PAD, High Cholesterol, Hashimotos, MRA..

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

PAD, High Cholesterol, Hashimotos, MRA..

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:45 am

Hello. I was just recently diagnosed with PAD by ultrasound and have MRA with contrast of abdomen and lower extremities on 2-7-19. I am without symptoms except that doctor couldn’t get pulse at ankle area but could get pulse in my big toes.
I also have high cholesterol and Hashimotos Hypothyroid. My cholesterol is not being treated with meds. I do take Unithroid for the Hashimotos.
I ordered Cardio-C already but now I’m wondering if I ordered the proper product.
Look forward to your response:
Debra
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: PAD, High Cholesterol, Hashimotos, MRA..

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:27 am

I have hypothyroidism ..but not hashimoto’s..and i’m On Armour Thyroid..and have been for 25 years..I used to wonder if vitamin C has any impact on my thyroid ..maybe Johnwen can answer that..but to answer your question about the brand of vitacim C Cardio-C is one of the best.i use heart tech from Tower labs because it has all the Lysine proline and other vitamins in the same container and saves me quite a bit of money..

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 pm

I used to wonder if vitamin C has any impact on my thyroid

Not only on your thyroid but when your thyroid isn’t doing it’s job it can cause quite a few problems as exhibited by the original post here. This has been linked to something we have talked quite a bit here called oxidative stress. The thyroid plays an important part in it’s control as while as V-C in countering the adverse effects of it. So to put it simple if one is lacking (thyroid) taking the other (V-C) is a must! Or if you say the opposite well it don’t always work that way for other reasons.
Here are some links to help with understanding this!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4802023/

This link shows something else that effects this balance (IT’S A PDF File)

http://www.eje-online.org/content/162/2/307.full.pdf
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Thank you Johnwen for the info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”