My LP-inspired preventative regimen

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Robert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My LP-inspired preventative regimen

Post Number:#1  Post by Robert » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:55 am

I'm a 55 year old male; I decided to go whole food plant-based vegan at the beginning of 2020.

I had a heart scare last year following an intensive weight loss diet, racing arrythmias, absurd blood pressure readings, etc.. I think I upset my electrolytes with some daft advice about drinking a US gallon of water daily and just going too low calorie and training too hard. Regardless, I found myself here. I'm well now (I hope) and won't ever try to lose weight at that speed again. I was discharged by my cardiologist and advised that my longevity would be dependent on keeping active into old age: advice for everyone. BMI is now 25.5, I want to lose 14 lbs in the long term.

Recent blood tests (dramatically affected by plant-based diet), TC was 200-210 in old tests.
Total Cholesterol 139 mg/dl.
LDL 79
HDL 42 (Middling obv. but the TC/HDL ration is 3.33 which is good)
Triglycerides 94.
I had an extremely full bloods panel done but those are the lipids.

Here is the preventative regimen I follow.

My supplements:-
A product called LP5 by Hellenia sold in my country, LP meaning Linus Pauling, 3 drinks a day for a total of
Vitamin C 6g 7500% they say :wink:
L-Proline 3g
L-Lysine 3g
L-Glysine 3g
Hydrolised Marine Collagen 2.25g
It has rice bran in it too.

Vegan essentials:
B12 Cyanocobalamin 50 mcg
Vitamin D3 2,000 iu
Omega-3 Algae oil DHA+EPA 450 mg (I also take a tablespoon of flaxseed daily)

For Bones (I supplement my green leafy vegetable intake to get to 1,000 mg total; as a plant-eater I think my calcium needs are a bit different from the general advice):
500 mg Calcium, 250 mg Magnesium
Super K (to get the calcium out of my bloodstream into my bones)

Miscellaneous:
Aged Black Garlic 2,400 mg
Ubiquinol 300 mg
Cranberry Extract 400 mg

Side note: I've just started my elderly mother on the aforementioned LP5 Linus Pauling inspired cocktail. She has been recently diagnosed with CHD. She took 1 g Vitamin C down the years that sadly doesn't seem to have helped her.

Regards

Robert

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: My LP-inspired preventative regimen

Post Number:#2  Post by DiverDown2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:05 am

Just my opinion, I would add more magnesium, you might want to take another look at taking a Calcium Supplement, you get plenty in plant base diet. Not sure you want to add more even though you take D3 and Super K. Maybe think about Unique E Folic Acid and B6.

Robert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Robert » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:17 am

Thanks, I'll read up on those. I could add 500 mg Magnesium to the Cal Mag?

Robert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Robert » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:45 am

I have stopped my vegan diet after two months and the minimised cholesterol readings I guess will drift away: kind of sad. I've struggled about 20 times with some quite nasty pains in the diaphragm area, not my heart. I think I overdid it with lectins, gluten and indigestible fibre. Gluten had done this to me in the past (I think) but not on daily basis. Last night inspired by a testimony by Sir John Mills CBE I ate meat,
My first meal, which I remember with gratitude, was a thin minute steak, a large mixed salad and a small glass of claret. From that moment I have never looked back.

I drove to the supermarket in pain and despair and now 15 hours later I am pain-free.

Update on Vitamin C. I am taking a UK Linus Pauling-inspired formula with 6 g of AA. I just got a 5 kg plus order of pure Vitamin C powder. And I have a bedtime bottle of time-release Vitamin C tablets for keeping my levels up through the night.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”