If I am getting lysine and proline in protein drinks, do I need as much

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

If I am getting lysine and proline in protein drinks, do I need as much

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:19 am

The real reason for wanting to join the forum is to ask a very specific question regarding Lysine and Prosine. I am very well educated on the Pauling Therapy but have not found this particular information. This is most likely a forum question but in case I am not approved here it is:

I was taking the following amounts from pill form supplements:
16g Liposomal Vitamin C
6g Lysine
2g Proline

I also began taking protein powder and other supplements to assist with being pre-diabetic type 2.

Many people probably already know that the generic 'grams of protein' found in Protein Shakes is really some profile of individual essential and non-essential amino acids. I did not know this!

The protein powder I am currently using has:
2.6g Lysine per serving
1.5g Proline per serving

I am taking this 3 times a day.

So, through protein powder (whey isolate) I am consuming 7.7 grams of Lysine and 4.4 grams of Proline.

My questions are these:

Is this just the same as if I were taking Lysine and Proline pills from a bottle?

If not, how much more should I take from the pill form to make up the difference?

Thank you for your forum and time you've put into it. I will be happy to post in the forum if that is a more appropriate place once I am approved.

Kind Regards,

M.S.

There is a lot in this email to address. First, depending on the form of liposomal vitamin C, I have no evidence that it can substitute for ordinary vitamin C, especially ascorbic acid, in the Pauling-therapy.

From case reports, extra liposomal does seem to be able to enhance the regular Pauling therapy, but I would be wary of substituting a liposomal form for the key ingredient in Pauling's therapy and theory: Vitamin C. This has to do with the nature of the plaque (usually outside the cells).

There are cases when people have such low bowel tolerances for vitamin C (before diarrhea) that they have no choice but to rely on liposomal as the primary source of vitamin C.

Now some of the homemade liposomal are really emulsions, so adding some lipids may or may not change the nature of the vitamin C. But there are other problems with taking a regular, non-liposomal vitamin C with lipids/fats.

Secondly, my views have changed significantly recently based on surprising (and some would say foolish) new information from an "otherworldly" source, e.g. Anthony William the Medical Medium. I have always maintained that when this source provides information that is provably wrong, I would back away. So far, 8 volumes have been irrefutable and this amazing information has done wonders for me personally. I've also note that the only two supplements the Medical Medium recommends in gram amounts are vitamin C (although the buffered form) and l-lysine. Their recommendations are far better in this regard than the so-called Linus Pauling Institute.

Having said all that, the Medical Medium has convinced me that ALL nutrients (other than liposomal) require glucose (i.e. insulin) before a nutrient can be up-taken into our cells and out of the blood stream. This source also blames fat in the blood for a variety of ills, especially insulin resistance, and diabetes (Type II).

I now believe that if vitamin C is taken with glucose, less is required to trigger the insulin release necessary for therapeutic benefit.

If fat in the blood blocks glucose entry into cells, then it would also block ascorbate (vitamin C).

The Medical Medium downplays the role of protein in human nutrition to such an extent as to pooh pooh protein supplements. This source tells us that the most important nutrient (after water and air) to the human body is glucose. Unfortunately, cane (table sugar)sucrose is a combination of glucose and fructose. When we eat a lot of it, as in the standard American Diet, and as Linus Pauling told us, sucrose provides way too much fructose (the fat switch by the way).

In summary, focus on a good form of vitamin C. I've always felt that 10 grams per day would be a level that should prevent and correct "chronic scurvy".

Lysine (and proline) are individual ingredients that bind to Lp(a) receptors, thus reversing most plaques.

There may be benefits in this regard from protein powders, but it is unknown by me whether the negatives of the powders overcome the benefits. We get proline and lysine in our diets in foods too, but taking vitamin C and eating foods doesn't have the same effects as the Pauling-therapy powders.

Added: Reference links.

Our Deadly Diabetes Deception
http://whale.to/a/smith.html

Thomas Smith is (was) a human researcher who found that fats, trans fats in particular, are the cause of Type II diabetes. Medical Medium agrees. The problem isn't too much sugar (glucose), rather, it's too much glucose in the blood that can't enter cells. Cells and brain, heart, and liver especially absolutely require glucose. The morbidity is from glucose not entering cells. Type II diabetes can be reversed by first eliminating all fats per above article.

There are eight volumes in the Medical Medium series, and it makes sense to start at the beginning:

Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal (Revised and Expanded Edition) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401962874/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=wwwmedicalmed-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=1401962874&linkId=04ed714e51342e39a0a9875d2125cfd8

All Medical Medium books

https://www.medicalmedium.com/books
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”