DMSO/MSM

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: DMSO/MSM

Post Number:#31  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:59 am

To you also monitor most basic labs (electrolites, CBC, thyroid, liver, kidney,...), along with essential minerals? No vitamin A or E?

For example in my case only above 20,000 IU of preformed vitamin A ceased infrequent psoriasis outbreaks (I do of course monitor blood-levels).
I needed at least 2 g/d of elemental oral magnesium to alleviate very pain-full muscle-cramps from deficiency. Only almost monthly Mg-sulfate IVs ceased the cramps after the 6th. Now after the 23rd IV, whole-blood Mg test still shows deficient. Too many neglected body-compartments still to fill.
Taking till now in average 50 mg of Zinc (still increasing) for 11 years didn't improve my deficient blood zinc levels.
300 mcg of selenium and 600 mcg of chromium did.
Only 200 mg of vitamin B6 restored sufficiency. Therefore take more than 1 B-complex, and many Bs individually additional at higher doses.
LEF 2 per day would give me too much manganese. Therefore only take 1 per day.

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#32  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:27 am

Thanks for the manganese tip. I will cut back on the 2 per day Vitamin+ Minerals and add another B-Complex to make up the B6.
Yes I have labs done 4 x year for electrolytes, CBC, thyroid, liver, kidney, thyroid. I take 30 mg. Armour Thyroid in the AM.

Yes I take Unique E, but I do not get near that amount of Vitamin A ( only what is in the
B-Complex and Heart Tech + Ascorsine-9 = 200 mg. B6

Lone Dog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#33  Post by Lone Dog » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:01 am

eDOC says DMSO would do 90% of the job. I think that would be enough for most people. It sounds preferable to sourcing & taking handfuls of supplements and vitamins which probably don't work, anyway.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#34  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:12 am

Lone Dog wrote:eDOC says DMSO would do 90% of the job. I think that would be enough for most people. It sounds preferable to sourcing & taking handfuls of supplements and vitamins which probably don't work, anyway.

In my case it did the job. And there are many other testimonies on the web. I'm still waiting to see the first testimony which confirms eDOC's claim.

Though would love it worked too. My only doubt is that a single substance can correct multiple deficiencies which contributed in my case. Unless the 10% do make up for that.

In any case, be the first to write a testimony if its works.
Last edited by pamojja on Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#35  Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:49 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:Thanks for the manganese tip. I will cut back on the 2 per day Vitamin+ Minerals and add another B-Complex to make up the B6.

Wait a minute, I just gave examples what responding to one's own bio-chemical individuality could entail. Copying my approach without any reasons, could have worse outcomes for you. Without any sign of B6 deficiency, why you would you want to increase?

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#36  Post by DiverDown2 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:46 am

pamojja
Owen told me months ago, to watch manganese, your post just refreshed my memory, I have been taking 200mg. B6 for a while, and by rearranging those pills I still get the 200mg. B6. I got the amount to take from reading Dr Suzman's recommendation and labs, for patients that had a Heart Attack.

Anyway I have been taking DMSO and if it works, I will be the First and Best Testimonial person eDoc has ever had.
I have been on it for since 5/13/2020, I took 3ml. for 2 weeks then worked my way up to 20ml. for 7 days, then worked back down to 3ml. daily.
I do feel better taking, and you don't know how much I am trusting eDoc is correct. I would take the 90% and be thrilled!
If it works I will prove it by posting Scans EF's and Cardiologist reports so everyone can see eDoc is the man.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#37  Post by pamojja » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:53 am

DiverDown2 wrote: I still get the 200mg. B6. I got the amount to take from reading Dr Suzman's recommendation and labs, for patients that had a Heart Attack.

If it works I will prove it by posting Scans EF's and Cardiologist reports so everyone can see eDoc is the man.

Be aware that pyridoxine can cause neuropathy. Till now thought it rather rare below 500 mg per day. But behold, last year LEF decreased all B6 (usually half/half pyridoxine and pyridoxal) in their EU-products to 20 mg per full day dose due to stupid EU regulations. Thereby suddenly dropping my intake far below my usual 200 mg/d (pyridoxine and pyridoxal, half/half). Waiting for a shipment of more pyridoxal, I usued an old long expired pyridoxine I had, to up the dose to usual levels. Within a month experienced for the first time in 11 years of supplementation a neuropathy in my left arm. Meanwhihle met on a other forum a person which experiences neuropathy with any amount of pyridoxine, and has to exclusively use pyridoxal instead.

The problem of course, if you happen to be the first to report success with DSMO, you wont be the first who had success with Pauling therapy and additional DSMO. Inpossible in this succession to know if it would have without Pauling therapy too.

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#38  Post by farside » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:12 am

eDOC wrote:
farside wrote:I have found 50% topical DMSO to help in feeling better on those days when feeling somehow 'off'.

Ever given a thought why you feel better.....scientific logic reasoning behind it?
All members here are well read, I only know how to treat and cure.

eDOC!!

I can't say for sure, but DMSO is reported to help reverse arterial disease, so that may be what is happening - improving blood flow. I do PT as well. Applying the DMSO also seems to calm me down a bit. Feels like I am being oxygenated. I don't know the actual mechanism by which it works - I need to do some research. (Sorry about the late reply!)

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#39  Post by DiverDown2 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 pm

pamojja
You may be on to something about me from taking 200mg. B6 daily, I have tingling in my left hand and fingers most of the time, feels like when you lay on your hand and it goes to sleep.
I will try cutting back on B6 for a couple weeks and see if the tingling goes away, Or is a couple weeks long enough to see a change?
I looked up Tower Labs Products and LEF Products both are in pyridoxine.
thanks for the replies.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#40  Post by pamojja » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:59 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:pamojja
You may be on to something about me from taking 200mg. B6 daily, I have tingling in my left hand and fingers most of the time, feels like when you lay on your hand and it goes to sleep.
I will try cutting back on B6 for a couple weeks and see if the tingling goes away, Or is a couple weeks long enough to see a change?.

Took 1 month for the neuropathy in my left arm to became less. And after the hind of that person on the other forum (totally intolerant of any pyridoxine, giving her neuropathy already after 1 week of 100mg) upped my pyridoxal again (shipment meanwhile arrived). An other month later its still less, but also not completely gone yet.

Its really curious you only experience it in the left hand like me!

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#41  Post by farside » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Hi eDOC,

Many thanks for your suggestions eDOC!

A scan after 6 months of PT showed no change in my carotid blockage - see
http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57696#p57696

My history is in that thread, main points are:

Stroke was a thrombotic event. Symptoms disappeared quickly, but MRI showed a small infarc in the brain.
Ultrasound scan plus CT/dye showed 65% stenosis in the left carotid. Right carotid remains 100% clear.
I have been asked to do a echocardiogram, not had the opportunity to do this yet.
I exercise regulary (with weights) and eat a vegetarian diet with occasional eggs and fish.
Blood pressure is good (~110 / 70)

I'm now wondering what else I can do to clear out this stubborn blockage!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#42  Post by eDOC » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 pm

farside, you're welcome!

What you are doing IMPO, is not enough.
You need to go on a custom treatment plan with DMSO and some other supplements, sooner the better.
Needs lots of details besides posted.
Don't expect much alone with PT.
Did you ever have an ECHO?

Good luck.
Regards!
eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#43  Post by eDOC » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:00 pm

As a Neurologist once a person suffers an episode of Stroke, irrespective of how good he/she takes care of the underlying cause (CVD/CAD/Diabetes) is likely to suffer from another within 24-36 months. That's conventional med and what have witnessed.

But not any more...now one could be totally protected and underlying cause well controlled and reversed. Reversal varies from individual to individual.

Hello again fairside,

I sent you a PM you have my personal contact info, (still am facing notification issues), IF ALL fail feel free to contact.

Have a great evening!
eDOC!!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

farside
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#44  Post by farside » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi eDOC,

It is rather scary to think I may get another episode.

I'll contact you soon - rather busy right now, as having to sell house!

Did you ever have an ECHO?

Not yet.

Treating arterio or athero or combined, are 180 degree apart

Could you explain the difference between the arterio and athero conditions?

farside.

PS.
What do you think of this:
https://www.invasivecardiology.com/news/cyclodextrin-dissolves-cholesterol-crystals-so-they-can-be-excreted-body-reduces-arterial-wall
Last edited by farside on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilj777

Post Number:#45  Post by ilj777 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:01 pm

Can I add 99.99% DMSO to my 60g Vitamin C IV, and what dose?
Or do I have to do it separately?

Thanks

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”