Does Vitamin-C stabilize plaque?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Lucky1

Does Vitamin-C stabilize plaque?

Post Number:#1  Post by Lucky1 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:13 am

Hi- I’m new here. Just started the Pauling Protocol and have a couple of questions. Been doing a lot of research and it seems that most heart attacks are caused by plaque rupture. Statins for reducing cholesterol is clearly illogical, but they do appear to stabilize plaque and that could be a good thing. So two questions:

1- Does taking a statin interfere with the Pauling protocols’ ability to retard and reduce plaque?

2- Is there evidence that the vitamin c protocol stabilizes plaque so statins are not needed?

Thank you for your help and for having this wonderful forum/resource!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does Vitamin-C stabilize plaque?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 25, 2023 2:37 pm

First of all, vitamin C and lysine are completely nontoxic nutrients required for life. The only issue is dosage. So all people have some vitamin C and lysine in their systems. IMO, the healthier people have more.

Pauling's associate Rath has written that vitamin C and lysine (as Lp(a) binding inhibitors) remove Lp(a) based plaques "molecule by molecule." After all these years, we have no concerns that plaques in very seriously ill people will rupture (versus what routinely happens during surgical procedures.) People invariable become better, unless they feel cured and stop the protocol.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Lucky1

Post Number:#3  Post by Lucky1 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:30 am

Thank you for the response. You say it removes lp(a) based plaques which implies there can be other than Lp(a) based plaques. Is that common? I've been doing the vitamin c protocol for a couple of months now and I guess my concern is, what if it's not a Lp(a) based plaque ? I really need to know some test that I can establish a base line for the plaque and check latter to see if the protocol is working. Testing for Lp(a) could tell me if that's being reduced unless the test measurement includes what the lysine and proline have bound up, but that doesn't help if the plaques is not Lp(a) plaque. Do you know of any repeatable non-invasive lab test that would tell me that? I've had a calcium score but have read varied accounts as to how useful that is for the purpose I speak of.
Thanks again for responding!!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Sat May 27, 2023 4:08 pm

There is always debate in science, and there has not been much direct science as there should have been regarding an outright cure for cardiovascular diseased. A series of discoveries, starting with Biesegal and Matthias' Rath's team in Germany seemed to find Lp(a) (and only Lp(a) cholesterol) in atherosclerotic plaques. The Pauling/Rath theory is that the "sticky" Lp(a) acts as a surrogate for low vitamin C levels, "i.e., patching" arteries that would otherwise be strong from collagen if there were sufficient vitamin C. So I would say that all atherosclerotic plaques are Lp(a) based.

There used to be reliable Lp(a) measurements, but the FDA allowed the big blood testing companies to "compute" (rather than measure Lp(a)). A measured lp(a) test is a good indicator. You might try Life Extension.

Again, you can get an eye exam, and ask for the $9 retinal photo. Ask the optometrist what he thinks about your underlying cardiovascular disease, and see if he will circle the areas where he sees the white atheromas. (We used to send these photos to the late Sydney Bush, rest his sould), If the optometris or opthamologiset can't see any, that's good news too. We have posted medical journal articles that debated whether CVD drugs should be given prior to symptoms based on these photos showing narrowing and plaque. To most doctors, the idea that this condition can be reversed is not considered a possibility
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Lucky1

Post Number:#5  Post by Lucky1 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:02 pm

Thank you for the information! I thought I remembered reading in your book something about the inaccuracy of most Lp(a) tests. That is a big help!

I am totally on board with the benefit of taking c with or w/o a heart issue but I am curious about why problems re-occur if the vitamin c is stopped. My guess is that it is because once the plaque has been established, and /or involved in what Levy calls the ‘proliferation phase’ that the vita c doesn’t remove all the plaque and the proliferation starts back up? Is that your sense?

Also, from what you’ve seen, do you concur with eDOC that one has to have the covid spike removed for any treatment to, including the C protocol to work? I see a lot of testimonials and people aren’t mentioning that.

Thank you for responding to this and my posts with eDOC under my ”Testing for Progress’ thread. You set my mind at ease and I’m very appreciative of that and of the time and effort you spend helping others like myself!

Lucky 1

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”