Lysosomal VC

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Lysosomal VC

Post Number:#16  Post by Xdxml » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:01 am

pamojja wrote:
Xdxml wrote:
ofonorow wrote: , I got my results yesterday and they are still high at 319 even after 18g of VC daily for 5 months and off any low carb diet ) I have also removed all my mercury fillings in November

My lipids all greatly improved on a low carb diet. Was the mercury removed properly by a informed biological dentist? - Because otherwise the still high cholesterol could be explained to the increased exposure to mercury during the removal.

I thing that is the best way...low carb but not keto. I noticed my trig went up when I ate a lot of breads rice etc..

Yes I specifically when to a biological dentist who had the proper training for it

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:13 am

Xdxml wrote:I thing that is the best way...low carb but not keto. I noticed my trig went up when I ate a lot of breads rice etc..

Yes I specifically when to a biological dentist who had the proper training for it

Glad to hear about the proper mercury removal.

Higher trigs (and lower HDL) is a sign of insulin resistance. Triglycerides are the most informing part of a lipid-panel, since close to 50 mg/dl means almost no dangerous small dense LDL are part of your LDL-lipid fraction. While triglycerides close to 150 mg/dl means almost all of your LDL are small dense LDL. The dangerous type, since they are through their longer life-cycle (don't get recycled as easy) are more oxidized and thereby can contribute to artheriosclerosis.

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by Xdxml » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:36 am

pamojja wrote:
Xdxml wrote:I thing that is the best way...low carb but not keto. I noticed my trig went up when I ate a lot of breads rice etc..

Glad to hear about the proper mercury removal.

Higher trigs (and lower HDL) is a sign of insulin resistance. Triglycerides are the most informing part of a lipid-panel, since close to 50 mg/dl means almost no dangerous small dense LDL are part of your LDL-lipid fraction. While triglycerides close to 150 mg/dl means almost all of your LDL are small dense LDL. The dangerous type, since they are through their longer life-cycle (don't get recycled as easy) are more oxidized and thereby can contribute to artheriosclerosis.

I’m taking niacin 500mg x 3 as well as 3g fish oil, besides diet any way to lower trig?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#19  Post by pamojja » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:39 am

Beside the niacin and high dose omega-3 (between 3 and 6 g of EPA and DHA 'content' of fish oil therefore much higher fish oil as you take) I only know diet.

For that it helps for some time to monitor your blood-glucose with a cheap blood-glucose monitor. Once fasted and once about 1 hr after each meal. That way one can single out foods provoking too high glucose spikes, avoid or eliminate them, and thereby lower triglycerides too.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#20  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 am

pamojja is absolutely correct! However, my $1000 offer for ANY ERROR found in the first five book of the MEDICAL MEDIUM still stands. (I may have found one error in the CELERY book, and I am not paying for errors in the last JUICING book.)

This knowledge is astounding, much of it hard to believe, and I had enough faith in it that a) I stopped my thyroid hormones and b) my adrenal function returned.

For those unfamiliar with the Medical Medium books... It has three major messages.

#1. Glucose is GOOD (vital nutrient for both the liver and the brain.) Note, ordinary sugar is a combination of glucose GOOD and fructose (not so good in large amounts!)

#2 Dietary Fat is BAD..

#3 Most of the ills of humankind are due to viral infection(s). (Not said, but implied is these viruses resulted from medical research, and are delivered in vaccines to the populations, resulting today in 1 in 2 or 3 chance of Cancer (when in the 50/60s, the rate of cancer was 1 in 265.

As far as the glucose/vitamin C connection, I may be interpreting it wrong. The books don't recommend taking glucose with vitamin C, per se. Instead they recommend getting your nutrients in fruit - where the sugars are combined with glucose.... I can think of so many interesting experiments....

There is no suggestion of increasing insulin, in fact, insulin per say isn't mentioned in these books, as far as I can remember. Instead the books inform us that glucose is "necessary to drive all nutrients" into the liver for processing, otherwise the nutrients are wasted.

It is my personal speculation, based on this high level knowedge, that the reason such high doses of vitamin C are necessary for many clinical effects, is because these amounts "fool" the pancreas into producing insulin (which might otherwise be released if the vitamin C is taken with glucose.)

I can think of so many interesting experiments...

Thanks. I was planing on replacing powder AA with liposomal because of the new information about insulin and absorbing VC.

I don't follow this logic? The new, lets call it idea, is that less vitamin C may be required when taken along with a little glucose (Note: only glucose, not ordinary table sugar, sucrose).

I now take 18g-21g vc per day divided 3 times
( as of today I’m still not sure how much VC I still need, after my initial results of 329 cholesterol in October ( was on keto diet), I got my results yesterday and they are still high at 319 even after 18g of VC daily for 5 months and off any low carb diet ) I have also removed all my mercury fillings in November

Depending on how strict your keto diet, you may be proving the point. No glucose available, essentially "wasting" all the vitamin C. It would be an interesting experiment to purchase some NOW Foods Dextrose (D-glucose) and add a little with your vitamin C. Report back what happens to your high cholesterol. If it did lower to around 220 mg/dl, that would be interesting.

If I were to introduce a fruit to raise insulin to absorb VC is there an estimate of how much vc I can cut back or would it be wise to use same dosage with a fruit and see... maybe that’s why the cholesterol was still high- lack of Vc absorption ? Any recommendations would be helpful.

Almost all experts on Keto diets are now recommending adding fruit. See this old topic KETO'S FATAL FLAW for more info http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14678&hilit=keto+fatal+flaw

Selfishly, I would be interested in your trying to maintain your current levels of vitamin C, and adding say a half teaspoon of dextrose (glucose) to your vitamin C drink, and then finding out what happens to your cholesterol.

If you cholesterol drops, then maybe you can experiment with a lower amount of vitamin C?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Xdxml
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by Xdxml » Sat May 15, 2021 10:36 am

ofonorow wrote:pamojja is absolutely correct! However, my $1000 offer for ANY ERROR found in the first five book of the MEDICAL MEDIUM still stands. (I may have found one error in the CELERY book, and I am not paying for errors in the last JUICING book.)

This knowledge is astounding, much of it hard to believe, and I had enough faith in it that a) I stopped my thyroid hormones and b) my adrenal function returned.

For those unfamiliar with the Medical Medium books... It has three major messages.

#1. Glucose is GOOD (vital nutrient for both the liver and the brain.) Note, ordinary sugar is a combination of glucose GOOD and fructose (not so good in large amounts!)

#2 Dietary Fat is BAD..

#3 Most of the ills of humankind are due to viral infection(s). (Not said, but implied is these viruses resulted from medical research, and are delivered in vaccines to the populations, resulting today in 1 in 2 or 3 chance of Cancer (when in the 50/60s, the rate of cancer was 1 in 265.

As far as the glucose/vitamin C connection, I may be interpreting it wrong. The books don't recommend taking glucose with vitamin C, per se. Instead they recommend getting your nutrients in fruit - where the sugars are combined with glucose.... I can think of so many interesting experiments....

There is no suggestion of increasing insulin, in fact, insulin per say isn't mentioned in these books, as far as I can remember. Instead the books inform us that glucose is "necessary to drive all nutrients" into the liver for processing, otherwise the nutrients are wasted.

It is my personal speculation, based on this high level knowedge, that the reason such high doses of vitamin C are necessary for many clinical effects, is because these amounts "fool" the pancreas into producing insulin (which might otherwise be released if the vitamin C is taken with glucose.)

I can think of so many interesting experiments...

Thanks. I was planing on replacing powder AA with liposomal because of the new information about insulin and absorbing VC.

I don't follow this logic? The new, lets call it idea, is that less vitamin C may be required when taken along with a little glucose (Note: only glucose, not ordinary table sugar, sucrose).

I now take 18g-21g vc per day divided 3 times
( as of today I’m still not sure how much VC I still need, after my initial results of 329 cholesterol in October ( was on keto diet), I got my results yesterday and they are still high at 319 even after 18g of VC daily for 5 months and off any low carb diet ) I have also removed all my mercury fillings in November

Depending on how strict your keto diet, you may be proving the point. No glucose available, essentially "wasting" all the vitamin C. It would be an interesting experiment to purchase some NOW Foods Dextrose (D-glucose) and add a little with your vitamin C. Report back what happens to your high cholesterol. If it did lower to around 220 mg/dl, that would be interesting.

If I were to introduce a fruit to raise insulin to absorb VC is there an estimate of how much vc I can cut back or would it be wise to use same dosage with a fruit and see... maybe that’s why the cholesterol was still high- lack of Vc absorption ? Any recommendations would be helpful.

Almost all experts on Keto diets are now recommending adding fruit. See this old topic KETO'S FATAL FLAW for more info http://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14678&hilit=keto+fatal+flaw

Selfishly, I would be interested in your trying to maintain your current levels of vitamin C, and adding say a half teaspoon of dextrose (glucose) to your vitamin C drink, and then finding out what happens to your cholesterol.

If you cholesterol drops, then maybe you can experiment with a lower amount of vitamin C?

Thanks for the information.

I would like to try that, but I have one concern, will dextrose raise insulin to unhealthy levels? I normally have zero sugar because I know spikes more than 125 is not good. I try to measure my levels after certain meals to make sure no insulin spike. Perhaps you can address this point?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 16, 2021 11:54 am

I would like to try that, but I have one concern, will dextrose raise insulin to unhealthy levels? I normally have zero sugar because I know spikes more than 125 is not good. I try to measure my levels after certain meals to make sure no insulin spike. Perhaps you can address this point?

The new knowledge (at least to me) is how important glucose (dextrose) is for both the brain and liver (Both these organs have reserves that are stored as a form of glycogen.) When you deprive your body of glucose, you start either using up those glycogen reserves, and then when they are depleted, the body has emergency backups that I am not intimately familiar with, i.e., your body may turn proteins into sugars.

Nothing wrong, in my mind or my interpretation, to avoid table sugar, which is half fructose.

But insulin is a natural and important response to the intake of glucose. (Without insulin, it is my new understanding, that many of the nutrients or supplements you take may not be absorbed, and simply pass out of the body.)

Blood sugar control is not necessarily controlling spikes, but keeping your blood sugar low AFTER you process a meal, which can take hours to pass through you digestive system.

Lets say you decided to sweeten your coffee and lemonade with glucose (rather than table sugar/sucrose), I think you would be feeding your body what it absolutely needs. And if you are telling your pancreas to release insulin, then my new understanding is that you should also have nutrients with your glucose/insulin. The insulin that "pushes" the glucose into your cells, would also push nutrients along with (attached to) the glucose.

This seems to be why MM promotes fruits, where the glucose is already bound to the phytonutrients.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”