Validity of sources of Lysine and Proline

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

mstandifer001

Validity of sources of Lysine and Proline

Post Number:#1  Post by mstandifer001 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:15 pm

I have a couple of questions regarding if it matters or not where your Lysine and Proline comes from.

Background (this matters for the purpose of my question):
Currently taking the following in pill form-
16 grams vitamin C
6 grams Lysine
2 grams Proline

I also take a protein powder for general health.

Many people here probably already knew that when a protein powder supplement says it has 24 grams of protein, what that really means is that the individual essential and non-essential amino acids contained in that particular protein supplement add up to 24 grams. I did not know this! I just thought protein was this generic 'thing'.

With few exceptions all protein powder supplements contain Lysine and Proline.

The one I am taking contains 2.6 grams of Lysine and 1.5 grams of Proline per serving. I take it 3 times a day so my total intake is 7.7 grams of Lysine and 4.4 grams of Proline. This is in addition to the pill form above.

Questions:
-For the success of the Pauling Therapy does it matter where the Lysine and Proline comes from or does it have to be in pill form?

-If it doesn't matter then am I taking way too much and should drop the pill supplements?

-If it does matter, then is there a factor I can use for the reduced efficacy of of the protein powder form so I will know how much of the pill form to add to it?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Validity of sources of Lysine and Proline

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:03 am

Since no one else answered... Your protocol is good.

In the beginning, Pauling showed that high vitamin C could "arrest" cardiovascular disease, but not reverse it. Reversal (symptom relief) was accomplished by adding a single amino acid, L-Lysine in the diet, raising intake to at least five grams over what the individuals were getting in their diets.

Proline was added later, because there are proline binding sites on the apo(a) - thus Lp(a) molecules, making proline a Lp(a) binding inhibitor, like lysine.

Adding other aminos (as in eating high protein) introduces many variables. Do they interact and maybe nullify the effect of high lysine somehow? Experimental science would be nice. Since it is not known, and because of the possible ill-effects of eating a high amount of protein (especially in people with digestive problems) I would say there is a risk in counting on protein for your lysine supply. While pure amino acids, in theory, would be better than protein (which may or may not be properly digested) I'd rely on a pure l-lysine supplement for the "Pauling-therapy effect."

If you are not a child, nor a body builder, or healing from a major wound, I would consider limiting or dropping any protein supplementation. You might consider reading Anthony William's books, for more information why protein is not as healthy as we think it is. Here is a blog from his web site:

Truth About Protein

https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/truth-about-protein

Excerpts

The reason it is so important to shed light on this issue is that alongside the misinformation around all chronic illnesses is an obsession with protein that is keeping people sick, and in truth, making them sicker than ever before in history. Today we are going to dive into the truth about protein.

Most of the proteins the liver produces are created from fruits, leafy greens, and vegetables—not from eating the foods most people see as high in protein like eggs, bacon, yogurt, beef, chicken, tofu, fish, milk, nuts and seeds. While it is ok to eat some of these foods, they shouldn’t be the focus of the diet. One of the reasons for that is because these foods are actually high fat foods.

You might be asking then, what can I eat? The truth is, proteins are in all natural whole foods so your options are endless. Raw spinach and nori contain a great deal of protein. Potatoes are often shunned, but the skin of a potato contains healing protein. Tomatoes have proteins in them. Bananas not only contain protein but also satiate due to their calorie count. In addition, the carbohydrates in bananas kill viruses in the gut, helping to heal celiac, IBS, Crohn’s disease, and colitis.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Blanko » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:55 am

I read only 85 grams of steak provides 3 grams of lysine, and meat also is high in proline. So if one is having one steak a day they will be getting adequate lysine. That's also giving you lots of other things not in lysine and proline pills. However, most people cook meat far too much and damage the nutrient profile. I use a local ranch for my meat and just warm it up. No need to cook it. Since I'm not cooking it, I can get away with enjoying sub-optimal cuts since cooking makes meat tougher. This improves the economics of regularly consuming top quality meat.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 28, 2023 8:06 am

Ignoring for a moment the fact that most people cannot eat meat every single day, even if they wanted to, the question is should we?

The Medical Medium is clear that the main problem with most meat is the fat. Fat is not the cause ore reason for atherosclerosis. It is detrimental because of the load it places on our body filter - the liver. The liver has to create more bile the more fat in the diet. And fat in the blood stream is the "unknown" cause of insulin resistance. The fat works to keep glucose from entering cells.

And finally the little know fact that the best protein is in leafy greens and other vegetables.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

walt50050
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by walt50050 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:19 am

Pills/capsules are very difficult

Here's what I do

1 litre Orange Juice

50 grams of vitamin C of personal choice

50 grams Lysine

50 grams Taurine

50 Grams Proline

Mix into about Litre of orange juice

for use, use approximately 20ml of the juice for 50 servings

Should give a combined total of 3 grams protein (1g of each protein used) and 1 gram of C

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:04 pm

You have the ratio between ingredients totally off. Aditionally vitamin C will degrate very fast in liquid, and already the next day completely absent.

nobody in their right mind takes that many pills. Everything is available as powders and easily mixed before drunk.

walt50050
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by walt50050 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 pm

could a person ever pre-make the drink like the recipe without destroying the vitamin c?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:02 pm

Very easy. Add two teaspoon full of ascorbic acid powder and one teaspoon of lysine in a glass of water, stirr and drink. Much easier than to make than a cup of coffee. Repeat at least three times a day.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”