Heart Attack on Friday

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Heart Attack on Friday

Post Number:#1  Post by DiverDown2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:59 pm

I am new to the Forum, 69 years old, 140 lbs. Have always ate extremely healthy, and exercised all my life.
This past Friday 06/07/2019 I had the worst chest pains i could imagine, my wife rushed me to the closest hospital, they took me in immediately, luckily they did, I went into Fatal Heart arrhythmia and flat lined, they shocked me back, and put in 3 medicated stints. Doc. says heredity.
I now take: Brilinta 90mg. Metoprolol, Crestor and 81 mg. aspirin. I also added 300 mg. Ubiquinol, K2, Vitamin D3.
I took Heart Tech from Tower Labs that state they follow Pauling's Formula for the past 9 months 4 scoops daily. Today i ordered ASCORSINE-9 because it has Chondroitin sulfate but it also has Taurine.
My question is: Is it safe with the above medicine to continue Heart Tech or ASCORSINE-9 other supplements mentioned above with Medicated Stints. and any helpful info. would be appreciated.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Heart Attack on Friday

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:22 am

If i understand this report, you have taken 9 months of vitamin C and lysine and that failed. :(

First question, what daily dose of Heart Technology?

Now a "Near-Fatal Heart arrhythmia" is a different animal from the standard MI due to arterial occlusion.

As reported in my book, the USDA discovered in swine that the mineral manganese, especially when dosed above 20 mg daily, crowds out magnesium in the heart, leading to "fatal heart arrhythmias." The advice was to lower the manganese to 2 or 3 mg daily, and the USDA told a caller that in 60 days, the arrhythmia would resolve. (The fellow who called to tell me this had had a arrythmia for years, said it indeed cleared up in 60 days.) Look at your supplements, and make sure that you aren't taking more than 2 to 3 mg. And the other approach is to increase magnesium, absolutely required for good heart rythym (and did I say vitamin E :-)

To answer your question, it is unsafe not to continue the high Pauling therapy nutrients, no matter what medications you are on. (What we think we know is based anecdotal reports. We have consistent reports from people, especially early on, on scores of medications.) I'm guessing that you are too low on your vitamin C dosage and that you are not taking magnesium, or the dosage is too low.

There is an amazing report by Gary Rehs about the myriad of heart medications he was on, that he was able to jettison after starting Heart Technology... While I look for that testimonial, here is his initial testimonial

http://www.internetwks.com/pauling/rehs.html
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by DiverDown2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:22 pm

I take 800-1200 mg. Magnesium Glycinate daily, 300 mg. Ubiquinol, I cannot find anything I take that says it contains manganese.

Dosing of Heart Technology = 4 Scoops daily divided in 2 servings = 6000 mg. Vitamin-C, 6000 mg. L-Lysine, 800 mg. L-Proline, 10000 iu Vitamin-A, 850 iu. Vitamin-E as (d-alpha-tocopheryl and other vitamins.

I ordered some Ascorsine-9 which contains the same thing but also added 1000 mg. Chondroitin Sulfate CS/C and 1000 mg. Taurine.
Question is can I take the one with Chondroitin Sulfate and Taurine since I am on Brilinta?

Am I getting enough Vitamin-C ?

thank you for the replies. anything you see I need to change please comment.

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by johnjackson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:19 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:I take 800-1200 mg. Magnesium Glycinate daily, 300 mg. Ubiquinol, I cannot find anything I take that says it contains manganese.

My dad has a-fib, no attacks since I got him on 1200mg MG daily
I looked at sources of manganese and he doesnt seem to get any

enough vit C can be determined by your bathroom experiences..are yuo are Bowel Tolerance? watery stools? or just water?
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by DiverDown2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:57 am

After they put in stints, is there anyway to get bypass surgery to remove them, can it be done electively or is it all up to the cardiologist to recommend and I have no say?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:02 am

DiverDown2 wrote:I take 800-1200 mg. Magnesium Glycinate daily, 300 mg. Ubiquinol, I cannot find anything I take that says it contains manganese.

Dosing of Heart Technology = 4 Scoops daily divided in 2 servings = 6000 mg. Vitamin-C, 6000 mg. L-Lysine, 800 mg. L-Proline, 10000 iu Vitamin-A, 850 iu. Vitamin-E as (d-alpha-tocopheryl and other vitamins.

I ordered some Ascorsine-9 which contains the same thing but also added 1000 mg. Chondroitin Sulfate CS/C and 1000 mg. Taurine.
Question is can I take the one with Chondroitin Sulfate and Taurine since I am on Brilinta?

Don't know HeartTechnology or Ascorsine-9. But the following is what Linus Pauling recommended in his '86 book just to maintain good health:

How to Live Longer and Feel Better

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 milligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

Therefore with a heart attack I would at least take all the highest doses recommended for some time. Additional the 6 g per day of l-lysine and up to 2 g proline. Vitamin D3 5000 IU/d in the beginning, after some months testing 25(OH)D serum levels and adjust doses to reach at least >60 ng/ml. A really high dose vitamin K product, like this one. A vitamin E product which contains the other isomers of vitamin E, like this one. Vitamin C in such high doses I would only take as pure ascorbic acid powders to avoid all the binders and fillers of pills and capsules.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by DiverDown2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:58 am

Thanks for the Detailed info. Would you mind looking at this and answer back.
I am not promoting Ascorsine-9, it is just what I have a years worth.

Here is the Ascorsine-9 formula in my total daily dosage.
Vitamin C = 6000 mg. (L-ascorbic acid)
L-Lysine = 6000 mg.
L-Proline = 1000 mg. ** "From the above info. I need to raise this to 2000mg. daily"**
Chondroitin Sulfate = 1000 mg.
L-Taurine = 1000 mg.
Vitamin A = 17000 iu. (retinyl palmitate)
Vitamin E = 844 iu. (as d-alpha-tocopheryl) **"Can I add Unique-E while taking this" ??? **
L-Arginine = 400 mg.
Vitamin B6 = 100 mg. (as pyridoxine HCI)
Magnesium = 150 mg. **"I also take 800 mg. Magnesium Glycinate"**
Creatine = 1688 mg.
Vitamin B2 = 6 mg. (as riboflavin)
Folic Acid = 800 mcg.
Stevia

From your Great post, It appears I definitely Need to more than Double my Vitamin C intake and add Bronson vitamin-mineral formula.
My 25 (OH)D serum level is 71 (I take 5000iu daily)
I take LEF Super K (new formula)
?????????????? **"Can I add Unique-E while taking this" ??? ** Vitamin E = 844 iu. (as d-alpha-tocopheryl)

thanks for you trouble it is appreciated!!!!!!!!!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 pm

I would definitely at least triple ascorbic acid powder intake (if tolerated). Nowadays I find LEFs two-per-day a very comprehensive multi, with all the vitamins and minerals in good doses and forms: https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins- ... y-Capsules

Great you're already taking 5000 IUs, and already reached a therapeutic level. As long as you tolerate it (loose bowel movements), higher magnesium intake is a great idea (I got up to 2.4 g of elemental oral Mg, still needed to get IVs to come out of a run-away Mg-deficiency).

Personally I would increase doses only gradually to see if you tolerate so much tocopherols. Maybe first try to find some lower dose product and only take a softgel every 2-3 days? Like for example this one: https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins- ... ocopherols

'Mixed' tocopherol products, which don't mention the amount of each tocopherol fractions, I wouldn't buy. Usually they contain mainly alpha tocopherol, with a few milligrams of the other tocopherols mixed in.

Really no-one can tell the exact doses, like for example for proline, we all have different biochemical individuality with different severe conditions. One has to experiment long-term to find the right doses oneself. Here for example what I needed to finally experience remission from a walking-disability from PAD after fighting it for 6 years: https://www.longecity.org/forum/stacks/ ... emissions/

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:53 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:I am not promoting Ascorsine-9, it is just what I have a years worth.

I would use the year's worth up and not reorder. The main offender for me would be folic acid. Because about 50% of the population have genetic defects, which doesn't allows them to metabolize this synthetic form of Vitamin B9 to the active methylfolate fully (via a 5 step reaction). Which can cause accumulation of the non-active folic acid in plasma, and even blocking folate receptors for the real active methylfolate. I would however also test homocysteine, which if borderline high, could mean B9 deficiency (also B6, B12, TMG, B2) despite of high folic acid intake, for above reason.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 am

pamojja, Thank you so much for your complete and informative answers.
I started today upping my dose of Vitamin C 2 G. a day till I get to 18 G. a day, and ordered all blood tests you stated.

I have one more question:
Since the product I am taking has 800 mcg. of folate, can I take LEF Two-Per-Day Capsules Super-potent multivitamin & mineral supplement which contains 400 mcg. folate in active form ?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by pamojja » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:05 am

DiverDown2 wrote:I have one more question:
Since the product I am taking has 800 mcg. of folate, can I take LEF Two-Per-Day Capsules Super-potent multivitamin & mineral supplement which contains 400 mcg. folate in active form ?

Obviously you didn't experience any negative symptoms from the 800 mcg of folic acid till now. In the beginning of supplementing 10 years ago I made the mistake of starting with folic acid too, and took even 1800 mcg for the whole first year. No bad symptoms in my case too. However, my high homocysteine showed folic acid isn't working, and therefore gradually added methylfolate. Now at 2.3 mg per day. Therefore I don't think the additional mere 400 mcg making much of a difference. To go sure you can go slow and introduce the Two-Per-Day at 1 capsule per day for a few weeks first.

Actually I now take only 1 capsule per day to not get too much of some nutrient I prefer to avoid at high doses, like beta-carotene. And add those nutrients needed at higher doses individually (3 caps of LEFs B-complex, magnesium, selenium, zinc, iodine, chromium, vitamin A, D, K etc.)

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#12  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:46 pm

Thanks Again!!!!!
I had a Carotid ultrasound yesterday, I will know the results tomorrow.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#13  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Here are my results from Ultrasound, let me know what you think. I am 5'7" 140 lbs. 69 years old.
Ultrasound Carotid Complete Bilateral Study
Findings:
The peak systolic velocity right internal carotid artery was 97 cm/seconds. The ICA to CCA ratio was 1.1 Antegrade flow present in right vertebral artery.
The peak systolic velocity left internal carotid artery was 88 cm/seconds. The ICA to CCA ratio was 0.71 Antegrade flow present in right vertebral artery.

Impression:
No hemodynamically significant stenosis either carotid artery. Mild bilateral mixed plaquing is present.

Note: My Lipoprotein(a level is 221 nmol/L My total Cholesterol is 153, HDL 39, LDL 77.
I think by Looking at this if my heart had been like my Carotid arteries I my not have had a Heart Attack.
Do you think the Lipoprotein(a is the culprit? for my heart attack?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:51 am

DiverDown2 wrote:Mild bilateral mixed plaquing is present.

.. I think by Looking at this if my heart had been like my Carotid arteries I my not have had a Heart Attack.

I think you have to include the dimensions of different arteries into the equation. Sadly your report doesn't mentiones the maximum carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT). In my case in 2012 it was 1.3 mm (<0.9 mm normal), it rose in only 3 years to 1.9 mm (probably due the set-back I experienced due to a severe chronic bronchitis in 2012), and since has been declining to 1 mm till last year.

Therefore my plaque decreased about 1 mm in the carotid artery, or about 45% in 3 years. Now my main stenosis is at my abdominal aorta bifucation at about 70-80% (due to much more difficult access for ultrasound or MRI, not a very precise number, as with the CIMT). Since the aorta is a tube of about 2 cm diameter, a 1 mm reduction there would not mean much difference to a solid ~1.6 calcified plaque, maybe only a 0.7% decrease.

Now the coronaries are the finest of these 3 kind of arteries, and a 1 mm reduction of plaque on either side of the diameter could as well mean completely cleared, 100%:

In my view there are too many reasons working in unison to create plaque once the endothelium is damaged, of which Lp(a) might be only one.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:47 am

Reviewing,

I am new to the Forum, 69 years old, 140 lbs. Have always ate extremely healthy, and exercised all my life.
This past Friday 06/07/2019 I had the worst chest pains i could imagine, my wife rushed me to the closest hospital, they took me in immediately, luckily they did, I went into Fatal Heart arrhythmia and flat lined, they shocked me back, and put in 3 medicated stints. Doc. says heredity.
I now take: Brilinta 90mg. Metoprolol, Crestor and 81 mg. aspirin. I also added 300 mg. Ubiquinol, K2, Vitamin D3.

Question, were you taking any medications prior to this heart attack?

And again, supported by the ultrasound, I would guess that your problem isn't related to stenosis - at least atherosclerosis, per your 5000 mg of vitamin C. Now I agree, you as an individual, may require more vitamin C. Dr. Wallace using retinal photos sees reversals starting AS LOW AS 5000 mg, but it sometimes require 10,000 mg..

Greetings,
We are using your product at our clinic and having demonstrated clinical success in reversing atherosclerosis (dosage is in range of 5000-10000 mg/ day). We are confirming the results with a capillary retinopathy diagnostic.

Thanks

Matt

If not too much manganese (or too little magnesium) then my next idea is to explore the drugs and medications you have been taking along with Heart Technology. Something caused your heart to cramp, perhaps even too little potassium or another electrolyte.

I do question the idea that 50% of the population has a serious enough genetic defect to not be able to tolerate folic acid, considering that folate is required for cell division etc. pamajjoa I'm sure you have references, but I wonder if it is something like the defect Hoffer describes regarding vitamin B3 (niacin?) Maybe 1/3 have it, but people react to the missing enzyme differently, ranging from ADHD to schizophrenia .

Because about 50% of the population have genetic defects, which doesn't allows them to metabolize this synthetic form of Vitamin B9 to the active methylfolate fully (via a 5 step reaction).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”