Doc advising against ascorbic acid

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Doc advising against ascorbic acid

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:21 am

Hello,

My doctor doesn't want me to take 2,500 mg of Vitamin C every day which is what is in the Cardio-C. She says too much C will make my system too acidic. I was wondering if that is true of the Vitamin C in Cardio-C ? Which product of your Vitamin C is not acidic? I would like to switch to a non-acidic one so my doctor will be happy.

Please let me know which product would work for me and can you switch my orderover to that one?

Thank you.
K.K. (female/Canada)

Happy doctors are a good thing, of course, but this particular attitude is contrary to the late World Expert on vitamin C, Linus Pauling. The best reference is the 1986 book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, and per our initial reaction (below), vitamin C in its common form, ascorbic acid, is a mild acid on the order of a cola drink.

You can take alkaline forms of vitamin C, but the bulk of our experience and success with heart disease is with the ascorbic form of vitamin C, per these testimonials: https://vitaminccures.com/blog/index.ph ... timonials/

Another interesting twist from the Anthony William Medical Medium series is the notion that we read urine pH tests backward. When the urine is acidic, it doesn't mean the body is acidic. In fact, it means the body is expelling acid and turning more alkaline.

standard response wrote:we are in a pickle as we sell vit c and so cannot, even casually, suggest medical advice pertaining to it as it is a conflict of interest ... also, it matters if you are taking the Cardio-C to try the Pauling Therapy for arterial sclerosis -or are just supplementing in general?

Either way, I would say, as an ignorant layman, that whatever ph is ingested doesn't necessarily translate to the body's general ph and remember that the stomach's hydrochloric acid, which one absolutely needs to digest food properly, is many orders of magnitude more acidic than ascorbic acid. What goes in the gut doesn't necessarily translate to what goes into the body after being digested.

Also, if you are just supplementing, then we sell a non-acidic buffered c called Cathcart's sodium ascorbate and you may also add some baking soda to the ascorbic acid drink to make your own sodium ascorbate, but we've found the plain aa version might be more effective for Pauling's Therapy.

I will forward this to the man who wrote the book to see his input.

Best
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Doc advising against ascorbic acid

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:08 am

Coincidentally, the universe directed me to another GREAT book, GET OFF YOUR ACID

https://www.amazon.com/Get-Off-Your-Acid-Inflammation/dp/0738219924/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=get+off+your+acid&qid=1579964386&s=books&sr=1-3

Thanks to Medical Medium and The Fat Switch books, it is clear that author Daryl Gioffre is a genuine expert. Personally, and for the first time, I understand what it means to alkalize the body, and why an unhealthy body will become acidic and drain minerals trying to buffer that acidity. I was especially impressed by Dr. Gioffre's knowledge that when the urine pH is acidic, it means the body is expelling acids! (As the Medical Medium explains) and that after the body alkalizes, the urine pH will over time become less acidic. And the knowledge that the saliva pH is close to the blood pH is helpful.

The GET OFF YOUR ACID book reinforces the FAT SWITCH (anti sugar - really, anti Fructose, anti Uric Acid) material, and clearly explains how to reduce the acidity that can lead to chronic illness. From the reading, there is little worry that vitamin C will make the body (blood) more acidic. And the way to deal with acidity is to a) eat alkalizing food (rather than foods that create acid in the blood) and b) supplement the minerals the body needs to buffer the acidity.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Doc advising against ascorbic acid

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:18 am

Thank you so much. My library has a few copies of this book. I reserved a copy and will start reading it as soon as possible.

I really appreciate your help.

My doctor has been checking my saliva and urine monthly and it is not acidic and she's afraid all this Vitamin C will turn it acidic. But if what this information is telling me is true, I'm hoping that won't happen.

Thank you again for your wonderful customer service.

That's wonderful and means that you have the ideal way to see whether the vitamin C really turns your body acidic! pH tests, and you can easily monitor the urine with a pH strip yourself.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”