Is Cardio-C with Sodium Ascorbate an option?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Is Cardio-C with Sodium Ascorbate an option?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:15 am

Hello,
I have a suggestion - can you pass it on to the appropriate people? Thanks! It would be wonderful if you could produce a version of Cardio-C made with Sodium Ascorbate instead of Ascorbic Acid.
I am one of the many people who cannot tolerate ascorbate acid, so I try to fashion my own version of Cardio-C by adding L-Lysine and L-Proline to my sodium ascorbate.
I can only guess at amounts of these, and it is of course much less convenient than just taking taking a scoop of Cardio-C.
Is this something that you might consider developing?
With thanks,

For one thing, it is "easy" to turn some or all ascorbic acid into sodium ascorbate. You can do what Linus Pauling wrote that he did, i.e., add an equal or lesser amount of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to the Cardio-C drink.

There is no way that I know of to turn sodium ascorbate into ascorbic acid, and please know that all our positive experience over the many years (since around 1996) has been from using ascorbic acid, not sodium ascorbate.

We ran experiments showing that while sodium ascorbate travels down the gut, in a more "slow released" fashion, ascorbic acid can enter the blood stream through the stomach wall (apparently) in 3 minutes! This rapid entry into the blood stream may help explain why Dr. Cathcart said he could only obtain the "ascorbate effect" with ascorbic acid orally, but not with mineral ascorbates (e.g. sodium ascorbate),

Note for newbies. IV/C must be with a buffered ascorbate, e.g. sodium ascorbate, and NOT ascorbic acid.

What problem do you think you have where you can not tolerate ascorbic acid?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”