Cardio C Usage; side effects, dosage & arterial efficacy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

rythmbear

Cardio C Usage; side effects, dosage & arterial efficacy

Post Number:#1  Post by rythmbear » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Questions please:
1)Been using Cardio-C now 3 weeks; 3x's daily for 7500mg Vit C & 7500mg lysine;
Been getting intensely itching skin; I am obviously pulling back usage, but am unsure
to what degree to ensure continuing arterial benefit; Any advisory?
2)How much lysine is desirable for arterial benefit?
3)How much Vit C for arterial benefit? Take individually & separately?
4)Any advisory as to whether Cardio C would assist with heart valve calcification?
For my 92 year old father..

Any input welcome. Thank you!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Cardio C Usage; side effects, dosage & arterial efficacy

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Been getting intensely itching skin

I experienced something like this myself - once, a long time ago taking Tower Heart Technology.. Around 1996. I never had an explanation, and it never happened again.

We are told that some people react to the herb stevia, so one thing to try is taking vitamin C and lysine separately, as pure powders, or the best pills you can find, and see whether you experience the same skin reaction. (Please report back.)

Usually, I interpret temporary skin conditions and cold sores per Pauling's view - that the symptoms are detox reactions caused by more vitamin C as the immune system "wakes up" and notices irritants, viruses and pathogens.

As far as the dosage, the general recommendation from Linus was 6 g to 18 g vitamin C daily - in his book How To Live Longer and Feel Better, and 2 to 6 grams of lysine (from the Unified Theory Video lecture)

Here are all the recommendations in a free download. http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

rythmbear

Post Number:#3  Post by rythmbear » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Thank you Owen, most helpful.

1)Would you advise stopping altogether and restarting or, just lowering the dose?
2)So taking a 1/3 to 1 dose of lysine to Vit C would still be considered therapeutic?
3)Would you think a therapeutic dose "might" help with heart valve calcification?

Thanks again
Howie

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:16 am

My first thought is the stevia, although it might be wise to start slower with pure powders...
I would not stop altogether, and, again, working up to a therapeutic dose in your case seems prudent. In case this is some kind of temporary "detox" reaction that will cease when the toxins are expelled.

The "agent" that moves calcium from soft tissue into bone (See the Why Vitamin K is Added to the Pauling Therapy link https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11891) is vitamin K. There are many ideas on the best form and amount, but my wife and I discovered that one Super-K tablet per day, from Life Extension, has kept us from having any calcium in our heart/arteries. We are not sure of the time frame, but months, less than one year to reverse calcium.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”