Here's the result of my VAP test

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Here's the result of my VAP test

Post Number:#31  Post by Johnwen » Mon May 23, 2011 10:01 am

The insulin and C-Peptide are usually given when a doc suspect's diabeitis or glucose is high. So it's more then likely your doc didn't ask for it. The GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) is one that you would remember if you had it because it takes almost a whole day of checking levels after drinking a yuck drink. It's still used but not like it used to be.
So it's easier to push statins then to find the real problem. Anyway here's a Mercola article (long) that kind of says a lot and could very well help in your quest for answers. He dosen't get into the Glut transporters but does get into pushing his products so read it with a grain of salt. It'll give you some ideas.
While looking at Scott taking 20+grams of C and not seeing any results it became apparent to me that the C isn't getting where it needs to go. Encapsulating C in a lipid and not getting into the cells indicates a Glut2 problem which is where insulin comes into play.
I'll let mercola explain it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... t-one.aspx

Hope this helps some.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

freeform

Post Number:#32  Post by freeform » Tue May 24, 2011 1:45 am

From someone who's just been through all the insulin tests and told pre-diabetic. How I turned it around was to purchase an accu-chek glucose test kit. This is not 100% accurate but will give you a good idea of the whole picture - make up your own spread sheet, record what you eat and note what foods and supplements spike your glucose levels.

Here is a link to tell you what range you should be in

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/16422495.php

Glycemic index, you can check which foods have a high value = sugar

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Just had my second GTT I'm no longer insulin resistant, and no longer follow the rule of a low fat diet recommended for heart patient.
Hope this helps.

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#33  Post by scottbushey » Tue May 24, 2011 5:16 am

John,
Look at my recent post on my cholesterol readings done yesterday; I went Paleo for the last 3 weeks. You seem to have your finger on the same trigger as me.

scottbushey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#34  Post by scottbushey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:36 am

Blood test 11/2017:

Glu 97
HDL 48
LDL 160
TC 231
Tri 117
Ratio 4.8