I just had a heart attack after being on 7.5 grams per day of Cardio C for 10 months.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

I just had a heart attack after being on 7.5 grams per day of Cardio C for 10 months.

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:50 am

Hi Owen,

This is extremely depressing as I’ve had a heart attack 9 years ago, a bypass 4 years ago and now another heart attack after 10 months on Cardio C. I’ve read so many success stories and the science seems so good behind the Pauling therapy but it didn’t work for me. I’m heart-broken because this was a last straw effort for me.

Can you offer me any hope?

Yes, very distressing. If you don't mind providing as much information about your case as possible, and answering some questions, we'll try to make an educated guess about what may have happened, and the best way forward.

First you say 7.5 grams of "Cardio-C". I assume you mean 3 scoops, or 7.5 grams of vitamin C, 7.5 grams of Lysine.

In our experience, this should be sufficient dosage of lysine, but some people require more vitamin C, depending on their diet and metabolism.

What was the diagnosis and what procedures did you have during the last hospitalization?

What drugs are you prescribed and taking?

Are you taking other supplements (e.g. vitamin E, magnesium, vitamin K, etc.)?

In the past, we infer from negative reports that there are several issues can get in the way of the Pauling therapy working as advertised.

Dosage: Seems unlikely low dosage is the issue in your case, but I would consider increasing vitamin C. (These heart attacks invariably occur after people stop the therapy).

Fiber w/VitaminC&Lysine: People who were taking fiber along with their Vitamin C/lysine found no angina relief until they separated the fiber and took it separately. (The theory is that the fiber leached to the vitamin C/lysine nutrients, preventing them from being absorbed properly)

Dental Infection: Dr. Levy and others think that dental infections (e.g. root canals) create such a drain on vitamin C, that ordinary amounts cannot work. Like smoking, dental infections "use up" vitamin C in the body. Reminds me,

What is your total cholesterol ?

Are you diabetic?

Are you on a low-carb (ketogenic) diet?

Regarding the last question, counter-intuitively, the Medical Medium information implies that nutrients must have insulin in the blood before they are absorbed, e.g. there must be "natural" sugars eaten along with supplements ( generating the insulin response by the pancreas.)

If you have any other information that you think might be relevant, we are "all ears."

Again, sorry for your difficulty. The good news is that you are able to send us email!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: I just had a heart attack after being on 7.5 grams per day of Cardio C for 10 months.

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:09 am

Hi Owen,

Please see the attached supplement list that will answer some of the questions below.

I’ve taken 3 scoops of Cardio C per day for the last 10+ months, each scoop on an empty stomach with powders.

I’ve had chest pains for the last three and a half years (8 months after my bypass) and finally decided to spend the extra money to take Cardio C. I had read all of the Pauling literature and was convinced I’d finally be healed.

I was having severe chest pains all day on Friday, July 10, 2020 and decided to head to the ER at 9:30 pm. The diagnosis was that my bypass had failed on the rights side, due to lack of statins they say, so they placed two stents on my right side and proceeded to belittle me (during the procedure) for not taking statins.

I had not been taking any drugs prior to the procedure but am now taking only Plavix because they scared me into believing my stents would restenosis without it.

Again, my Cardio C is taken three times per day on an empty stomach.

I’ve been tested for dental infections and had all my root canals (and amalgams) removed three years ago per the request of my Functional Medicine Doctor.

Total Cholesterol – 234 (HDL 49 & LDL 165)

I’m not diabetic but my blood sugar tested 107

I’m not on a Ketogenic diet per se, but do restrict my carb intake.

I take my supplements with beet juice powder that has some sugars as well as Nutridyn fruits and greens powder that also has some natural sugars.

Let me know what else you need as I want answers as bad as you do (maybe more).

J.

note: Supplement list looks terrific. If you send it as a text file I'll add it to this post.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: I just had a heart attack after being on 7.5 grams per day of Cardio C for 10 months.

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:21 am

I was having severe chest pains all day on Friday, July 10, 2020 and decided to head to the ER at 9:30 pm. The diagnosis was that my bypass had failed on the rights side, due to lack of statins they say, so they placed two stents on my right side and proceeded to belittle me (during the procedure) for not taking statins.

Total Cholesterol – 234 (HDL 49 & LDL 165)

I infer by "failed" that means their bypass closed and cut down the blood supply to your heart. Your supplements are excellent, and while we do know that 40% of all cardiac bypasses experience restenosis, which is a healing process by the way, as is all atherosclerosis, with your new stents, I would increase my vitamin C with the objective of lowering my total cholesterol to less than 200 mg/dl. I suspect your general issue is that you have an increased metabolic requirement for vitamin C.

I would not stop vitamin C and lysine (or any of the supplements you are taking. Given the statins, I would probably increase my CoQ10)

We know (from Pauling's book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER (1986), in the section on Ginter/Cholesterol, that with optimal vitamin C intake, cholesterol normalizes to 180 mg/dl. Your 230+ mg/dl indicates that you require more vitamin C.

If it were me, the only change I would make is to increase vitamin C. Either by adding vitamin C powder to the Cardio-C drink. or perhaps by adding liposomal vitamin C to my regimen, depending on bowel tolerance. I'd find out what my bowel tolerance is for vitamin C. If you did so, I would expect that you could add at least an additional 10,000 mg (10 g) daily.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by DiverDown2 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 am

Don't mean to mess with your post, but your problem is almost identical to what happened to me.
Here is a copy from my post about Heart Attack 13 months ago,

13 Months Followup Report after Heart Attack

Post Number:#1 Post by DiverDown2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:44 am
I am 5'7" weigh 140 lbs. Age 71.
12 Years ago I had a Double Bypass, (though I was eating correct and exercising)

I had a Heart Attack June 7th. 2019, they had to shock me back, and put in 3 Medicated Stents. Had to take Brilinta, which I did for 11 months.

9 months before my Heart Attack I learned about this site, and started taking Heart Tech 4 Scoops daily. ( 6 G. Vitamin-C, 6 G. Lysine, 1 G. Proline.)

Afterwards I posted about it on this Site and the Moderators suggested I Start taking the Maximum of Pauling's Protocol. (18 G. C, 9 G. Lysine, 2 G. L-Proline. divided throughout the day. + Unique E and a few other supplements. Including 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil daily.)
I stopped eating Sugar and Refined Carbs. and doubled my Vegies. and cut out Dairy.

On May 15 2020 I started taking DMSO after reading eDoc postings about it.

I had an Echo Treadmill July 7th. 2020 and went the Full 12 minutes, passed, and Cardiologist said you have a Strong Heart.

I requested he perform a Cardiac catheterization. to see if what I had been taking was making a difference. which he did on July 10th.
Results = All Arteries and even the 3 Medicated Stents were PERFECTLY CLEAN (Cardiologist words not mine).
He said with these results, they did Not recommend another Echo Treadmill for 5 years, but I asked we do one every 2 years, he agreed to.
Cardiologist was amazed how clean everything was, but never asked what I did.

The reason I am posting this is to maybe give others hope that after all the above, you can do something about Heart Disease.
And I want to Thank the moderators, eDoc and others that have replied to my posts.

P.S. I needed way more than I was taking of Vitamin-C and others listed above.
If you care to you can search my posts and see when I originally posted about Heart Attack and also the 13 Month Followup, and see where I messed up to start and when corrected it proves you can clean up Heart Disease.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 am

Thank you for your input! In summary, you credit what exactly? i.e., more vitamin C or the addition of DMSO for turning things around.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 am

By the way, I think I forgot to mention that I’ve had all of my amalgams and root canals removed as suggested by a functional medicine doctor right after my bypass.

I’m not taking any statins, only Plavix until I can quit.

I believe I’ve reached my Vitamin C tolerance limit as I’ve had extremely loose bowels consistently for the last 5 or 6 months.

I don’t plan on stopping Cardio C but have discovered a Cardiologist named Lester Morrison who did extensive studies on heart disease several years back using Chondroitin Sulfate that are quite remarkable. In desperation, I’ve added this to my supplement list, however I will have to discontinue taking some of them because I just can’t afford them any longer. My wages have been cut by 25% and I’m facing a possible furlough, I’m staring at another $7,000 out-of-pocket hospital bill and my wife is facing the high probability of losing her tiny small business

Tough situation. You obviously require more vitamin C but cannot tolerate it.

From my knowledge, things you can do to amplify your vitamin C (make less do more).

#1. Reduce dietary fat (fat blocks C/glucose entry into cells)
#2 Eat a banana (or take raw honey) with your vitamin C (to get natural sugars that are required to induce insulin response)
#3 Try smaller vitamin C (Cardio-C) dosages more frequently. I think optimum is 500-1000 mg (1/5 - 2/5 scoop) every 3-4 hours
#4 Add Ester-C (if you can get it) as the supplemental (extra) vitamin C. For some reason, a much smaller amount of Ester-C goes a longer way.
#5. Read Anthony Wiliam's book CELERY JUICE and follow the protocol. Half of celery juice's medicinal power is said to be its "methylated" vitamin C that "does not require processing by the liver to be useful to the rest of the body."

Have you read
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8f16/2 ... 4b93a8.pdf
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 am

Owen, I credit You, pamajja, johnjackson and eDoc,
Back when I had my Heart Attack, posts under Topic,( Had Heart Attack on Friday) The above people Said I should take the Maximum amount of Pt. and add Unique E, Ester-C and some other supplements which are listed under the above mentioned post.
When eDoc talked about DMSO enhancing absorption of whatever it came in contact with, I started taking Orally DMSO right before taking my AM Ascorsine-9 and Powdered Vitamin-C. Plus I used the dynamic flow (which states to take in divided doses throughout the 24hr. period).
But without this Site, I would have never know about any way to correct Heart Disease!!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”