Old Atherosclerosis ?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Christopher62
Contributor
Contributor

Old Atherosclerosis ?

Post Number:#1  Post by Christopher62 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:17 pm

My question is related to the Lipoprotein 'a ' test , my result came back at 4mg/dl which is at the very low end of the acceptable levels , however my CAC shows a reading of 200 & after a recent stroke the doctor mentioned carotid artery buildup , is it possible that its very old plaque ? Cheers ?

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Old Atherosclerosis ?

Post Number:#2  Post by eDOC » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:21 am

Correct it's an old gradual build up that lead to the Stroke.
+90% of them have an understanding factor like cardiovascular/ hypertension or diabetes which wasn't well controlled over the years.
Like posted somewhere, once a stroke be prepared for another in the next 1-2 years, despite how good you control your underlying condition using conventional meds.
Smart option would be to go on a good supplement protocol.

eDOC!!

PS: I don't receive notifications.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Christopher62
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by Christopher62 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:54 pm

Thanks for the reply ,appreciated , I have just begun the PT & will push on this route for the future ...I have had an underlying BP problem for 30years ,during this time I was an athlete for 20+ years & never once affected me, even racking up 25,000 km per year on the bike ....no diabetes , no weight issues, non drinker , non smoker .. stress in the physical athletic sense and also the normal daily business stress .... from a diet point of view these last few years have been low carb.... I was a vegan for sometime whilst an athlete & would avoid this option as I suspect some link between my event & the diet I ate while competing ...cheers

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by eDOC » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:54 am

You're welcome.
Good that you started PT, but may require other supplements too that many educated members could add. Since am busy with treating COVID patients and vaccinations.

Questions:

1. Chronic stress besides sport related lingering constantly in your mind?
2. BP readings without and with meds or PT?
3. Any prescriptive BP lowering meds?
4. Stroke deficits, if any?
5. ED issues?
6. Any cardiac imaging...e.g a ECHO, Doppler or a thallium scan?

Only thing I can think of his stress (Financial, Health or Social), diet causing hypertensive damage resulting in a stroke.
I was a prof. swimmer when young, athletes usually have a bradycardia and low BP/HR, increases when demanded.
I have a patient whose HbA1c was 10 and with merely changing his life style/diet, (cycles 10 miles daily, and 50 on a Sunday) decreased it to 5.0 with none supplements.
Mere consequences of 10 which I explained to him make those drastic changes.

eDOC!!

Christopher62
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by Christopher62 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:42 am

Thankyou again eDoc ..

In addition to the PT I consume the following supplements

Omega 3
Magnesium Glycinate
D3 & K2 combo
Vit E
Vit A
Turmeric
Ginger
Melatonin ( bedtime)
Boron
Coq10
Niacin
B-Complex
Beetroot
Ashwaghanda
Probiotic

Prescribed Meds

aspirin 82mg
Madiplot 10mg once day

these meds I have been taking only since the stroke 8 weeks ago ...I need to dump the madilpot as it gives me palpitations ...

To answer the questions ..

1/ yes , I have a wife 25 years younger than me & a seven year old boy ( I am 59) & still in business after 38years .
2/ normal BP for me prior to the stroke and for the last 30 years was 175/ 115 , with meds 130/90 ( but my body doesn't like it) resting pulse rate 55 , most of my life was mid 40"s .... first time on meds this last 8 weeks .
3/ Madiplot10mg
4/ lost my vision initially but came back , balance not 100% & energy waivers ...I am back on the bike but only 20km in the evening on mountain bike off road , walk 5km each morning.
5 . No problems
6. no imaging done but I had an echo on my medical 3 months ago & all normal .

My stroke occurred after a heavy gym session , the end of a six week cycle .

Cheers eDoc

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by eDOC » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:39 am

Apparently looks ok to me. (BTW it's a typical copy and paste that most use here.)
Must have been a hemorrhagic stroke...
Anyways, I do find 3 major flaws or bases uncovered in your PT + regimen, IF I were treating a patient similar to you. (I have an issue, that am a perfectionist.).
I'll let the forum mods and other expert educated members have a closer look.
If you still are unsatisfied email.

Good luck.

eDOC!!

PS: I had a day off, have a great Sat evening...

Christopher62
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by Christopher62 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:14 pm

Thanks eDOC , appreciate the reply , I also still drink on an empty stomach ,fresh celery juice daily , followed by a Garlic & lemon drink that I make in batches ,enough to last 10days ... I have begun to reduse the BP meds as they give me daily palpitations , started by halving the dose and work down gradually to get off them totally in a couple of weeks ...

Cheers

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:51 am

Better late than never... sorry... The key nutrient outside the PT for calcified soft tissue is vitamin K. My wife and I use Super-K from LEF.ORG - both have zero calcium on fast-CF tests.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”