine, and 500 mg proline.

If I only want to take the recommended maximum dosage of lysine (6,000) and proline (2,000), yet I want to take the upper recommended dosage of 18,000 mg of C - how does one do that with Cardio C? If I took 7 scoops of Cardio C to get the 18,000 mg, I WOULD ALSO BE GETTING 18,000 mg of Lysine, which is not recommended.

Question # 2
What's wrong with the capsules I've been taking (listed above)? They are convenient, easy to swallow, and I can take as many as I want independent of lysine and proline.

Question #3

What's wrong with Vitamin C from China? I like Chinese food. :D

Thanks for anyone's responses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Question about Cardio C, Chinese Vit. C,

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:20 am

Good questions.

t05 wrote:I've been on the protocol for 8 months. Now I am wondering if what I am taking is best. Been taking Natures Way Vit. C. in capsules.

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Vitamin-1000-Capsules/dp/B003B3OOS2/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1545237579&sr=8-4&keywords=natures%2Bway%2Bvit%2Bc%2B1000mg&th=1

So how are you feeling on the product you have been taking for 8 months? What about lysine?

t05 wrote:Question #1.

When looking at purchasing Cardio C (which is obviously recommended on this forum, I see that each scoop contains 2,500 mg of C, 2,500 mg of Lysine, and 500 mg proline.

If I only want to take the recommended maximum dosage of lysine (6,000) and proline (2,000), yet I want to take the upper recommended dosage of 18,000 mg of C - how does one do that with Cardio C? If I took 7 scoops of Cardio C to get the 18,000 mg, I WOULD ALSO BE GETTING 18,000 mg of Lysine, which is not recommended.

True. We don't recommend more than 2 or 3 scoops daily of a Pauling therapy product. The rest of the vitamin C dosage can be added separately - either via capsules, or adding vitamin C powder to the drink mix.

Note: We know of one case (the brother of Tower Lab's founder who started with 5 servings per day (5 jars per month) of Heart Technology, which equals 10,000 mg of additional lysine - with no reports of a problem.)

Most people (heart patients) seem to get better quickly on the basic therapy - 5-6 grams of lysine and 5-6 grams vitamin C.

t05 wrote:Question # 2
What's wrong with the capsules I've been taking (listed above)? They are convenient, easy to swallow, and I can take as many as I want independent of lysine and proline.

You tell us (me). I am not familiar with that product, but I agree that capsules are generally an excellent alternative to the powder/drink mixes - because of all the fillers in that many tablets/pills.

What has your experience been? (One major brand I trust is NatureMade..)

t05 wrote:Question #3

What's wrong with Vitamin C from China? I like Chinese food. :D

Thanks for anyone's responses.

There are large ISO manufacturers in China that produce excellent vitamin C, which is a good thing since most (almost ALL) vitamin C is manufactured in China.

In the beginning, we had no products, and people would continually ask us what vitamin C was "best." We then decided to offer what we thought was the best (Then USA based Roche vitamin C. The company and plant had produced vitamin C since the 1930s. We have ultimate faith in this product. That doesn't mean there aren't other excellent products. And now DSM (formerly Roche) makes vitamin C in China too, but they assure as that if the brand is Quali-C - it is made in their Darby Scotland plant.

We are a small business. It turns out there is a niche of people who simply do not like buying Chinese goods, fearing quality issues. We reported on the MaltoMeal recall, where the Chinese vitamin C being used for to extend shelf life was found to be contaminated with some chemical, perhaps anti-freeze? (Johnwen pointed out how the mandarin symbol for this chemical was almost identical to the correct chemical that should have been used.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”