Trying to lower Lpa and cholesterol but getting worse

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

cylon75

Trying to lower Lpa and cholesterol but getting worse

Post Number:#1  Post by cylon75 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:15 am

I have started PT 1.5 years ago. I have Type 1 Diabetes.

Blood pressure is around 128/85.
I am a little bit overweight (6 Kg) after my health went downhill at the end last year.
Had severe sleeping problems for years, diagnosed with sleep apnea in the last few months. Got a CPAP. It's going better now.
I have allergic reactions to the bad air here. Woodsmoke, sigarettes, parfum etc. Have an appointment with my lung doctor in a week.
Had also much mucus in my throat and even some fever in the last weeks. Difficult to breathe sometimes. Had covid-19 tested and was negative.

My cholesterol has been high since diagnosed with diabetes 14 years ago. Was not tested before that.
High cholesterol is running in the family including my father. He had a hearth attack 9 years ago.

I could not stand the statins. Have had ezetimibe for years but cholesterol is still high.
Have been tested for FH but tested negative. Doctor still wants me to have PCKS9 injections, but I don't want them.
He does not want to find the cause.

I hoped that my cholesterol would have improved with PT by now, so that I can refuse the PCKS9 injections more easily.

Got a lipoprint last year and had it checked again last week.

My values were much worse.

Name Last year Now
oxLDL 55.0 137,8 ng/ml
Lpa 123,20 170,4 nmol/l
hsCRP <1 3,49 mg/l
Total Cholesterol 360 282 mg/dl
Triglyceride 76 114 mg/dl
HDL 81 88 mg/dl
LDL 208 268 mg/dl
LDL/HDL ratio 2,56 3,04

LDL1 66 62 mg/dl
LDL2 38 81 mg/dl
LDL3 11 43 mg/dl
LDL4 3 26 mg/dl
LDL5 0 9 mg/dl
LDL6 0 1 mg/dl
LDL7 0 0 mg/dl

LDL3 to 7 seem to be the bad ones.
It seems I have a low-grade infection somewhere, maybe related to my lung problems.

I take the following supplements per day

Doctor's Best, High Absorption Magnesium 100% Chelated with Albion Minerals (2x 200mg)
Koncentrated K, 25 mg of MK-4, 0.5 mg of MK-7, 5 mg of K1 and 2 mg of Astaxanthin.
Now Foods, Alpha Lipoic Acid 600 mg
Now Foods , Vitamin D-3 5000 IU (2x)
Now Foods , Vitamin A 25000 IU
Now Foods, Ashwagandha, 450 mg
Now Foods, L-Carnitine (2x 500 mg)
Now Foods, Niacin 500 Mg (2x)
Vitals Every day Multivitamin
Solgar, Zinc picolinate 22 mg (2x)
B12 - Hydroxocobalamine HCI (0,5mg/ml) (injection every 3 weeks)
Ortholon, Jodiol 750 (1x)
Natural Factors, Hi Potency B Complex (2x)
Source Naturals, L-Proline Powder (2x 2 gram)
Nature's Life, L-Lysine Powder (2x 3 gram)
Kyolic, Aged Garlic Extract, Cardiovascular, Formula 100 (2x 300mg)
Unique E
Thorne Research, Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate
Sports Research Omega 3 Fish Oil (2x 1250 mg)
Vitamin C (2x 9 gram)

Is PT working and is this a temporary increase? Or should I worry, especially the high hsCRP value?
With this amount of Vit C I already have a watery stool. Maybe want to take in addition liposomal vit C.

What should I have tested?
Fibrogen and Homocysteine?

What other steps could I take, any recommendations?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Trying to lower Lpa and cholesterol but getting worse

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 am

If I understand, your total cholesterol dropped from 360 mg/dl to 282 mg/dl.

This is consistent with E. Ginter's findings, as reported by Pauling in HTLLAFB, which indicates that your vitamin C intake is good, but perhaps more vitamin C would be optimal. (Total cholesterol normalizes at 180 mg/dl when vitamin C intake is optimal.)

I also don't believe the reported Lp(a) is measured because Lp(a) is a form of LDL and would be part of your total cholesterol.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Saw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:49 pm

If I understand, your total cholesterol dropped from 360 mg/dl to 282 mg/dl.

I think these are reversed???
Triglyceride 76 114 mg/dl

Fish oil is known to lower triglycerides
Are you taking the Ethyl ester or triglyceride form?
EE form needs conversion to TG form
Maybe this is a problem for you?

Metabolism

While in the EE form the glycerol backbone is missing. Therefore the fatty acids will find an available triglyceride backbone or they will take one from an existing molecule. If the latter occurs the molecule missing the backbone will look for another backbone and so on creating a domino effect. The free fatty acids are taken up by the enterocytes (gut epithelium) and must be reconverted to TGs in order to be transported in the blood.3

Fats are stored and transported in the body in triglyceride form. Research shows that after ingestion of an omega-3 fatty acid molecule in triglyceride form the fatty acids are cut from the glycerol backbone then the backbone and fatty acids are absorbed via the gut epithelial cells and immediately reattached to form the natural triglyceride.2 This is supported by our own understanding of human physiology; when ethyl esters are consumed they are processed in the liver where the ethanol is drawn off and the body must then rebuild the resulting free fatty acids back into a triglyceride. The EEs that get digested produce free fatty acids plus ethanol. This is a less efficient absorption process compared with the direct intake of a natural form triglyceride because the EE form must be reconverted back to a TG form in the body. The delay in TG re-synthesis suggests that transport to the blood is more efficient in natural TG fish oils as compared to EE.245 Furthermore this delay of TG re-synthesis in EE fish oils causes a release of ethyl alcohol and may subsequently produce oxidative stress by releasing free radicals in addition to releasing the ethanol.
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

cylon75

Post Number:#4  Post by cylon75 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 am

I think these are reversed???

Yes, the second column contains my most recent values. The third column contains the values from last year. Not sure how to make a proper table.

Are you taking the Ethyl ester or triglyceride form?
EE form needs conversion to TG form
Maybe this is a problem for you?

The Sports Research Omega 3 Fish Oil I am taking is the TG form.

Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids as TG 1,040 mg
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA as TG) 690 mg
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA as TG) 260 mg
Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids 90 mg

Total 1250 mg and I take the pills two times a day.

I also don't believe the reported Lp(a) is measured because Lp(a) is a form of LDL and would be part of your total cholesterol.

Yes, it is part of my total cholesterol. The Lp(a) value should/is measured in nmol/l and not mg/dl. It was a separate test from the lipoprint but on the same result report, just like the oxLDL and hsCRP value. The lipoprint tells me that I have small dense LDL particles which is not good where Lp(a) mostly binds to (LDL 4-7 subclasses in the lipoprint result).
This small dense LDL particles could explain the high hsCRP and oxLDL value but what is cause and what is result.

My doctor warned me by refusing the PCKS9 injections he would be upset to see me in the ICU in a few years. That's why the high hsCRP value but not the cholesterol worries me. What is causing it? If my values worsen as they did, something in my body is needing a lot of repair and therefore cholesterol/Lp(a) creation. As vitamin C already gives me a watery stool, Lp(a) increasing, I will increase Vitamin C by taking additional liposomal vit C.

The corona virus restrictions here, bad air/problems with lungs and in result less exercise did not do any good to my insulin sensitivity.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”