Observational study document

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

rainier

Observational study document

Post Number:#1  Post by rainier » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:52 am

After 4 years of using myself a guinea pig it is time to release the results.

You can download it as pdf here: www.mglavionics.co.za/UHT.pdf

In a nutshell: Quad bypass 18 years ago, half a dozen stents and heart attack since then, recommended for second bypass 4 years ago but refused.
Started my own research into what can be done, fixed the problem.
Ran first half marathon last week.

Enough said...

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Observational study document

Post Number:#2  Post by johnjackson » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:04 am

not enough said
but congrats on runnning a marathon.
if youd read linus pauling, you'd saveda lot of time

what is your lp(a) and cac score today?
and how mu ch vit k2 did you take? (1 pill)
9grams vit C

my comments
you say "take Lecithin "(sure? wont make a difference)
avoid CT scans, too much radiation...
page 8 were you say Arginine, no, Arginine has too many issues, take citrilline as explained here
https://www.peaktestosterone.com/Citrul ... efits.aspx

I skimmed at your 17 page report, very detailed, but most seems overkill to me
no you dont get proper nutrients with a "good diet"
-why is getting your hr high useful? YOu tell the report all the medical boooks you looked at, (no reason wHy) but didnt say why

why arent you on the best diet out there, the DASH DIET

why arent you eating more veggies that are high in nitrates to increase NItric oxide
Dr. Louis J. Ignarro and his book on Nitrix oxide is a must read for you,
https://www.amazon.com/More-Heart-Disea ... 0312335822
as well as this study
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/90/1/1/

why are you checking cholestrol so much? your liver makes tons of cholestrol

yes, yours dropped, a lot, but likely caused from losing weight more than anything else/
maybe niacin
maybe the vit C

cornary heart disease is not a complex problem, it is caused by lack of collagen and you fix that by taking enough vit C and lysine
and k2
following a Dash diet, (diet high in fruits/veggies) no dairy, low fat and you will beging to fix it(usually) hormones/root canals,both need attentiuon
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:34 am

Congratulation rainier! Very well done.

PS: never mind johnjackson, he is a know it all. But never confronted with anything close to the conditions you experienced - as a simpleton believing in one-size-fits-all - he would fail badly.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:04 am

Congrats! Now be careful when you write your book. I have a feeling that after David Leake had a similar experience to yours, and wrote the book THE PATENTED HEART DISEASE CURE THAT WORKS, he felt cured and stopped or cut down on the protocol. Unfortunately, all attempts to contact him failed.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by johnjackson » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 pm

pamojja wrote:C
never mind johnjackson, he is a know it all. But never confronted with anything close to the conditions you experienced - as a simpleton believing in one-size-fits-all - he would fail badly.

not at all, although I am sure from your viewpoint that is the best analysis you can come up with, glad you admitted you are a simpleton, I would not go as far as calling you names.
look at what the work done here and ask yourself, "isnt this pauling therapy?"
Yes, yes is, I see no difference save added k2....keep throwing out insults from your mom's basement :mrgreen:
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

rainier

Post Number:#6  Post by rainier » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 am

As the document suggests this is simply an observational (self) study.
It happens to have an extremely positive outcome and yes it is very much founded on ascorbic acid which is the foundation of the protocol and an indispensable ingredient. But it certainly is not the only one. Each of the ingredients is chosen based on existing research in complimentary fashion aimed at achieving an overall outcome. It certainly, in this case, has done just that. No more, no less.

In our country - and independently - it has resulted in a product that you can buy in most pharmaceutical retailers and chemists at reasonable cost. It is mentioned in the document. It has become fairly popular over the years even without any specific advertising or the like. If taken diligently and at the correct dose - it appears to be helping many. Sadly, there are no trails to prove this and likely there will never be.

For me personally - considering my pretty bad starting position - the question is not "does it work ?". The question that needs answering is "why does it work ?'. Even better: "Why did it work so incredibly well for me ?".
That is the reason I have released this paper - perhaps, and hopefully, it can help somebody else. Perhaps my story can convince somebody in the medical profession that matters to have a closer look. It's certainly causing my cardiologist to scratch his head just a little.

As for me - the story ends here. This is now behind me, I know of course that I need to stick to the protocol for the rest of my life - that's fine. Yesterday I signed up for my next half-marathon race and I am starting to think I can do a full marathon in a few months time and maybe a famous ultra-marathon a bit later. I don't know if that counts as proof of any kind - it does not matter.

As they say: Use it, don't use it...

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by confused1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:18 am

Congratulations!

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:54 am

rainier wrote:In our country - and independently - it has resulted in a product that you can buy in most pharmaceutical retailers and chemists at reasonable cost. It is mentioned in the document. It has become fairly popular over the years even without any specific advertising or the like.

Which country? A few comments about the product you're using from your PDF:

Vitamin C as ascorbic acid (pure ascorbic): 9000mg.
Vitamin A: 7mg
Vitamin B6: 150mg
Vitamin E: 900mg
Folic acid: 1200mg
L-Arginine: 600mg
L-Lysine: 9000mg
L-Proline: 1500mg

Therefore it seems you take 3 sachets of this product daily: http://www.cholesterolease.com/, which states as its ingredients:

Vitamin A: 2.27mg
Vitamin B6: 50mg
Vitamin C: 3000mg
Vitamin E (50%): 282mg
Folic acid: 400mg
L-Arginine: 200mg
L-Lysine: 3000mg
L-Proline: 500mg

One always has to read ingredients list on products very carefully! Since this product contains a 50% vitamin E powder, you're actually getting with your daily dose 423mg of vitamin E only. A big deficit of that product-page is, that it actually doesn't mentions in which chemical forms these ingredients are. Vitamin A could be as Beta-carotene, which one study found only gets converted in about 50% of a study population into active vitamin A. Same with folic acid, a synthetic form of vitamin B9, which many with a gene defect can't convert into active folate in the body (some do). Some are worried that taking the alpha-tocopherol form of vitamin E only, can deplete all 7 other isomers of vitamin E in the long run. And therefore balance the intake of alpha-tocopherol by also taking it with gamma-tocopherol and tocotrienols. Just to point out possible shortcomings of this product for other readers. Are the aminos bound to hcl? - as they usually are, which would take about 20% away from weights again. Though this product obviously served you personally very well till now.

In my case much higher ascorbic acid, arginine and B6, methylfolate and retinol instead of folic acid and beta-carotene was needed. Doses are a very individual thing, as you mention in your PDF too. To get the right amount,s bulk-powder providers of nutrients are much better for targeted supplementation, and much more economical too. For example: https://purebulk.com/, https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/, or https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/

Additionally you seem to take:

Lecithin granules, one table spoon. This one is important, don't skip it.
LinSeed (FlaxSeed), one tea spoon.
Niacin 1000mg (Vitamin B3). Do NOT take the “flush free” - that does absolutely nothing.
Magnesium glycinate 1000mg
Omega 3 1000mg
Vitamin D3 in liquid form (two drops).
Vitamin K2 in the MK-7 form. 100 mcd (Micrograms). Once daily.

In cases you mention, my successful doses are much higher again. Though I never had any bypass, but a 80% stenosis in my aorta causing a 60% walking-disabilty instead. Like daily 3g lecithin. Tablespoon flax seed. 3g Niacin. 1.7g of elemental magnesium (again, always read the label! 1000mg of magnesium glycinate contains 100mg!!! of elemental magnesium only. The rest ist Glycine), 3.8g of EPA/DHA content from fish-oil. 7700 IU vitamin D3. K2-mk7 400 mcg/K2-mk4 14mg/K1 4mg. All in average during the last 11 years. I experienced complete remission from the walking-disabilty only 4 years ago.

The Linus Pauling's recommentations - addtional to 6 g/d of lysine against CVD - in his '86 book were:

How to Live Longer and Feel Better

• Take vitamin C every day, 6 grams to 18 g (6000 to 18,000 milligrams), or more. Do not miss a single day.
  • Take vitamin E every day, 400 IU, 800 IU, or 1600 IU.
  • Take one or two Super-B tablets every day, to provide good amounts of the B-vitamins.
  • Take 25,000 IU vitamin A tablet every day.
  • Take a mineral supplement every day, such as one tablet of the Bronson vitamin-mineral formula, which provides 100 mg of calcium, 18 mg of iron, 0.15 mg of iodine, 1 mg of copper, 25 mg of magnesium, 3 mg of manganese, 15 mg of zinc, 0.015 mg of molybdenum, 0.015 mg of chromium, and 0.015 mg of selenium.
  • Keep your intake of ordinary sugar (sucrose, raw sugar, brown sugar, honey) to 50 pounds per year, which is half the present U.S. average. Do not add sugar to tea or coffee. Do not eat high-sugar foods. Avoid sweet desserts. Do not drink soft drink.
  • Except for avoiding sugar, eat what you like - but not too much of any one food. Eggs and meat are good foods. Also you should eat some vegetables and fruits. Do not eat so much food as to become obese.
  • Drink plenty of water every day.
  • Keep active; take some exercise. Do not at any time exert yourself physically to an extent far beyond what you are accustomed to.
  • Drink alcoholic beverages only in moderation.
  • Do not smoke cigarettes.
  • Avoid stress. Work at a job that you like. Be happy with your family.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by DiverDown2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:57 am

You were asked about a CAC score,
My Cardiologist told me since I had bypass surgery, it would not do any good to have that test and he refused to order it, Because the bypassed area would show up and cause a very high score.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”