Does L-Citrulline compete with L-Lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Does L-Citrulline compete with L-Lysine

Post Number:#1  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:27 am

Does L-Citrulline compete with L-Lysine like L-Arginine does, or is it a different pathway?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does L-Citrulline compete with L-Lysine

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:37 am

My incomplete understanding is that the "competition" between lysine and arginine has to do with absorption in the GI tract. In other words, they share the same pathway through the intestinal wall.

I have no idea if all aminos share this pathway, but, if you separate large amounts of other aminos from L-Lysine by 4 hours (the time it takes to digest proteins) you shouldn't have to worry about this kind of competition.

It turns out that arginine and lysine are probably "antagonistic" in another way. Human knowledge (therefore fallible) is that while lysine is "anti-viral," and actually twists viral DNA in one direction, Arginine promotes viruses, by twisting their DNA in another direction.

No idea whether citrulline plays in this game.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by eDOC » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:05 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:Does L-Citrulline compete with L-Lysine like L-Arginine does, or is it a different pathway?

@DiverDown2, Citrulline does not compete with Lysine. I don't know of your requirements, intentions of taking it. I would recommend giving Lysine a 1 week off, rest period if you have been taking it for more than 3/6 months.

eDOC!!

PS: Feel free to contact for any additional queries, if any. Since I don't get notified and am setting up my gene therapy project.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by DiverDown2 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:45 am

Thanks for the reply, Taking Lysine as part of Pauling's Protocol.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:02 am

It is worth remembering (Thank you Linus!) that lysine is essential and we need at least 1 gram per day for life (to stay in nitrogen balance.) I'm not sure why eDOC recommends taking some time off high dose lysine, but the reason I wrote my book is because of all the people who felt cured, stopped the Pauling therapy, and suffered heart attacks roughly six months after stopping.

Stopping for short periods is probably okay, but if you are prone to chronic scurvy (aka heart disease) I wouldn't stop for months.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

DiverDown2
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by DiverDown2 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:14 am

That puzzled me also, since Lysine is a Major part of Linus Protocol to keep LP-a from sticking, and I have High LP-a.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”