Heart Attack on Friday

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Heart Attack on Friday

Post Number:#31  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:44 pm

DiverDown2 wrote: Would you clarify some time ?____________________

Would it be wise to continue the Highest dosage for years, if not how much would you cut back to ? _________________

I would go by symtom decrease and improvement of lab-markers. For example, if serum retinol and retinol binding protein would show too high levels, I would cut back by half. Same with 25(OH)D, and retest after half a year again. These 2 fat solubles might be harmful at too high serum levels. Others I definitely would test is Magnesium in whole blood or RBC, ferritin, zinc and copper.

From general labs you can see a tendency of improvement or worsening. And adjust doses accordingly, if there are connections between lab-markers and nutrients (which usually there are).

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#32  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:02 pm

serum retinol and retinol binding protein would show too high levels,
Does that mean Too Much Vitamin A ? or is it looking at something else ?

again thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#33  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:15 pm

Serum retinol too high would show too high retinol=vitamin A.
RBP is the protein binding and transporting retinol through the body. If too high it screws the Retinol/RBP ratio (≥7) and actually less retinol would be available.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#34  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:23 pm

So referring to Pauling's Theory, Vitamin-C, Lysine, and Proline would not affect Serum retinol?
That was what I was asking about even though I did not make it clear,
I was wondering how long you can or should stay on the Highest dose of PT after Heart Attack.

thanks for being patient with my erratic questions.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#35  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:01 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:I was wondering how long you can or should stay on the Highest dose of PT after Heart Attack.

Since vitamin C intake is only limited by bowel-tolerance, which always is very individual and can abruptly change over time, only you can know. Too much lysine or proline also would cause digestive side effects, again very individual only you can find out for yourself. No, vitamin C, lysine and proline don't change anything about serum retinol, as far as I know. Vitamin A intake does.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”