PT not helping with high blood pressure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

PT not helping with high blood pressure

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 am

Dear Owen

I have been following Dr. Pauling therapy with daily dose of 12-24 gr. of Vitamin C and 6 gr. of L-lysine. Additionally I add L-arginine and l-citrulline. Once a day I take 5gr of red beets to produce NO. I also take vitamin D3 /K . Goal of this therapy is to control high blood pressure. Unfortunately after 6 months I have not noticed any reduction in BP making me go back on my BP meds. I am 54, male able to do 40 push-ups and hold 5 minutes plank. I am 5’10, 234 lbs, waist 36. Quit drinking for last 40 days but no measurable difference in weight and BP.
I love the science behind dr. Paulings therapy. I see how much it helped many people.
Why haven’t I seen any improvement?

Thanks

Robert

Actual numbers would be important.
You can ALWAYS reduce (temporarily) blood pressure with a high enough dose of magnesium. (start low e.g. 300 mg, and work up)
Vitamin B6 has been shown to work better than many medications for hypertension
If not calcium (vitamin K should fix - may take 12 months. How long have you been taking vit K?) then for some reason your arteries are narrow.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: PT not helping with high blood pressure

Post Number:#2  Post by Frodo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:56 am

I take 1,5 grams magnesium. The amino acid taurine decreases high blood pressure too. Also Q10. And I try to run and meditate every day. It works.

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: PT not helping with high blood pressure

Post Number:#3  Post by johnjackson » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:23 am

ofonorow wrote:
Dear Owen

I have been following Dr. Pauling therapy with daily dose of 12-24 gr. of Vitamin C and 6 gr. of L-lysine. Additionally I add L-arginine and l-citrulline. Once a day I take 5gr of red beets to produce NO. I also take vitamin D3 /K . Goal of this therapy is to control high blood pressure. Unfortunately after 6 months I have not noticed any reduction in BP making me go back on my BP meds. I am 54, male able to do 40 push-ups and hold 5 minutes plank. I am 5’10, 234 lbs, waist 36. Quit drinking for last 40 days but no measurable difference in weight and BP.

[/color][/b].

I feel the same with this guym needing to lower BP, until I read
book by Louis J. Ignarro
-- American pharmacologist. For demonstrating the signaling properties of nitric oxide, he was co-recipient of the 1998 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine with Robert F. Furchgott and Ferid Murad.

the book, NO More Heart Disease: How Nitric Oxide Can Prevent--Even Reverse--Heart DZ
https://www.amazon.com/More-Heart-Disea ... 0312335822

is not so much about heart disease as it is the need for the Nitric oxide in the body

eating foods high in nitrates will drop your Blood pressure

Id skip the arigine and stick to more of the Citrulline, as argine can have other ill effects which citrilline does not
[b]
Food sources of nitrates and nitrites: the physiologic context for potential health benefits
[/b]
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/90/1/1/4596750

this article explains many perks of a diet rich in nitrates(
think of foods like
arugula
spinach
rhubarb
broccoli
-supplement" garden veggies nature's way as used in the article to give nirtates

even Dr mercola talks about exercises to increase nitric oxide and what NO does to help your body
https://www.mercola.com/calendar/2018/fitness.htm

also, as long as you are doing what Pauling says about intake of vit C, add some garlic to that mix
garlic+vit C will increase NO production about 3x baseline
https://www.peaktestosterone.com/Garlic ... ction.aspx

yes, more NO will likely give you boners, if you lack eendothelial dysfunction

I used to get my BP tested daily at work and I had moderately elevated BP, unless I had coffee, then it was just high
till I started having a 5oz of arugula and 1lb broccoli+clove of garlic, 3grams vit C(viamix blender) 1 hour before being tested AND drinking 8ozo coffee

then my BP wouold be lower then normal and well within a healthy range

more than that, the NO increase from eating a low fat, high nitrate diet would make drinking coffee redunant, I had enegy and felt good
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”