Lipo profile results

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Lipo profile results

Post Number:#16  Post by Xdxml » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:36 am

Thanks

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by Xdxml » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:04 am

I got another update, Just got my lpa result. It went up by 3 . October 2020 it was 20 and March 2021 it is now 23. I was keen to make sure I was taking 5 g lysine and 3g proline past 5 months. Is this strange that proline and lysine is not working for me? Anything I can do in this situation?

I take then as 2.5g x 2 per day for lysine

And 1.5G x 2 per day for proline

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:30 am

In the original patent by Linus Pauling he desriped lysine as a Lp(a) binding inhibitor. Not neccesarily a Lp(a) reducer.

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by Xdxml » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:44 am

pamojja wrote:In the original patent by Linus Pauling he desriped lysine as a Lp(a) binding inhibitor. Not neccesarily a Lp(a) reducer.

Ok got you :)

so I’m assuming the lysine is binding on the arterial walls and not on the lpa? Or do the lpa still be counted even if they have been neutralized by the lysine ?

Or can lpa be harmless since I’m taking lysine and proline? Even if it increased

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#20  Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 am

Whole patent here: https://patents.google.com/patent/US5278189A/en

We have also discovered that substances that inhibit the binding of Lp(a) to components of the arterial wall, particularly to fibrinogen, fibrin and fibrin degradation products herein identified as binding inhibitors, such as lysine or ε-aminocaproic acid used alone or in combination with ascorbate, cause release of Lp(a) from the arterial wall. Thus, ascorbate and such binding inhibitors are not only useful for the prevention of occlusive cardiovascular disease, but also for the treatment of such disease.

Bolded emphasis by me. So with enough plaque the Lp(a) in the blood-steam might even be increased some time by its release from the arterial walls.

With an Lp(a) of now 23 you're actually in the normal range (usually below 30; with an other unit below 70). Lp(a) seems to be a substitution for the lost abilty in humans to synthesize ascrobic acid endogenously. And as such actually a protective mechanism, which of course can turn against you with time (like the accumulation of plaque, initially protective itself; but once occluding most of the artheries..). I wouldn't worry with such low levels, but take sufficient ascorbic acid (up to bowel-tolerance, continuing with slightly less) and Lp(a) binding inhibitors, like lysine.

In my case Lp(a) fluctuated between 30-60 the last 12 years. Still experienced remission from a walking-disability from a 80% stenosis at my aorta-bifurcation.

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by Xdxml » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:59 am

Thanks.

Would there be a need to increase lysine? As per this article

“ Pauling and Rath's invention for destroying existing atherosclerotic plaques is the large amount of another essential nutrient, the amino acid lysine. Pauling filmed a video lecture in which he recommended that heart patients take between 2,000 and 6,000 mg of lysine daily with their vitamin C (more if serum Lp(a) is elevated). Neither vitamin C nor lysine have any known lethal dose.”

https://cardiacos.net/wp-content/upload ... t-cure.pdf

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:50 am

Only by trying one can find out.

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#23  Post by Xdxml » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:25 am

pamojja wrote:Only by trying one can find out.

Thanks I would like to confirm my VC bowl tolerance methode

So far I can take 14g x 3 times a day.

Tomorrow I will try 15g x 3 times day

Etc..

If I take 16g and I get diarrhea then I will go back to 15g x 3 per day

Is this the correct way to find out how much Vc I need?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#24  Post by pamojja » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:26 am

Wow, 14g at once is a lot you tolerate! I could only go to 10g at once.

As far as I understand, the goal with reaching bowel-tolerance is not to reach the limit with 2-3 doses - but as much ascorbic acid possible to absorb during 1 waking day. Thereby by this total amount also indicating how much your body really needs (due to underlying conditions). So better choose a day with no other errants.

Then instead of taking 14g at once, try 7g every 30 minutes. 16 waking hours x 2 times = 32 doses x 7g = would bring you to 224 g per day. If you get a bowel-flush too early in the day, try an other day with even less in a dose and larger intervals. If you didn't reach bowel-tolerance even with 224g at the end of the day, then decrease the intervals to 20 minutes, or up each dose a little bid.

Already with only 3 high doses your bowel-tolerance will probably be much much higher than 45g. Once you reached your daily bowel-tolerance with smaller but much more frequent doses, reduce the daily total by a third. With much less daily doses again.

You could of course also continue with your method. But that way you'll only know your limit in one dose, and not your daily limit.

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#25  Post by Xdxml » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:28 am

pamojja wrote:Wow, 14g at once is a lot you tolerate! I could only go to 10g at once.

As far as I understand, the goal with reaching bowel-tolerance is not to reach the limit with 2-3 doses - but as much ascorbic acid possible to absorb during 1 waking day. Thereby by this total amount also indicating how much your body really needs (due to underlying conditions). So better choose a day with no other errants.

Then instead of taking 14g at once, try 7g every 30 minutes. 16 waking hours x 2 times = 32 doses x 7g = would bring you to 224 g per day. If you get a bowel-flush too early in the day, try an other day with even less in a dose and larger intervals. If you didn't reach bowel-tolerance even with 224g at the end of the day, then decrease the intervals to 20 minutes, or up each dose a little bid.

Already with only 3 high doses your bowel-tolerance will probably be much much higher than 45g. Once you reached your daily bowel-tolerance with smaller but much more frequent doses, reduce the daily total by a third. With much less daily doses again.

You could of course also continue with your method. But that way you'll only know your limit in one dose, and not your daily limit.

I will have to use this method then and report. Thanks again

Once I find my deadly limit how then do I take that in normal day?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#26  Post by pamojja » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:00 am

Xdxml wrote:Once I find my deadly limit how then do I take that in normal day?

The 'deadly' limit will make you run once to the toilet. Usually during a normal day 1/3 less than bowel-tolerance. If it would be excessively high (>100g) one of course can't do it every day due to having to take it too frequently. Then just take the highest amount with that much frequency possible to maintain in the long run.

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by Xdxml » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:59 am

pamojja wrote:
Xdxml wrote:Once I find my deadly limit how then do I take that in normal day?

The 'deadly' limit will make you run once to the toilet. Usually during a normal day 1/3 less than bowel-tolerance. If it would be excessively high (>100g) one of course can't do it every day due to having to take it too frequently. Then just take the highest amount with that much frequency possible to maintain in the long run.

I started off with 3g every 30m . By the time I took 9 grams in an hour and a half i reached my tolerance. Is that strange since I was able to take 14g at once without any issues?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#28  Post by pamojja » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:08 am

Was the stool indeed liquid and came with force? Could it been vitamin C unrelated diarhea? Did it continue without adding more vitamin C?

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#29  Post by Xdxml » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:01 am

pamojja wrote:Was the stool indeed liquid and came with force? Could it been vitamin C unrelated diarhea? Did it continue without adding more vitamin C?

Yes sure, I didn’t eat anything so it had to be the Vc. It continued for about 2 hours , I went to the restroom 3 times.

Does this mean anything? I’m planning to scale back to 2g every hour and see if that works

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#30  Post by pamojja » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:08 am

Xdxml wrote:It continued for about 2 hours , I went to the restroom 3 times.

Very unusual for a vitamin C flush. Especially after you tolerated already 45g yesterday without any flush.

Could it be you suffered from long-standing constipation? Where the 45g yesterday started it moving and only a little more today needed to get it going?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”