Teeth/Feet sensitive/burning on Cardio-C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Teeth/Feet sensitive/burning on Cardio-C

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:51 am

After taking Cardio-C for approx. 2 months (x2 servings per day), my teeth became very sensitive and I noticed odd burning sensations in my feet. This was occurring even though I had rinsed my teeth after each Cardio-C dose. I also did not reach bowel tolerance on this dose. I've since stopped taking the cardio C and after 2 weeks, my teeth are no longer as sensitive (I also increased my mineral supplementation - MinCol product from Carey Reams).

This is an unusual report.

I know that Dr. Cathcart reversed his early concern about getting the "acidic" vitamin C on teeth. In fact, the best way to prevent dental carries (cavities), as dentists began to report in the 1950s, is to take at least 3, and better 6 grams of vitamin C daily. So having some "lost nerve" function return to your teeth, and perhaps even your feet, due to an increased vitamin C intake, is not necessarily a bad thing. People who begin vitamin C experience all sorts of "detox" reactions as their immune system wakes up. They go away. Pauling covers this remarkably well in his book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER (1986). I do understand that our great protector - our unconscious - is monitoring thousands of metabolic systems and is always ready to generate an alarm after a major change. I think reading Pauling's book should put any of these fears aside.

Having said that, we have been told that maybe 15% of the population may react to the Stevia (flavoring). One way to find out is to take vitamin C and lysine separately as pure powders (not pills with fillers). If you still have these sensitives, it is likely vitamin C (and lysine) improving your immune response and nerve function. In this case there would be no reason to avoid stevia, and you could go back to Cardio-C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”