Protocol for High Blood Pressure & Cholesterol?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Protocol for High Blood Pressure & Cholesterol?

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:29 am

At the same time as you are taking your vitamin C?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by pamojja » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:57 am

Always take vitamin C on empty stomach before meals and bed. During titrating to bowel-tolerance taking vitamin C throughout, that isn't possible. Nor would it be possible while titrating with a dose every 30 something minutes to also eat ~30 times a day. Only eat 2 meals a day.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#18  Post by ofonorow » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:14 am

So you might experiment with adding some glucose to your vitamin C with the idea of testing whether a lower amount of C is then necessary.

I don't know this is true, but if I interpreted the information correctly, it might be of value. The problem is that in fruits, the nutrients are already "bound" to glucose, so this might be a requirement. I don't know.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by pamojja » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 am

ofonorow wrote:So you might experiment with adding some glucose to your vitamin C with the idea of testing whether a lower amount of C is then necessary.

As already said, eating with every vitamin C dose is totally idiotic, since I do get more than enough glucose (according to blood-levels) from daily vegetable and fruits.

But if you so strongly believe the medical medium ghost's silly phantasies, that you could reduce your bowel-tolerance that way you're free to go ahead. Just reckon with more amputations from diabetes.

While I maintain my remission from PAD and the otherwise unavoidable amputations with low-carb and intermittent fasting.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#20  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:20 pm

What I don't know, and what wish I knew, is whether as this source claims, no nutrients are absorbed (first by the liver) without glucose "driving" them through the membrane.

Since glucose is maintained at a specific level in healthy individuals, e.g,, 90 mg/dll, we can assume that insulin is not continually released. Rather, the pancreas is stimulated by a meal, and apparently the sugar in the meal is important.

Now, Levy and others have found studies showing the high dose vitamin C does stimulate the pancreas in some people to release insulin, as if VIT C is fooling the body that glucose were present.

I'm curious whether smaller amounts of vitamin C can be effective in conjunction with an insulin release caused by glucose.

Another unanswered question is whether the nutrients HAVE to be bound to glucose, as they are in fruits, before they are driven into cells along with the glucose.

I am a Type I-like diabetic, and this knowledge implies that without insulin, my body cannot absorb nutrients, which could explain a great deal, including the epidemic of foot sores that don't heal in diabetics.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

rdmcewen
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#21  Post by rdmcewen » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:18 pm

Looking at adding Potassium and K2(MK7). i am having a hard time finding anything for dosing other than VK " Linus Pauling Institute recommends taking a multivitamin/mineral supplement and eating at least one cup of dark green leafy vegetables daily.", "Men 19 and up 120 micrograms/day", or what the supplement I use recommends at 90 mcg. For Potassium everything just says 98 mg. I am confused at what form but it seems the most popular form is potassium citrate. Any recommendations?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:19 am

Anecdotally, Life Extension's (LEF.ORG) Super-K has kept my wife and I at ZERO calcium scores on FAST CT-SCANS over the years. We take one pill daily. (And LEF reports that like vitamin C, higher levels of vitamin K in the blood are correlated to longer life (less mortality).

Potassium (K) is trickier, as too much can stop the heart. K has been reported over the years at this forum to reliably lower blood pressure (as will magnesium). Many have been interested in potassium ascorbate (a form of vitamin C bound to potassium). If you can monitor your blood pressure, start at the 100 mg, and gradually increase and monitor your BP.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

rdmcewen
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#23  Post by rdmcewen » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:05 pm

Thanks for the information on Super K. I had also looked at Thorne 3-K complete and noticed the reduction of K1 and in increase of K2(MK-4) which it seems some people believe is a better composition. Was wondering if you had any thoughts.

https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/3-k-complete

I was having a hard time finding many different brands of Potassium Ascorbate, as I only found 2. Everything else was buffered c formulations with other ingredients. I was looking at taking 1/8 tsp of Potassium Ascorbate from WholeSale Nutrition as it is 1 of the very few brands I could find that was only Ascorbic Acid and Potassium. Any thoughts on this would also be welcome.

https://www.nutri.com/Shop/Vitamins-and ... Ascorbate/

Thank you for the information.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”