how respond

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

how respond

Post Number:#1  Post by johnjackson » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:39 am

First, you  will notice that the reference article you first sent me on lipoprotein a is attached to a website that wants to sell you products to protect you from the dangers of lpa. Without mentioning it, the paper is focused primarily on the thromboembolic form of arteriosclerosis which has triggered the clotting cascade, subsequently resulting in heart attacks. Secondly, you will note that it mentions that “adequate” amounts of vitamin C are protective from lpa, yet never defines what adequate amounts are. USDA adequate, or Linus Pauling adequate?                   Mentally, I lump lipoproteins along with lipids and cholesterol as contributors to plaque formation. Is one more important than the other? Maybe, but I don’t have heavily vested feelings about it either way. I consider them all contributory, because when you take a histological section through a plaque and do special stains, you can find all these products, along with various inflammatory cells. Will megadoses of Vit C prevent plaque formation? Maybe. But I doubt the mechanism is through increased collagen production; I would suspect in enhances antioxidant mechanisms and increases or optimizes phagocytosis in white blood cells instead.                   I concur that Linus Pauling was a smart guy—smarter than me, certainly. But many researchers disagreed with his findings. They are also smarter than me. So who’s right? I don’t know.

the above was sent to me in response to me asking asking him(medical school phyisiology teacher) about Pauling therapy and why can't medicine cure heart disease

so how does lp(a) play a role in CAD?
-from my understanding Lp(a) is it is a surrogate for collagen, when arteries(made mostly of collagen) need repair, and there is no AA to make collagen, then lp(a) is used, or you might bleed
I know Pauling says Lp(a) is a surrogate for ascorbate, but ascoobae isnt doing anything in the body alone....

Arent plaques made up of Lp(a)?
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”