New Insane Lp(a) Drugs Causing Inflated Lp(a) Labs?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

New Insane Lp(a) Drugs Causing Inflated Lp(a) Labs?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:35 am

*She just had lab work done and it showed a jump in her LPa to 330 and she was skeptical that the Cardio wasn't working.

There is good news and bad news with the advent of the insanely expensive Lp(a) drugs. They are usually injected subcutaneously, perhaps every month or every two weeks for something like $7000 per injection... and apparently there is a new procedure that takes blood, removes the Lp(a) and then puts it back!

The original drug I heard about started with the letter "r" (but so far, I have been unable to google that one. Here are some I was able to find...)

TQJ230 (formerly known as AKCEA-APO(a)-LRx) option was exercised to license the ...PELACARSEN....Apheresis

The good news is that with all these newly trained drug reps "training" cardiologists, they are learning about Lp(a) - finally.

Aug 24, 2021
I also met with a lipped doctor yesterday that my cardiologist sent me to get my levels checked he wants me to think about a procedure he does in the office they take blood out of one arm run it through a machine to remove the Lpa, from the arteries & put the clean blood back in the other arm because my last Lpa test in 2018 was at 125mg/L he claims it lowers Lpa by 80% & I would have to do this procedure every two weeks for four hours for the rest of my life. I believe they call it Apheresis. I looked at him like he was joking.
Charles

The very bad news is that these drugs lead to the elimination of the "plaster casts", in arteries, that the Lp(a) promotes (in the absence of sufficient vitamin C, as predicted by the Pauling/Rath unified theory.) Your body is producing apo(a) in response to a problem. These drugs, by gene therapy that inhibits the production of apo(a)/Lp(a) interfere with the body's ability to protect itself.

In a nutshell, if you are not taking enough vitamin C, your body makes Lp(a) to patch and stabilize your arteries. Now you come along and remove the body's "surrogate" for low vitamin C, and the end result will be more, not less, heart attacks and CVD.

The beauty and brilliance of Pauling's therapy - is that it provides everything the body needs to make collagen and stabilize arteries, especially vitamin C, while usually eliminating the sclerosis (plaster casts) and lowering Lp(a) when proline is added.

Perhaps even worse, it appears that since Lp(a) is "calculated" (and not usually measured) there may have been an adjustment in the calculation lately. Customers are reporting "very high" Lp(a) labs that they don't believe, and neither do I. And using the new nmol/l measure makes them appear very high, in relation to the original mg/dl... e.g. 90 normal versus 20.

If others have run into this, let us know. We'll try to check on the FDA approving a new Lp(a) calculation. Until then, for $30 you can get your lp(a) measured at Life Extension (LEF.ORG), or at least their Lp(a) blood test description says it measures Lp(a).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”