left ventricular diastolic dysfunction question

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

left ventricular diastolic dysfunction question

Post Number:#1  Post by AngieLynn » Sun May 19, 2019 12:23 pm

I had two issues -

1. my coronary calcium score was 0, which is great, but I had <40% blockage in my carotid artery.

I assume I can handle that with the Pauling protocol - correct?

2. I had an echo of my heart and have left ventricular hypertrophy, and the notes say that the diastolic filling pattern indicates impaired relaxation. I also have an EF between 60-65%.

Are there natural things I can take to restore the diastolic filling pattern so my heart will relax appropriately? Can I reverse the stiffness?
Last edited by AngieLynn on Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: left ventricular diastolic dysfunction question

Post Number:#2  Post by AngieLynn » Mon May 20, 2019 8:05 am

Owen and others, I'd love some input. Sorry for the long post but the main question is:

Are there natural things I can take to restore the diastolic filling pattern so my heart will relax appropriately? Can I reverse the stiffness?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 pm

AngieLynn wrote:Owen and others, I'd love some input. Sorry for the long post but the main question is:

I came to Pauling's therapy after finding out that the statins prescribed to me actually only helped 1 in 84 patients taking them for 5 years with reduced mortality, or the aspirin 1 in 333 patients taking it for 5 years also in respect to reduced mortality. And stents additional to these pharmacological interventions helped exactly none, all in those already having experienced a heart attack. For all others prescribed primary for prevention it wouldn't make much of a difference in respect to mortality at all.

Now all these medications have been studied to exactly that extent (5-year mortality), but Pauling's recommendations haven't been studied at all! Therefore nobody could know with certainty if it would be any better. But since conventional medicine has such hopeless outcomes anyway with nothing to loose, I set out to find out for myself if it would help for my particular conditions (PAD, with a 80% stenosis at the abdominal aorta, and a 60% walking-disability from that).

It took many years of experimenting with which the seeming impossible indeed was possible - with rigorous lifestyle interventions and comprehensive supplementation - to experience remission from my walking-disability. Alongside many other conditions improving (COPD1, T2D, fatty liver, interstitial cystitis, psoriasis, ME/CFS..).

However, if anyone would ask me if it would be possible also for him to overcome a PAD with Pauling's therapy, I could only say: maybe? Because at times it does take rigorous and dedicated efforts, which most patients are simply not in the position to give, or have the patience for.

To give you an idea what it sometimes could take, in this post on an other forum my story: https://www.longecity.org/forum/stacks/ ... emissions/

For EF additional high dose CoQ10 sometimes allegedly helps.

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by AngieLynn » Fri May 24, 2019 10:29 am

Thanks, I'll look it over.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 26, 2019 7:36 am

As far as the carotid artery, from our experience we would predict that a therapeutic Pauling dosage (5-6 g of both vitamin C and lysine) would clear it quickly.

2. I had an echo of my heart and have left ventricular hypertrophy, and the notes say that the diastolic filling pattern indicates impaired relaxation. I also have an EF between 60-65%.

Not familiar with your diagnosis, but an ejection fraction of 60-65% sounds pretty good.

Other than the basic Linus Pauling recommendations, e.g. high C, high E, high A, B-complex, multi-vitamin/mineral, the nutrient that comes immediately to mind is magnesium. I would add from 300 mg to 1 gram of an absorbable form of magnesium.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

AngieLynn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by AngieLynn » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:11 am

Thanks Owen, I'm on all those things you mentioned below, and I've just begun to take the pauling vitamins. You can have a great ejection fraction but still have the stiffening of the left ventricular... I'm wondering about using higher does of vitamin K? I started on LEF super k, but I'm wondering if higher doses would help. Do you know anything about that? Could that help?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:53 am

Not a vitamin K expert. After reading the year 2000 Life Extension Article on vitamin K, the CEO of Tower Labs added vitamin K - and it cleared his "arterial stiffness" in one year. Turns out he went to a health food store and the dosage of the vitamin K he took was 150 MICROGRAMS. (While Super-K is something like 2 milligrams, or what, ten to a hundred times larger.) So in my experience, even a very small amount of vitamin K can work wonders.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”